Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 99 of 263 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 3937

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Small list without using notes.

Preuss.
    Cox.
    Ceglar.
    Ryder. Or Marshall - whoever you prefer.
    Take your pick out of Bellchambers or the kid everyone loves at Essendon whose name I forget. (Yes, Bellchambers gone now).
    Hickey.
    Vardy.
    McInerney
    Ladhams. Or Lycett - whoever you prefer.
    With more than 5 secs I could go on...but backup ruckman use up an extraordinary amount of cap space for a lot of clubs.
    Hickey and Vardy both on 700k or near to it? Ok.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Small list without using notes.

Preuss.
    Cox.
    Ceglar.
    Ryder. Or Marshall - whoever you prefer.
    Take your pick out of Bellchambers or the kid everyone loves at Essendon whose name I forget. (Yes, Bellchambers gone now).
    Hickey.
    Vardy.
    McInerney
    Ladhams. Or Lycett - whoever you prefer.
    With more than 5 secs I could go on...but backup ruckman use up an extraordinary amount of cap space for a lot of clubs.
    $650-700k though?
    Lycett is (widely reported) on a $700k x 4 but he is a first ruck and was a FA so attracted a premium.
    Cox rubbished the supposed $550k he's on, Draper is a first ruck on $600k x 4, Vardy would be close to base.

Ladhams might be only a little behind Lycett and Preuss is probably on healthy coin. I normally agree with alo of your posts but this one I just don't see.
    McInerny might be there but he's been the no 1 ruck this year anyway.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

ARE TWO FIRST-ROUND PICKS FOR DUNKLEY GREEDY?

What Josh Dunkley is worth in a trade is polarising opinions.
    As Essendon tries to lure the Western Bulldogs midfielder away from Whitten Oval, former Bombers' great Matthew Lloyd had his say on Trade Radio this morning.
    Lloyd said he was "surprised" the Bulldogs had asked for two first round picks.

"It shouldn't be anything more than one first-round pick from Essendon," Lloyd said.
    Kane Cornes agreed.
    AFL.com.au's Mitch Cleary threw up the Bulldogs' side though.
    "He's a contracted Dogs player, the Bombers need to make the running on this one," Cleary said.
    "Pure market value), pick six is probably overs for josh Dunkley, but given he's contracted at the Western Bulldogs, the Bombers need to pay well overs and to get him out.
    "They're going to need to give up one of those (high) picks and something else, maybe a later first round pick or something in the second round.
    "The Dogs … need to be wowed off their feet."
    At least one of them has their head on straight. Why would we accept market value when we don't want to lose him, he has a two year contract and they're offering him above market value contracts?

4. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    At least one of them has their head on straight. Why would we accept market value when we don't want to lose him, he has a two year contract and they're offering him above market value contracts?
    I have never liked Lloyd, he is so biased.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that we have Martin, Dunkley's excuses for leaving are further limited, clearly it is just for the $ and always was.
    If we get Treloar on a deal that suits us, Dunkley can join the rabble. He should join the rabble anyway because his lack of loyalty to a club that gave him a premiership will greatly diminish his image at the Dogs.

8. Likes Webby, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I have never liked Lloyd, he is so biased.
    I have to give him some credit for being consistently the most vocal critic of Essendon in the media though.

10. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wowed off my feet is not 6 and a late first rounder.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

12. Likes WBFC4FFC, hujsh, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If Dunkley was coming out of contract he would be worth a first round pick in a genuine trade. Given he has two years to run, he's worth a first and second rounder at the very least.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

14. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I have to give him some credit for being consistently the most vocal critic of Essendon in the media though.
    He should stop talking about Essendon and how to make them better.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    If Dunkley was coming out of contract he would be worth a first round pick in a genuine trade. Given he has two years to run, he's worth a first and second rounder at the very least.
    This is what Essendon currently hold

6, 7, 48, 67, 73, 78, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Well Lloyd, if you aren't prepared to pay up then don't go around trying to poach contracted players. The sense of entitlement of that club astounds.

19. Likes bornadog, WBFC4FFC, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    This is what Essendon currently hold

6, 7, 48, 67, 73, 78, 85
    I mean, we don't even want picks unless we can offload them for players. If you come after a contracted player you need to be prepared to give up a lot. The arrogance of that place is off the charts. Lloyd also said the bombers won't be trading two picks as they would prefer not to give up the next Rozee and Bailey Smith. Good. Draft then you idiots and don't go after contracted players.

As you can see I'm at the end of my tether with that club and it's media representatives. How there was a way to detest that club even more, well Josh you have done it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Lloyd also said the bombers won't be trading two picks as they would prefer not to give up the next Rozee and Baily Smith.
    Hahahaha thats a funny way to spell Darcy Parish and Aaron Francis. I'm completely fine with Essendon backing themselves in at the draft table, can't wit for them to fist pump getting a fringe small forward at pick 50 again.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

22. Likes bulldogsthru&thru, azabob, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So apparently Carlton have pulled out of the Saad deal. We must do the same. I'd advise GWS to follow suit as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Hahahaha thats a funny way to spell Darcy Parish and Aaron Francis. I'm completely fine with Essendon backing themselves in at the draft table, can't wit for them to fist pump getting a fringe small forward at pick 50 again.
    Hahaha yes you're absolutely right. They couldn't draft well enough with a full year of watching players. Imagine what they'd do after this year having not watched a game.