Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    So here is your last chance to confirm and share your suspicions

Will Dunkley still by a Bulldogs player by the end of the trade period?
    I think we’ll trade him - I have no extra information than anyone else. Pickering is the best in the business at getting deals done and I don’t see why they’d request a trade if they weren’t confident one would happen. Also the minor signs are there - club softening, surrounding deals getting done plus it being drawn out until the final hours is the classic AFL playbook for big trades.

This won’t be popular - but I’m very comfortable trading Dunkley. He is a jet but surplus to our needs, if we aren’t going to play him as a permanent inside mid then we might as well trade him at the peak of his value. Our window is now, I don’t want to wait until libba fades and Dunkley takes that spot again.

Anything less that two first round picks next year and I’ll be filthy. I’d prefer he stays than we get under the overs he is worth in this situation.

2. Likes MrMahatma, westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he is gone. Clearly wants out to allow this to get to this stage. We are on to Treloar as a backup/softner please our supporters, fill the gap left.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I think he is gone. Clearly wants out to allow this to get to this stage. We are on to Treloar as a backup/softner please our supporters, fill the gap left.
    I kind of agree because we wouldn't go for Treloar IF Dunkley never requested a trade, but I think it's an opportunity that has fallen into our lap to get maximum value for our player while trading in another well below value. Especially if Pies pay 200/250K.

The cream is the fact that our midfield needs more Treloar than it does Dunkley.

I think he's gone (Dunkley) and I hope we find a way to do it for both Essendons and Collingwood's future firsts, enabling us to take 3 first rounders into the 21 draft

5. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, admire the way Power's played things to date but the fact we're into Treloar gives the game away.

Other caveats aside I'm unconvinced Treloar gets us any closer to a flag than Dunkley on deck but it feels like we've resolved to cut our losses on the latter and anything above 'insulting' probably gets it done come deadline time.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    But we will, because we are us.
    We aren't a basket case. Geeze you'd think we'd had the last decade of a Carlton based on some people here.

We've made finals 4 of the last six years and won a premiership. We have had good moments and bad both on and off-field but I do trust that the decisions we make do have proper rational behind them even if they don't always work out.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m leaning on we will trade, and hoping that it’s Dodoro that blinks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Yeah, admire the way Power's played things to date but the fact we're into Treloar gives the game away.

Other caveats aside I'm unconvinced Treloar gets us any closer to a flag than Dunkley on deck but it feels like we've resolved to cut our losses on the latter and anything above 'insulting' probably gets it done come deadline time.
    There's no reason why we can't have Treloar and also keep Dunks. I don't think the two discussions are connected.

The key factors with Treloar are he passes the medical, he is very happy to join the club and we are paying him 650k a year with the filth paying the remaining 250k. For the price of a future 2nd or some such, that is well worth the risk for someone in their prime and who will be for another 4-5 seasons at least.

With Dunks it should be a simple equation. We get 2 first rounders of our choosing or he stays. I hope we stay firm on that.

I've been very impressed by Sam Power since he joined the club. He gives the media absolutely nothing and walks away with our targeted players and usually at below perceived market value. Keath for a 3rd rounder last year was a steal, and despite his putrid season this year Bruce for the equivalent of a late 2nd rounder was smart negotiating by Power as well, when the Saints were demanding our first pick. And while they haven't been big trades, he has been adept this year with the Martin and Hannan acquisitions, giving away very little of value.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Depending on how the text went with Treloar might indicate he is going
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Depending on how the text went with Treloar might indicate he is going
    What nonsense is this sentence G?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

12. Thanks The Bulldogs Bite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    There's no reason why we can't have Treloar and also keep Dunks. I don't think the two discussions are connected.

The key factors with Treloar are he passes the medical, he is very happy to join the club and we are paying him 650k a year with the filth paying the remaining 250k. For the price of a future 2nd or some such, that is well worth the risk for someone in their prime and who will be for another 4-5 seasons at least.

With Dunks it should be a simple equation. We get 2 first rounders of our choosing or he stays. I hope we stay firm on that.

I've been very impressed by Sam Power since he joined the club. He gives the media absolutely nothing and walks away with our targeted players and usually at below perceived market value. Keath for a 3rd rounder last year was a steal, and despite his putrid season this year Bruce for the equivalent of a late 2nd rounder was smart negotiating by Power as well, when the Saints were demanding our first pick. And while they haven't been big trades, he has been adept this year with the Martin and Hannan acquisitions, giving away very little of value.
    Agree with this Sedat. Power has been a better list manager than he was a footballer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Agree with this Sedat. Power has been a better list manager than he was a footballer
    It's kinda skewed though.....I mean, out of thousands of footballers he was able to play at the elite level, while very limited numbers of folks get the opportunity to be a list manager.

I would say he was an excellent footballer, and is an excellent list manager.

And that's definitely enough out of me.

P.S. It's never enough.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

This ^^^

or no deal.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Media reporting Dunkley deal is a case of who blinks first, Dodo adamant it won't be two firsts (top tens), Sam Power says otherwise.

Talks with Treloar are well down the track, report is we've offered him 600k a year + Collingwood pay the rest
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Media reporting Dunkley deal is a case of who blinks first, Dodo adamant it won't be two firsts (top tens), Sam Power says otherwise.

Talks with Treloar are well down the track, report is we've offered him 600k a year + Collingwood pay the rest
    Hold strong Sam. No reason at all for us to blink.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Hold strong Sam. No reason at all for us to blink.
    Yep, worst case we keep a 23 yo, AA calibre midfielder.

For Essendon, they get to take picks to the draft but lose face after working on a deal for months with Pickering. Opposition players would be wary of agreeing to go public on any trade request in the future.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

19. Likes Raw Toast liked this post