Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
    Little Pissy Pants Tom Brown says Dunkley is absolutely Shattered he wasn’t traded.
    Playing Essington's dutiful errand boy to the bitter, fruitless end. You'd hope Dodo sent Tommy a bouquet for his efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Yes Dunkley is hardly the victim here (not saying he is trying to be).
    The true victims are the tormented Essington faithful. Long may Dodo reign.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

May not mean anything to anyone else but if Dodo really wanted Josh then why did he not offer up their first pick? Pick 6 was in their pocket & it wouldn't have made a difference but to me the audacity to think 'we'll get Dunkley & we won't even have to use our best pick' just shows the arrogance of this filth.

I love the fact Essendon has been our bitch for a few years now & hoping we will bend them over next year also. Would be a nice cherry on top if Dunks was BOG.

3. Likes bulldogtragic, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Little Pissy Pants Tom Brown says Dunkley is absolutely Shattered he wasn’t traded.
    That’s quite hilarious . So a bloke who signed a three year agreement just last year is shattered he isn’t being traded ?
    Yet Treloar is shattered he was !
    I’m sure Dunkley was told by the club what would get him traded and he fully understood the whole deal.
    Hardly be shattered.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Looking forward to hearing what Dunks has to say. No doubt there will be disappointment the trade did not go ahead but think he is professional enough to put this behind him and make the most of his opportunities.
    I personally don't care what Dunks has to say. He was contracted. He wasn't complaining when we offered him a deal 12 months ago. We have no obligation to Dunks to trade him if he is contracted nor do we have any obligation to Dunks to offer him more midfield time, or more money. He is part of a team. A team that was there before he arrived and one that will be there long after he has gone. In the end he put his eggs into the Essendon basket, a team notorious for being difficult to trade with one with a dubious culture. Doesn't scream team player.

6. Likes macca, G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

“Shattered”? I’m really disappointed if Josh Dunkley is letting this perception of his reaction keep running.

In a pandemic - which like all the AFL players he was largely insulated from - he was lucky enough to get an offer to dramatically increase his salary, which is already what the rest of us only dream of, let alone the average 23 yr old. It didn’t come off...I guess because, you know, CONTRACT. Players really lack perspective on life’s realities.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Was listening to Pickering being interviewed SEN a little earlier.

Mentioned how he caught up with Dunkley for lunch. Reckons Dunks is pretty flat after the trade fell through. Actually he mentioned that a couple of times. Pickering thought that Essendon’s offer was fair but mentioned that it was the Dogs prerogative to hold firm.
    I wonder how flat Pickering was as well realising the big bucks he himself would be missing out on without any consideration of breaking a player contract

9. Likes WBFC4FFC, GVGjr, bornadog, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The club does need to put its arms around Josh now.

Of course he'd be flat now. He's told his 'band of brothers' he's out...and wasn't allowed to leave.
    There's a whole lot of mental anguish he's dealing with and stress, not least of which would be 'how awkward is it going to be fronting up to these blokes when I head back to work.'

We need to manage this well. How well all parties respond will determine if Josh requests a move again in 1 yr or maybe re-ups for a long term deal.

11. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    I love the fact Essendon has been our bitch for a few years now & hoping we will bend them over next year also. Would be a nice cherry on top if Dunks was BOG.
    According to a few Essington supporters they've let us win the last couple of games for some devious reason. It's all part of some grand plan and soon we will all be thinking "oh my god, we didn't see that one coming, theyve sucked us in good and proper"

The level of delusional thinking is strong with that lot.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    I wonder how flat Pickering was as well realising the big bucks he himself would be missing out on without any consideration of breaking a player contract
    If I were Dunks I'd be asking Pickering some difficult questions like "exactly what value are you providing me? Advice? Nah mate, coming out and asking for a transfer was dud advice. Negotiation? Nah mate, exactly what did you negotiate with Dodoro? Career advancement? Nah mate, I'm further behind the 8-ball now than I was 6 weeks ago. Money? Nah mate, YOU saw the dollar signs and saw me as an early payday. I'm thinking that maybe you need to take your management company and pop it up where the sun doesn't shine. I'm signing with a new management company and if you send me a bill I'll come around with dad and Kyle and pay it in person"
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Yeah I saw that on C7 news along with the graphic of the deal up on screen.

What part of "two first round picks" is he failing to get through his massive, thick, punchable head? This is not our mess and the narrative that we are somehow the bad guys because we stood up to Essendon is not going to fly.
    You mean the bloke that kept reporting how he was getting strong indications that it would happen.

Tom Browne
    @TomBrowne7
    Re Essendon / Dunkley. I’m getting renewed indications it will happen for a first round pick. I’m not willing to second guess the dogs, they seem steadfast it’s not on. But ive been told again Dunkley wants to go, and has told the dogs, including the coach
    This tweet aged well

15. Likes Doggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    If I were Dunks I'd be asking Pickering some difficult questions like "exactly what value are you providing me? Advice? Nah mate, coming out and asking for a transfer was dud advice. Negotiation? Nah mate, exactly what did you negotiate with Dodoro? Career advancement? Nah mate, I'm further behind the 8-ball now than I was 6 weeks ago. Money? Nah mate, YOU saw the dollar signs and saw me as an early payday. I'm thinking that maybe you need to take your management company and pop it up where the sun doesn't shine. I'm signing with a new management company and if you send me a bill I'll come around with dad and Kyle and pay it in person"
    By which he would mean forcing Pickering to sit down and making him read the Dunkley kids blog.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

17. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    By which he would mean forcing Pickering to sit down and making him read the Dunkley kids blog.
    That blog is very cool, hope they keep updating it.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

After some time away from footy media, I’ve decided to become ambivalent on Barrett. He’s at least occasionally right and has some sources, just not at our club. On the other hand, I’m actually somewhat surprised Browne has a job. I mean he’s just terrible at guessing things. His guesses just aren’t getting better. He clearly doesn’t have actual sources. They’d have to anonymous Twitter handles run by 12 year olds that guess better than him. I have really enjoyed blocking his existence from my mind. It’s surprisingly easy to do. Is it too much to ask that a billion dollar industry have professionals around it. Don’t worry, it’s rhetorical.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

20. Likes Sedat, chef, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Spot on NBP. These managers should be advising players properly and not trying to constantly get them big contracts to fill their own pockets. Dunkley on a two year contract , happy as Larry in the Hub, and Pickering meantime planning with Dodo to make a huge offer and getting in Dunkley's ear.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

22. Likes Nuggety Back Pocket liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I personally don't care what Dunks has to say. He was contracted. He wasn't complaining when we offered him a deal 12 months ago. We have no obligation to Dunks to trade him if he is contracted nor do we have any obligation to Dunks to offer him more midfield time, or more money. He is part of a team. A team that was there before he arrived and one that will be there long after he has gone. In the end he put his eggs into the Essendon basket, a team notorious for being difficult to trade with one with a dubious culture. Doesn't scream team player.
    Agree wholeheartedly with what you are saying but I find the individual psyche fascinating and am keen to hear his thought processes and rationale behind his decision making. What, if any, are the issues with his current employer? Are the issues from an individual perspective or are there others with a similar view (highly unlikely)? Is money the main motivating factor behind your decision? How well are you being informed by your management team and those around you? These are more than likely questions that will remain unanswered but for mine it tells the story. Look in the scheme of things all I really care about is that when he dons our guernsey he gives it his all. I wonder if he has lost his passion for the RWB? I am probably analysing this way too deeply but find it fascinating to know.