Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 16 of 263 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I guess can we blame him if he wants a fresh start after the way hes been *!*!*!*!ed over as a make shift ruckman.

Ill be pointing the finger squarely at Bevo if we lose Dunkley because he was *!*!*!*!ing forced to ruck. Worst decision we made all year and I said it from the first time it happened, that this should NOT be happening.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Herald Sun on Twitter reporting that Dunkley is interested.

Because it's in the Herald Sun take it as a lock that he's not going anywhere.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t think Dunkley will go anywhere but if he left because he had a few runs in the ruck then good riddance. I would be shocked if it had any influence at all.

With no viable back up I think most people who have been in similar scenarios can see what Bevo was trying to do. Unlikely that the players were not aware and on board with it in my view.

4. Likes jeemak, dadsgirl16, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    I don’t think Dunkley will go anywhere but if he left because he had a few runs in the ruck then good riddance. I would be shocked if it had any influence at all.

With no viable back up I think most people who have been in similar scenarios can see what Bevo was trying to do. Unlikely that the players were not aware and on board with it in my view.
    Good Post DT and I fully agree.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

They've already got an inside bull, Jesse Stringer I think is his name, so we shouldn't discount that maybe he's being considered as a ruck prospect.
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 23-10-2020 at 06:14 PM.

7. Likes EasternWest, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Though you wouldn't blame Dunkley for being interested if he's being offered that much, if he legitimately wanted to go, what does it say about our club? Where are we going?

Dunkleys playing style is replaceable but his importance within the group isn't. 23, leader, premiership player, AA inside bull, coming into his prime etc etc.

I support the club not the individual, but losing Dunkley would make me well and truly lose faith in this football club. Geelong/Hawks and to a lesser degree Tigers/Pies all kept their players at reduced rates during their contending/premiership years, yet we've had an exodus and if Dunks wants to go, it's pretty damaging to our brand.

9. Likes Max469, The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Though you wouldn't blame Dunkley for being interested if he's being offered that much, if he legitimately wanted to go, what does it say about our club? Where are we going?

Dunkleys playing style is replaceable but his importance within the group isn't. 23, leader, premiership player, AA inside bull, coming into his prime etc etc.

I support the club not the individual, but losing Dunkley would make me well and truly lose faith in this football club. Geelong/Hawks and to a lesser degree Tigers/Pies all kept their players at reduced rates during their contending/premiership years, yet we've had an exodus and if Dunks wants to go, it's pretty damaging to our brand.
    4 players over 4 years is hardly an exodus. The rest retired or delisted?

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    4 players over 4 years is hardly an exodus. The rest retired or delisted?
    Or just didnt have the hunger anymore
    The curse is dead.

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see what Esserden can offer us, but it's up to them to figure that part out. My guess is they'll low ball the trade and run a campaign in the media focusing on how cruel we are. Dunkley will stay at the Bulldogs and it will be a bit awkward for a while and then it will be OK.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

He's contracted until the end of 2022, there is nothing to see and this one will fizzle out soon enough
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

16. Likes Bulldog Revolution, bornadog, mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    If they're willing to pay him that, have to say he would mad not to take it.
    Couldn't knock back that coin as he would get nowhere near $950k a year in his next contract with us. I thought they needed players who could use the ball.

Post Thanks / Like

2 more seasons to play out under contract and Dunks doesn’t want to go to Essendon

19. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    2 more seasons to play out under contract and Dunks doesn’t want to go to Essendon
    BR, has this been confirmed today?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    BR, has this been confirmed today?
    The Bont said he is going nowhere.

22. Likes MrMahatma, Bulldog4life liked this post