Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 54 of 263 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I renew my call for a Twitter or whatever account that tracks all of the “leads” each journalist reports and then revisits them post-trade/draft.

While there is no accountability there will be endless sensationalist claims (some trawled up from forums). There are around the clock streams, radio etc with two trades going down a day- there was more meat on the bone in those gym mats they ground up in the school cafeteria on the Simpsons.

So what do people predict next in the Dunkley saga? Had a fallout with Bont? Wants captaincy? Floors aren’t spongey enough?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I call this as garbage designed to unsettle the club.

These so called journalists can say anything and if the club comes out with a denial they just give it more air.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Funny how this is only now coming out. Like they’ve gotten sick of saying the usual garbage of he doesn’t like playing ruck.
    Yep. I'm very, very sceptical that stuff is being made up to fit the narrative of what some sewer rat journos want to be true. I'd be careful with what I believe before I start to speculate about problems in the playing group.

It's like their first few grenades didn't lob so they've moved onto the next thing.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

5. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    This is the most important thing written on the forum recently. It sums up all that has been wrong with the Dogs for years.

Why not???

Even after winning a premiership quality players don’t see going to the Dogs as a career move. Why is that?

Could it be watching the premiership group disintegrate, so many discarded or going to play elsewhere?

Could it be seeing those who did come to the club treated poorly or have terrible seasons?

Could it be a failed game strategy where they perceive pressure to do things differently?

The club must address the way they are viewed in the wider football community, then they might see a genuine way forward.
    It's always been like this and is always the way for the smaller fan-based working class club. It's also what is great about us so it's a strange dichotomy.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

These journalists are so *!*!*!*!ing full of shit I don’t even know where to begin.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    These journalists are so *!*!*!*!ing full of shit I don’t even know where to begin.
    Just look at the shit written by Edmunds about Treloar - Bucks lost it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    I don't know if he counts as a journalist but Tony Sheahan was a great example of this today.

He posted a tweet saying something along the lines of "Corr to North not done yet. He's considering other options and may end up elsewhere". Literally an hour before that tweet Corr himself was on SEN talking about how excited he was to be going to North and that he hadn't really considered any other clubs offers and couldn't wait to get started.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    My gut reaction says "Libba", but given how good he was this year and how fit he looked I can't really reconcile that.

Who could it be then (if true, if course).
    Johnno plucked some names out, Libba was one of them

Interesting, first time reported like that, was thinking there had to be more to the story, who are the culprits though? Libba the obvious one, but has done super to get his body back? Can't think of anyone else obvious? Gowers? should be gone anyway
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

If Dunks is concerned about the work rate of guys like Libba then why in the world would he want to go to Essendon and be reunited with Stringer?

15. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I call this as garbage designed to unsettle the club.

These so called journalists can say anything and if the club comes out with a denial they just give it more air.
    Absolutely. This is the last gasp.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I watched the trade show on Fox for the first time tonight and they didn’t give one bit of information that was from any club, all
    They do is sit around a table making up rumours then discuss it like it’s fact.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Here's something completely wild.

If Dunkley is in the leadership group and is worried about the culture of some players, what type of leader is he if his first reaction as a formalised leader is to cut and run?

Money and gifted list spots for family members aside, shouldn't it be up to him and the other playing leaders at the club to enforce standards? Isn't that what good leaders do? You know, bring players on the journey with them?

It's been really clear we lack solid on ground leadership, perhaps if Dunkley can't be bothered doing all he can to turn it around then he can bugger off and we can find a real leader who will.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Ah well he's definitely going then. I remember being in Geelong when all these 'I love Thommo' Gablett articles started to come out. A few months later he was a wearing the Twisties colours. When players start idolising the coach too much something is up!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    As an outsider, I think you could look at some of our older and more experienced players (mostly traded in) and question how hard they might be working.

You could also look at the players who struggled for a game this year - Schache, Le Young, Trengove - and question how hard they were working on building their fitness.

I think we really miss a Cross/Boyd/Morris pacesetter in terms of work effort. Bont and Dunks are amongst many who we see on social media doing the work off-field, and we saw Baileys Smith and Williams improve based on their work effort. But is there that authoritative respected 'elder statesman' who sets the tone for the young boys? Is Easton that man? Is it up to Mitch and Libba?

I think it's almost definitely made up crap from the media, but it's not a long bow for them to be drawing.
    Or you could look to your younger guys to set the pace. Dunks is 23. That is getting to middle age for a footballer. If he isn't capable of setting a tone then moving to another club isn't going to change that. Personally I think its crap....though yes there will be some guys who just try to coast on talent......you will get that everywhere and in every sport.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Here's something completely wild.

If Dunkley is in the leadership group and is worried about the culture of some players, what type of leader is he if his first reaction as a formalised leader is to cut and run?

Money and gifted list spots for family members aside, shouldn't it be up to him and the other playing leaders at the club to enforce standards? Isn't that what good leaders do? You know, bring players on the journey with them?

It's been really clear we lack solid on ground leadership, perhaps if Dunkley can't be bothered doing all he can to turn it around then he can bugger off and we can find a real leader who will.
    I think you're just covering your tracks.
    "It's over. It's all over."

22. Likes jeemak liked this post