Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 91 of 263 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 3937

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

AFL.com has a more reasonable take on the situation

"The premiership Bulldog wants to go to Essendon but given he has two years left on his contract the Bombers will need to present a deal that gets the Dogs interested. Early picks aren't a must-have for the Dogs given their Academy gun Jamarra Ugle-Hagan coming through, but two first-round picks appear the likely starting point to prise the ball-winner out of Whitten Oval. The Bombers currently hold picks No.6 and 7 and are targeting pick No.8 for Adam Saad. The Dunkley deal will go down to the wire given the Dogs are happy to have him back in 2021, despite his trade request."

Doesn't suggest a straight swap for 8 is fine for us and acknowledges that the trade getting done isn't a fait accompli

2. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC, Topdog, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    AFL.com has a more reasonable take on the situation

"The premiership Bulldog wants to go to Essendon but given he has two years left on his contract the Bombers will need to present a deal that gets the Dogs interested. Early picks aren't a must-have for the Dogs given their Academy gun Jamarra Ugle-Hagan coming through, but two first-round picks appear the likely starting point to prise the ball-winner out of Whitten Oval. The Bombers currently hold picks No.6 and 7 and are targeting pick No.8 for Adam Saad. The Dunkley deal will go down to the wire given the Dogs are happy to have him back in 2021, despite his trade request."

Doesn't suggest a straight swap for 8 is fine for us and acknowledges that the trade getting done isn't a fait accompli
    Carlton are asking for a future 2nd round back from Essendon for their pick 8 and Saad, but Dons will only give a 4th round back as they want that future 2nd as part of Caldwell deal. This is holding a few trades up.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Hurley is too short to take modern no 1 KPFs. He's Bont's height, no chance he stands the 200cm, monsters roaming aroudn forwardlines these days. Reeks of an Essendon salary dump.
    I don't think his height has ever been a problem for him and the modern forwards (King) haven't really developed yet. I tend to think it's a furphy. He's played and performed well over the years against the likes of Kennedy and Hawkins etc and they are in the main the same opponents he faces now.
    It's his deteriorating athleticism and mounting injuries that has been his challenge. When he was at his best being 192cm tall was never a problem for him in fact we weren't concerned about his height just 4 years back

I don't want him because he's been in a poor performing team for far too long and his best football is long behind him. Plus for me there is a healthy level of spite to reject the guy now that rejected us when we had just won a flag

He would just get in the way of Lewis Young and I think Trengove offers more than Hurley right now anyway.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

5. Likes Bulldog Revolution, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Can we be linked to a single player who might actually improve us and whose currently club is completely unconcerned about the prospect of losing?

Hannan is the closest thing to a required player we have targeted and he is a fringe forward at bloody Melbourne.
    Well Treloar seems to be that player.

Hannan doesn’t excite me but I suppose he adds depth to our forward structure. Glad we have made it clear that Lonie offers no interest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Ridley, Draper or Tippa are the only 3 I'd consider from Essendon.
    I'm not even sure Ridley is worth considering is he? He has had one great year as an intercept defender.

I'd argue when allowed to play as an intercept defender Keith is at Ridley's level and Crozier is a rung below.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I'm not even sure Ridley is worth considering is he? He has had one great year as an intercept defender.

I'd argue when allowed to play as an intercept defender Keith is at Ridley's level and Crozier is a rung below.
    He's only had the one stand out season but it was a verrry good season. His reading of the play and marking ability is pretty freaky and mquite a few levels beyond Keath and Crozier, IMO (and he's only going to improve).
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

9. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's only had the one stand out season but it was a verrry good season. His reading of the play and marking ability is pretty freaky and mquite a few levels beyond Keath and Crozier, IMO (and he's only going to improve).
    Like Lewis Young for us a few years ago?

Post Thanks / Like

The social media scuttlebutt is that Hurley is being put up as part of the Dunkley trade.

Please, no. He had his chance to join us and stiffed us at the last moment. Hurley can get stuffed.
    Hurley these days would be hard pressed to even reach a classification of steak knives, maybe closer to a plastic stirring spoon from Maccas, but then even that adds some value.

12. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Like Lewis Young for us a few years ago?
    I like Lewy but Ridley is miles ahead.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Ridley's awesome but there is less than zero chance they give him up, and while he would be our best interceptor it isn't exactly a position of need for us. Draper is the one we need to be targeting.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon supporters seem to think they have three "untouchables" Ridley, Draper and Mcgrath. Might be a bit late to ask for players who would be happy to move to us that aren't cooked/on massive contracts (rules out Hurley & Hooker).

Given Dunkley is contracted we should ask for something ridiculous - first, future first and some late picks for points this year.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I've got acquaintances who are Essendon fans and they are convinced they are paying overs by trading a first round pick + a second round pick, and that we should take into account JUH is the best player in the draft.

That's not a lie, either.

I hope they never win another *!*!*!*!ing final in my lifetime.

17. Likes bornadog, WBFC4FFC, 1eyedog, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish Tippa was still 25 he would be electric in our forwardline.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    I wish Tippa was still 25 he would be electric in our forwardline.
    Not much older at 27?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Not much older at 27?
    Yeah 28 when the season starts I just worry when small forwards lose their speed at the backend of their career.

I rate him though, we don't have a player anywhere near like him on the list, the challenge will be that DODO will overrate his value in any deal to be had.