Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 48 of 263 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    If we can believe the reports as have been made I'd rather it not be played out leading into trade week and using the threat of moving to another club. If you think your being under valued and the club isn't receptive to a review then shop yourself around and follow through and leave if a better offer is found and a suitable trade can be made.
    You either want contracts to have some meaning or you accept the view of many of the players of looking for the better deals even if they have 2 years to play out and putting pressure on the clubs to keep paying more.
    We get trapped into thinking in a black and white way. Pragmatism is actually a thing and good negotiators and responsible managers can actually find middle ground and get a result that is good for everyone without the need for guns to the head brinksmanship.

The AFL plays in a very murky world when it comes to contracts. Concessions are made by both sides (clubs and players) to ensure there's an amount of cake having and eating, and while the balance shifts from time to time generally speaking everyone seems to be happy with it because usually it's only fans like us (or disgruntled ex-players who missed out on the massive pay days) who get really shitty about it.

Everyone in the industry wants the flexibility, and rarely bemoans it.

No club or player/ manager combination is ever going to play cards that are honest, meaning information asymmetry is an issue negotiating parties need to manage when inking a deal. I'd prefer either full disclosure prior to the deal being made but that's never going to happen in such a dynamic negotiation landscape like the AFL, so failing that parties need to come together and actually work through issues as they arise.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I'm gonna reserve my comments til confirmation of a decision.

But if we've extended..I'm pretty happy.....any curmudgeonly F$%^er who has an issue with a renogiation.. we'll tango post announcement...
    I'm leading with my chin....Josh may announce his leaving to the Bombers.....
    Come at me..........
    You're the Jason Statham to Chef's Vinnie Jones.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

3. Likes chef, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I wouldn't be against an extension and subsequent restructure of his contract. I can't remember when he signed his current deal but I think it was prior to his outrageous run of 2019 form, so slightly unders at least for that output.
    It was mid way through June 2019 around about round 14 so he'd played a fair amount in midfield by then. Played first 5 rounds or so mainly as a forward. Really just over a year ago.

Excellent work by the club, also locked in Caleb at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    So if the speculation is correct, and I'm not sure that it is, that we've won Dunkley over because of a revised contract offer we might be creating some trouble for ourselves. Have we just handed a blueprint to other quality players and their managers on how we can be inspired to revise contracts?
    No he might have accepted a low offer to stay at the Bullies initially. There is nothing wrong with revising it. No one on this board really has a clue of the amount. We would be only guessing.

Post Thanks / Like

The best thing Dunks could have done is indicated he wants out early. As least we are on the front foot with regard to potential targets.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    No he might have accepted a low offer to stay at the Bullies initially. There is nothing wrong with revising it. No one on this board really has a clue of the amount. We would be only guessing.
    I actually think we can afford it , we aren’t drafting in big names by the looks
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't Hurley a free agent when we offered

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Wasn't Hurley a free agent when we offered
    I think so
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

My son put on the Hawthorn semi today, haven’t watched that game as much as the other finals.

Dunkley was close to BOG
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

11. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope Bevo gives this flog the Barrett treatment hence forth.

13. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

At the end of the day, we haven't heard anything from the club which tells me we are actually thinking about it.

The supporters get very anxious about this sort of thing and personally, I don't think it is good enough that we don't hear a response from the club. I know they are trying to maneuver the best deal possible, but it is excruciating.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

I’d be furious with a first round pick that gets chewed up entirely in points with a player we are already guaranteed in the draft.

16. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    At the end of the day, we haven't heard anything from the club which tells me we are actually thinking about it.

The supporters get very anxious about this sort of thing and personally, I don't think it is good enough that we don't hear a response from the club. I know they are trying to maneuver the best deal possible, but it is excruciating.
    My anxiety is in part the club involved, and the fear of not playing the amazing hand we have in the best way possible.
    I'm reassured by Sam Power though he's a good operator. We just can not cave on this deal it's bigger than just Josh and Essendon.

18. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    I’d be furious with a first round pick that gets chewed up entirely in points with a player we are already guaranteed in the draft.
    Yes surely that's incredible unders.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Any pick in the first round will be traded for points in the 2nd round. We Just need to sit this one out and not fold to any pressure. I'm still confident Dunks will be a Bulldog in 2021
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

21. Likes bornadog, Grantysghost liked this post