Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 94 of 263 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 3937

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I need a sarcastic emoji
    Oops. I clearly didn’t pick it up
    More of an In Bruges guy?

2. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Update by Jay Clark

The Western Bulldogs would prefer to keep midfield star Josh Dunkley than take a punt on Collingwood’s Adam Treloar amid unusual circumstances next season.

The Bulldogs are yet to speak to Treloar and will not consider releasing Dunkley to Essendon and trading for Treloar without his full commitment at the kennel for 2021 and beyond.

The Bombers have made a strong play for Dunkley, who wants to move to the Bombers to take on a frontline onball role for next season.

But the Bulldogs want to keep Dunkley and in any case cannot take Treloar without speaking to the midfield jet about his family circumstances and on-field role next season.

It is known the Bulldogs’ list manager Sam Power would only consider a trade proposal for Dunkley if it was outrageously over the odds, including two first-round draft picks.

Treloar’s wife, Australian netballer Kim Ravaillion, and their young child, will head to Queensland next year so she can play Super Netball for the Firebirds.

The developments mean on Monday night it remained more likely than not that Treloar would stay at Collingwood despite the Pies’ attempts to move him to clear salary cap space.
    There is no way we should go after Treloar based on this. You cannot have a situation where a player's personal life is torn across states.

Post Thanks / Like

So Essendon's Daniher compo and the Saad pick? What do we do with them? Treloar and someone else or will it be a future first?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    There is no way we should go after Treloar based on this. You cannot have a situation where a player's personal life is torn across states.
    Thanks Ed
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's say the trade was Dunkley for pick 7 and Mcdonald-Tipungwuti, and we on-traded 7 for Treloar and a hefty percentage of his salary, are we happy with that?

Dunkley for AMT and Treloar makes our side better IMO for the next two years at least - but is it enough of a 'win' for a guy who is contracted and only 23yo?

Post Thanks / Like

If AMT and Treloar get us to a top 4 position in the next two years then yes.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    So Essendon's Daniher compo and the Saad pick? What do we do with them? Treloar and someone else or will it be a future first?
    If that happens (get 7 & 8) we must surely go big for North’s Pick 2, 26 & 28.

Offer them 7, 8, 14, 54, Future Second & La Young

They then hold 4 Top 15 Picks: 7, 8, 11 & 14, 54, 63 plus Young et al

We hold more than enough points for JUH & have pick 2. We still have a future 1st to trade with.

*if* we got 7 & 8 for Dunkley, then Power is smart enough to jump ahead of the JUH bid, plunder the top 3 on draft night and have a future first for a ready made player such as Treloar or AMT (or both if either wanted a decent player of ours).

This could be such a defining trade period. Epic possibly.

(Edit: 26, 28 & 90 = 1,406 Points. Swap Adelaide: 33, 40, 50 & 56 = 1,459. Of course as we are ahead on draft points, there's no unofficial non bidding agreement... We help Adelaide to Picks 1, 9, 22, 23, 26, 28, 66, 80 & 90) (1,406 plus 412 from Pick 41 = 1,818 Draft Points easily covers JUH even if at Pick 3 which is 1,788 Draft Points after discount. Surplus or live trading can deal with MacPherson/Raak if wanted or needed. 5 spots need to be open, which isn't an issue either)
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 09-11-2020 at 11:07 PM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I might be reading this incorrectly but are we trying to make sure Treloar commits to us AND in doing so he puts a more realistic value on his services OR if he doesn't he can stay at Collingwood and sort out things with them
    If he commits to us with those conditions we might then be willing to listen to an offer for Dunkley
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I need a sarcastic emoji
    Like this one?

Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

11. Likes chef, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Oops. I clearly didn’t pick it up
    Neither did I. Too much Trump nonsense for me in last week methinks. Thx for clarification BT&T. Just please NO POSTs ALL IN CAPITALs OK!!

13. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If that happens (get 7 & 8) we must surely go big for North’s Pick 2, 26 & 28.

Offer them 7, 8, 14, 54, Future Second & La Young

They then hold 4 Top 15 Picks: 7, 8, 11 & 14, 54, 63 plus Young et al

We hold more than enough points for JUH & have pick 2. We still have a future 1st to trade with.

*if* we got 7 & 8 for Dunkley, then Power is smart enough to jump ahead of the JUH bid, plunder the top 3 on draft night and have a future first for a ready made player such as Treloar or AMT (or both if either wanted a decent player of ours).

This could be such a defining trade period. Epic possibly.
    BT, stop it!

Seriously, I am starting to view ending up with Dunkley as a loss!

Side note: I think I would still rather deal our #14 for Adelaide's 22 & 33 (1408 points) over North's 26 & 28 (1406 points) because it probably comes with a "don't take JUH at #1" handshake.

Can you imagine we did everything you outlined above and those pricks decide to make us use #2 on JUH?
    Last edited by The Adelaide Connection; 09-11-2020 at 11:24 PM.

15. Likes Doc26, azabob, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Like this one?

Is that what that is!

It is the silly season after all! I know this time of year brings about funny essenodonisms but I have been absolutely floored by the garbage put out by ALL media reporting on this Dunkley trade. Murdoch must honestly be an Essendon fan. I. Just. Don’t. Get it.

17. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I might be reading this incorrectly but are we trying to make sure Treloar commits to us AND in doing so he puts a more realistic value on his services OR if he doesn't he can stay at Collingwood and sort out things with them
    If he commits to us with those conditions we might then be willing to listen to an offer for Dunkley
    It really seemed like Power called out Treloar yesterday. Wouldn't be surprised to hear Treloar nominate us today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    Quite simply if the injectors want Dunkley they have until end of business tomorrow to present to Sam Power what they are prepared to offer to prize him out of a two year comittment. If that doesn't satisfy our decision makers then Essendon should be told to bugger off as we have other business to attend to. Apparently they are yet to formally present an offer as to what they are willing to part with which is par for the course with these arse clowns who make a play for everyone and drag everything out until the last minute. Pay up or piss off would be my ultimatum to the Dodo.
    Yep and if it is a player it has to be one in the same age bracket as Dunkley not 5 or 6 years older in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh bloody hell. I knew Power would soften!
    Don't think he has by that article.