Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers & Anchors: Rnd 11, 2020 vs Brisbane Lions

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Because it has nothing to do with the game and adds nothing to the conversation. If you have a problem with the posting in the game day thread, take it up with GVG or moderators rather than virtue signaling in a thread where anchors are defined as:

The Anchors = 3 guys/aspects of the game that weighed us down by their errors or poor play
    If I have a problem, I won't read it in the future and that is what I am saying.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

1. Macrae - superb. Needs to be made VC immediately just for some recognition of being the ultimate professional and role model for younger players.

2. Caleb Daniel- we need him everywhere on the field.

3. Wallis- Showing others that have been gifted with more speed, height and more athletic ability how to play forward. A position he is relatively new to.

Anchors

1. Richards- the biggest tease in our side. He looks like he's ready to be great at the top level and then he kicks the ball. His disposal is diabolical atm. I'm sure he's not watching the ball onto his foot, he can't be!

2. English- does he need a week off? Is he just out of form? Whatever it is he needs to be dropped or a cracker put up his backside. Soundly beaten by their backup ruck. We needed first use or at least deny them of first use and half the contest. English was no good last night.

3. That non free kick for the Harris Andrews throw. It was clear as day. All 3 *!*!*!*!en umpires failed to call it. Ball goes up the other end and BS free is paid to Hipwood. Did it change the result? Probably not but it certainly gave Brisbane huge rolling momentum
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers:

Macrae - Got us going in the first quarter and maintained a good level throughout.
    Bont - Again when moved out of the middle we lost the game. Good game otherwise.
    Hard to find a Third. I guess Wallis' start was a highlight.

Anchors:

Bevo - Didn't make a move during the second quarter to stop the rot. Had Bont forward while it all fell apart. Surely Naughton (who hadn't touched it) could have gone back seeing as Bont was playing deep forward. Starts us behind the 8-ball weekly with selection. Bereft of answers on game day once 'Plan A' isn't going well.

English - his worst game in a while. Couldn't influence in the ruck and was really fumbly and unsure around the ground.

Gardner - feel for him. Is not equipped to be playing AFL football at this stage and has been thrown to the wolves. Doesn't know what to do in a contest, and so he holds. The fact that he is being played as a tall defender in preference to Young & Trengove suggests that its time for new voices in the coaches box and match committee who will challenge Bevo on bizarre selections.

4. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers:

The Forward Line - The forward group has deservedly been under fire for most of the season but I thought they did fairly well considering what they had to work with. Some of the delivery was once again dubious but they generally made the most of their opportunities and kicked straight for a change.

Macrae & Bont - 70 possessions and used it well.

Vandermeer - used his speed to good effect and was much cleaner with his disposals than has been the case previously. Whoever on here said he wasn't quick needs to give themselves an anchor.

Anchor:

The midfield aside from Macrae and Bont - minimal impact from the other mids and as a collective were powerless to stop Brisbane for all of the 2nd and parts of the 1st and 3rd. Hopefully Dunkley can recapture some form soon and an 8 day break can refresh Smith and Libba.

The backline - in contrast to the forwardline have generally performed admirably this year. They were horribly panicky under the high ball against a Brisbane side without a topline aerial threat. I can barely recall an intercept mark and there was some awful disposals coming out of defence. The midfield didn't do them any favours at times but I still thought it was a sub par performance.

Wood & JJ - the two most experienced members of our backline must cut out the fumbles and poor disposal, it is dispiriting for the whole team (well it is for me at least).