Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  12
    Post Thanks / Like

AFLW Round 9 Western Bulldogs v West Coast

Mineral Resources Park - WA

Saturday October 22 -5.10pm
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54, 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFLW Round 9 Western Bulldogs v West Coast

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Mineral Resources Park - WA

Saturday October 22 -5.10pm
    Mineral Resources Park? Gina Rinehart showing imagination.

Post Thanks / Like

Kirsten McLeod is back after 575 days away.

5. Thanks josie, BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog4life, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Heartbreaking stuff, McLeod is out of the game basically after her first contest with an ankle injury.

7. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That was the worst umpiring I have seen in the AFLW and that says a lot. Moody had every right to give that umpire a mouthful and not rewarded for tackles that are letter box incorrect disposal does nothing but get the players frustrated.
    Good win by the Dogs with Hartwig, Berry and Lamb having very good games.
    I would like to see Fitzgerald do a bit more as she defiantly looks a players with skills and maybe fitness might be holding her back.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

9. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

was out during the game today, went to watch the replay and the geniuses at Kayo have opted to put the final score at the top of the games’ menu page. Why would anyone ever need to know the final score of a game they’re about to watch.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    was out during the game today, went to watch the replay and the geniuses at Kayo have opted to put the final score at the top of the games’ menu page. Why would anyone ever need to know the final score of a game they’re about to watch.
    Unbelievable. I watched the replay too. Missed that, thank goodness. There was a delay in replay though. I received error message and a bit later tried logging out & in it worked.

Sad about MacLeod, hoping it’s not serious.

Good win, albeit against one of the lower performing sides. Looking forward to supporting the team live next Friday at princes park.

12. Likes whythelongface liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Solid win with some pretty impressive individual performances. Thought Moody was excellent, Berry did some nice things and gains in influence, Hartwig was dangerous around goal, Issy Grant is better every week and I love the ball in Pritchard's hands. Highlight was Elsa Brown's first goal and the smile she had all the way back to the middle.
    Feel we're still very susceptible to teams with leg speed that move the ball quickly. Aside from a few like Wilcox and Georgostathis (who has gone up a level) we don't have a lot of leg speed.
    Have to do something pretty wrong next week to miss finals so credit to Burkey and the team. Despite the losses of players each off season the development and improvement continues.

14. Thanks Bulldog4life, BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Likes josie, jazzadogs, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy watching our girls play. The tackling is always intense and the improvement of most players is noticeable. When you take into account the players we have lost over the journey club and coaches have done well.

16. Likes josie, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched the game on Fox, live yesterday. I was impressed with the fact that there was almost always a "get out" handball option. And that we now have players repeatedly running a hundred metres in the hope of providing a target by hand or foot. Gut running is a very underrated part of the modern game, even (or particularly) when it's not always rewarded.

I must remember to keep an eye on the AFLW jumper auction, which closes today.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

18. Thanks Rocco Jones thanked for this post
    Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post

I must remember to keep an eye on the AFLW jumper auction, which closes today.
    I went along.

Those must be the WORST Bulldogs jumpers ever worn. I imagine it's a reverse auction where the club pays the people to take them away???

Why - when we have such a great jumper - do we wear stuff like this? Sorry, I just HATED it.

We won. The game sucked (sorry but it did). The umpiring was mystifying to the point where I thought they were awarding free kicks based on the messages in the headset...and the messages were being issued by someone watching a different game.

What do you do? There are too many teams in the AFLW, but I am a sucker...I turned on Hawks/Brions when I got home and that was worse, then they interviewed a Hawks player who said it was all about 'pressure at the contest'? LOL. Really? You're getting killed on the outside by a team holding its structure but clearly increasing the hunt/upping the tackle pressure is the key....R-I-G-H-T.

Back to us, Jeanette54's point about our girls holding space outside the contest was well made and ultimately the difference in the game.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I went along.

Those must be the WORST Bulldogs jumpers ever worn. I imagine it's a reverse auction where the club pays the people to take them away???

Why - when we have such a great jumper - do we wear stuff like this? Sorry, I just HATED it.

We won. The game sucked (sorry but it did). The umpiring was mystifying to the point where I thought they were awarding free kicks based on the messages in the headset...and the messages were being issued by someone watching a different game.

What do you do? There are too many teams in the AFLW, but I am a sucker...I turned on Hawks/Brions when I got home and that was worse, then they interviewed a Hawks player who said it was all about 'pressure at the contest'? LOL. Really? You're getting killed on the outside by a team holding its structure but clearly increasing the hunt/upping the tackle pressure is the key....R-I-G-H-T.

Back to us, Jeanette54's point about our girls holding space outside the contest was well made and ultimately the difference in the game.
    I don’t think anyone is going to argue that the introduction of 18 teams was fast tracked to the detriment of the competition. The AFL wanted all teams to be represented and damn the on field results. There’s definitely more talent and if it was spread across 12 teams, the level would likely be pretty good.

21. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I don’t think anyone is going to argue that the introduction of 18 teams was fast tracked to the detriment of the competition. The AFL wanted all teams to be represented and damn the on field results. There’s definitely more talent and if it was spread across 12 teams, the level would likely be pretty good.
    We also have a young team and provided we can keep them together we should see an improvement year on year.

23. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Feel we're still very susceptible to teams with leg speed that move the ball quickly. Aside from a few like Wilcox and Georgostathis (who has gone up a level) we don't have a lot of leg speed.
    It's weird, we play the game fast and move the ball quickly but our team itself is fairly slow. Hopefully next draft or trade period we can address the pace issue.