Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  39
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Things need to change from the top down

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I am including the rookies as they their contracts all expire. For all intent and purpose they are senior listed players (other than salary cap).
    They do have different rules don't they? Like how long you can keep them?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

On the coaching side would Gary Ayres be worth a look as senior assistant or would he be to strong a personality to work along side Bevo.
    The reason for Ayres is he's worked under some big name coaches and knows what it takes to win a flag both on and off the field.
    The only worry would be that he would be looking at getting the top job and work to undermine Bevo.
    But this could happen with any big name you brought in.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    On the coaching side would Gary Ayres be worth a look as senior assistant or would he be to strong a personality to work along side Bevo.
    The reason for Ayres is he's worked under some big name coaches and knows what it takes to win a flag both on and off the field.
    The only worry would be that he would be looking at getting the top job and work to undermine Bevo.
    Good suggestion, but my only worry is he has been at VFL level for a very long time and may not be up with the way AFL is played now? or am I thinking the wrong way? He would be a kind of father figure as well as he is getting on in years, (a good thing) or someone to bounce ideas off.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    They do have different rules don't they? Like how long you can keep them?
    They do. You need to upgrade or move on. Not sure on exactly the rules around 3rd year rookies but I think all our listed rookies have been on the rookie list for 2 years minimum.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

They do. You need to upgrade or move on. Not sure on exactly the rules around 3rd year rookies but I think all our listed rookies have been on the rookie list for 2 years minimum.
    Except Roarke he has been on for ten years now

6. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I don't necessarily think Beveridge needs a senior assistant like Ayres or Worsfold what I think we need is fresh ideas.

Beveridge has been around the block before in both the real world and the footy world. It isn't like he is in his early 30's and still learning and needing guidance.

Post Thanks / Like

It’d be weird but Rodney Eade is the type of mind we need. Unfortunately I think Eade and Ayres have been out of the game too long and it’s past them. But we need someone with a good tactical mind. Honestly Monty was perfect. He knows his stuff and had a hard edge.

Post Thanks / Like

Good suggestion, but my only worry is he has been at VFL level for a very long time and may not be up with the way AFL is played now? or am I thinking the wrong way? He would be a kind of father figure as well as he is getting on in years, (a good thing) or someone to bounce ideas off.
    I just saw how old he is (same age as me so his a young fella). He may well be out of touch and also not interested but the age and experience might be something Bevo would respect if the dictator side of things are true.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't necessarily think Beveridge needs a senior assistant like Ayres or Worsfold what I think we need is fresh ideas.

Beveridge has been around the block before in both the real world and the footy world. It isn't like he is in his early 30's and still learning and needing guidance.
    Maybe a Hodge type, someone that has come from a successful team and just recently retired.

I actually don't want any ex Bulldogs back, like a Matthew Boyd, I want some one from say a Richmond, WestCoast who have recently won premierships.

11. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe a Hodge type, someone that has come from a successful team and just recently retired.

I actually don't want any ex Bulldogs back, like a Matthew Boyd, I want some one from say a Richmond, WestCoast who have recently won premierships.
    I like the idea of Hodge. I wonder what sort of impact Roughead has had at the saints in the capacity he is in ?
    I reckon Burgoyne would have a good footy brain too regarding expectations on mids.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    It’d be weird but Rodney Eade is the type of mind we need. Unfortunately I think Eade and Ayres have been out of the game too long and it’s past them. But we need someone with a good tactical mind. Honestly Monty was perfect. He knows his stuff and had a hard edge.
    What would Montgomery know? He is only in charge of the ladder leaders defense which has coincided only 557 points and he is known to leave no stone un-turned in his preparation.

Post Thanks / Like

That fair enough and I suppose its more on the others being so called yes men if in fact that is true.
    Its always going to hard looking from the outside in. I do miss Monty as I was when your on a good thing stick to it.
    But even if Monty was still there who to say things would be any better.

Post Thanks / Like

How close did Monty get to the big job ?
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, that type would be good. Another poster mentioned Nick Riewoldt also or what about Brendan Goddard?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    I like the idea of Hodge. I wonder what sort of impact Roughead has had at the saints in the capacity he is in ?
    I reckon Burgoyne would have a good footy brain too regarding expectations on mids.
    Roughead has been working from home and yes using Zoom on match day to be there. His wife had a baby and he didn't travel up to Noosa to the hub.

Burgoyne could be ideal to replace our mids coach.

Whatever we say, we do need a refresh in the ranks and perhaps a clear out, but no way Bevo should go.