Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
    Post Thanks / Like

The Moment: Rnd 11, 2020 vs Brisbane Lions

The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in today's game against Brisbane. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.'

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Rnd 11, 2020 vs Brisbane Lions

The missed incorrect disposal call. Brisbane went up the other end and scored. We would have been within a goal at that stage if this call was in our favour.

3. Likes chef, Mutz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

McGluggage goal. Got out the offensive side of a stoppage on their half forward line and kicked and easy goal inside 50m. So undisciplined by our mids. From there they kicked two more goals form centre square clearances without us touching it. Game over.

Post Thanks / Like

The whole holding the ball rule sums up 2020

6. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    The whole holding the ball rule sums up 2020
    Yep it has to come under the microscope.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Lipinski shooting for goal kicks into the man on the mark. Soon after he goes to ground in defence, loses the ball and Brisbane score. 2 goal turn around at a critical time of the game. Very costly and just not good enough.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, the play when Lipinski went to ground under no real pressure that resulted in a McLuggage goal in the 2nd qtr.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure this is 100% the angle for this thread - but the play on call when Birchall was tackled in our F50 almost sent the phone through the TV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Lipinski shooting for goal kicks into the man on the mark. Soon after he goes to ground in defence, loses the ball and Brisbane score. 2 goal turn around at a critical time of the game. Very costly and just not good enough.
    It’s only a 2 goal turnaround if you assume Lipinski would have kicked the goal. I don’t think he had the leg for that shot, and either did he, which is partially why he went on the arc and got too close to the man on the mark. True that a deep forward entry likely would have resulted in something better than his kick into the man on the mark which was a worst case scenario.

12. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah NGL lost my shit when they parlayed that missed HTB into that garbage free against Gardner. Scared the hell out of my dog.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    It’s only a 2 goal turnaround if you assume Lipinski would have kicked the goal. I don’t think he had the leg for that shot, and either did he, which is partially why he went on the arc and got too close to the man on the mark. True that a deep forward entry likely would have resulted in something better than his kick into the man on the mark which was a worst case scenario.
    Sadly a deep forward entry would have resulted in:
    A: An uncontested mark to Brisbane; or
    B: English or Bruce spoiling Naughton, or some combination of that sort; or
    C: A contested ball spilt to the ground that we have no crumbers ready for and Brisbane simply walk it out of defence, chip it up the ground and score anyway.

6 point turnaround no matter how you look at it.

There are sadly no single moments in our games. Just lots and lots of mistakes and lack of discipline all over the place.