Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 93 of 263 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 3937

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    Quite simply if the injectors want Dunkley they have until end of business tomorrow to present to Sam Power what they are prepared to offer to prize him out of a two year comittment. If that doesn't satisfy our decision makers then Essendon should be told to bugger off as we have other business to attend to. Apparently they are yet to formally present an offer as to what they are willing to part with which is par for the course with these arse clowns who make a play for everyone and drag everything out until the last minute. Pay up or piss off would be my ultimatum to the Dodo.
    This was pretty much their MO with stringer. Destabilise the player through the media. Get the player to request a trade and then offer nothing until the death when some steak knives are offered.

Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree with your sentiments folks.

This will probably do stuff all - but I just sent email to the club (asking them to forward it to correct team) expressing my thoughts we should not cave in. I'm hoping think Sam Power will hold firm. (I have a lot more confidence after his form getting Keath at last minute for good value last year, compared to prior years before he came on board).

People power sometimes does work. Why not inundate our club with similar emails? I said in my email Bombers should have to pay min 2 x top 10 or equivalent deal that suits us and is overs, or we should keep Dunks. Sydney did it with Papley - we can do it with Dunks.

Post Thanks / Like

Are the Dons, like last year the Swans with Papley waiting for the Saad deal to happen?

Post Thanks / Like

Now Jon Ralph says that our resistance to a Dunkley trade has "crumbled". Where do they get this stuff ?
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Are the Dons, like last year the Swans with Papley waiting for the Saad deal to happen?
    I think that is the deal that potentially kick starts others
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Who even is that? Kind of looks like some hybrid Cal Twoomey / Jason Akermanis
    From the Film, The Iceman
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think that is the deal that potentially kick starts others
    Agree, so in a sense as much as I agree it may be hard to create a deadline for them as there's so many moving parts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    Now Jon Ralph says that our resistance to a Dunkley trade has "crumbled". Where do they get this stuff ?
    one can only withstand the history and might of Essendon for so long!

How dare we try and hold on to something that is rightfully theirs.....

get effed

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently HS just reporting Power only entertaining way overs incl 2 first round draft picks. Look at Big Footy WB if you want to see article (unless you know how to overcome paywall). A bit about Treloar too.

Yes!! Hold firm Mr Power!!

Post Thanks / Like

Update by Jay Clark

The Western Bulldogs would prefer to keep midfield star Josh Dunkley than take a punt on Collingwood’s Adam Treloar amid unusual circumstances next season.

The Bulldogs are yet to speak to Treloar and will not consider releasing Dunkley to Essendon and trading for Treloar without his full commitment at the kennel for 2021 and beyond.

The Bombers have made a strong play for Dunkley, who wants to move to the Bombers to take on a frontline onball role for next season.

But the Bulldogs want to keep Dunkley and in any case cannot take Treloar without speaking to the midfield jet about his family circumstances and on-field role next season.

It is known the Bulldogs’ list manager Sam Power would only consider a trade proposal for Dunkley if it was outrageously over the odds, including two first-round draft picks.

Treloar’s wife, Australian netballer Kim Ravaillion, and their young child, will head to Queensland next year so she can play Super Netball for the Firebirds.

The developments mean on Monday night it remained more likely than not that Treloar would stay at Collingwood despite the Pies’ attempts to move him to clear salary cap space.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

12. Thanks bulldogsthru&thru, azabob, HOSE B ROMERO, josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh bloody hell. I knew Power would soften!

14. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting article - if true that we want Treloar to nominate us before we trade for him, what's the hold up? Wonder if we've told Adam we won't make it public unless we get a deal for Dunkley so that everybody saves face.

I feel for AT. Does he have to make up his mind to go to whoever will take him, hope somebody like us does, or somehow return to Collingwood?

He surely has plan a, b and C.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Interesting article - if true that we want Treloar to nominate us before we trade for him, what's the hold up? Wonder if we've told Adam we won't make it public unless we get a deal for Dunkley so that everybody saves face.

I feel for AT. Does he have to make up his mind to go to whoever will take him, hope somebody like us does, or somehow return to Collingwood?

He surely has plan a, b and C.
    I think we loose leverage with Essendon if we declare our hand too early with Treloar. You want them to pay overs and then hope Collingwood panic late on the Salary dump.We can wait right to the death on this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Oh bloody hell. I knew Power would soften!
    How do you get that?

“It is known the Bulldogs’ list manager Sam Power would only consider a trade proposal for Dunkley if it was outrageously over the odds, including two first-round draft picks”
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    How do you get that?

“It is known the Bulldogs’ list manager Sam Power would only consider a trade proposal for Dunkley if it was outrageously over the odds, including two first-round draft picks”
    I need a sarcastic emoji

19. Likes azabob, Twodogs, josie, hujsh liked this post