I actually didn't learn a lot, however was surprised by a few things that showed how poor our on field coordination is.

1. Getting sucked to the ball and leaving opposition players out says to me communication on ground isn't where it needs to be

2. Lack of defencive mindset in our midfield group, particularly at the clearance level when it's clear we need to get the game on our terms. Yes, we are good enough to win the ball ourselves but when the opposition has its tail up stifling them should be the first and foremost concern at the coal face. When you're not having it on your terms at the centre bounce kill the contest, let players roll in to support at the next one. Again, something the players should do automatically

3. Outside of the 2009 preliminary final I've been pretty pragmatic towards umpiring as a football watcher, but the non-payment of the free against Harris Andrews directly in front broke me and I'll struggle with it. It was a huge moment in the game exacerbated by our midfield not being accountable, but kicking a goal at that time would have made a huge difference to the nature of the second quarter. Obvious, and disgraceful omission