Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Dodoro obviously thought it would get through and would move into the other deals he had going, had no time to really work anything else because he left it to the last minute, through in a quick 1st and 2nd round offer and by then we were well into talks with Treloar.
    His last minute pressure he likes to use backfired on him and that’s a massive kudos to Sam Power who knew we didn’t have to do anything so was busy doing the Treloar deal.
    Had been honest with Dodoro saying two first rounders and stuck to it.

If I was Dunkley I would be steaming at how Dodoro offered him the world then dumped him like a hot potato , did I read Dodoro say he wouldn’t pursue Dunkley again ?
    I’m backing Dunkley wouldn’t go anywhere near the bombers anyway after that.
    We actually saved Dunkleys butt going to a culture like that.
    I think the Saad leaving says a lot about the bombers.
    Great salesman Dodoro but in reality the club is the opposite to what he is selling.
    It would be hilarious if Carlton comes in and offers anything Better. They are screaming for an inside mid , who can play foward and kick goals to help Cripps.

I hope Dunks or at least his manager knows the character they are dealing with in a side dwelling to bottom 4 side

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Dodoro obviously thought it would get through and would move into the other deals he had going, had no time to really work anything else because he left it to the last minute, through in a quick 1st and 2nd round offer and by then we were well into talks with Treloar.
    His last minute pressure he likes to use backfired on him and that’s a massive kudos to Sam Power who knew we didn’t have to do anything so was busy doing the Treloar deal.
    Had been honest with Dodoro saying two first rounders and stuck to it.

If I was Dunkley I would be steaming at how Dodoro offered him the world then dumped him like a hot potato , did I read Dodoro say he wouldn’t pursue Dunkley again ?
    I’m backing Dunkley wouldn’t go anywhere near the bombers anyway after that.
    We actually saved Dunkleys butt going to a culture like that.
    I think the Saad leaving says a lot about the bombers.
    Great salesman Dodoro but in reality the club is the opposite to what he is selling.
    Exactly right - clearly had no intention of stumping up the asking price but continued trying to waste our time. Sam Power by all accounts handled himself fantastically

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/11/...dunkley-offer/

“Contracted player and I probably would have done the same thing as well to be honest because he’s a quality person.”

Dodoro admits there are no ill feelings with the Dogs and Dunkley after the failed dealings.

“We worked really hard to try and get it done for him but unfortunately it didn’t happen,” he added.

“He’s going to have a terrific career at the Western Bulldogs and I’m sure that we can all move past this, but it is disappointing.”

And in other news Kane Cornes ( FWIW ) thinks we should have traded Dunkley

Should’ve traded Dunkley

“I think they did a great job through the trade period and they’re a better side now with Trelaor coming in, but Josh Dunkley is never going to be worth more than what he was yesterday.

“I think they should have dealt that player out that didn’t want to be there.”

Dear oh Dear Kane. Dunks ready to go, premiership player at a young age is worth far more than pick 7 and change Bombers proffered up. Show me a fresh pick that is going to get high 28 disposals a game during our premiership window. Have to get it done next year.

I'm calling it. 2021 Bulldogs Premiership! We are loaded with quality.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

4. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jay Clarke reporting yesterday that Bombers did the right thing not stumping up next years first. Apparently a super draft and would be overs.

Quoted as saying; Dunkley still wants to get to the Bombers next year.

Post Thanks / Like

I fully do not buy that he is so desperate to get to Essendon specifically. I think he wants to be a full time inside mid and that Essendon can facilitate that, but no way is he so enamoured with their club. How could he possibly be?

At the very least I expect some alternate bidders next year.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

7. Likes Bulldog4life, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I fully do not buy that he is so desperate to get to Essendon specifically. I think he wants to be a full time inside mid and that Essendon can facilitate that, but no way is he so enamoured with their club. How could he possibly be?

At the very least I expect some alternate bidders next year.
    Dunkley was out having dinner with Bont, Wallis and Crozier last night, so yeah, doubt the hard feelings are there at all.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

9. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dodo mentioned Dunks father in the aftermath, so there may be a connection there that is influencing JD's decision making.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Dodo mentioned Dunks father in the aftermath, so there may be a connection there that is influencing JD's decision making.

I believe the quote was that Andrew was present at negotiations with Essendon. How *!*!*!*!ed is that?

After the post by him on Bigfooty ragging on Bont and the Dogs, no surprise he was pushing this every step of the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    I believe the quote was that Andrew was present at negotiations with Essendon. How *!*!*!*!ed is that?

After the post by him on Bigfooty ragging on Bont and the Dogs, no surprise he was pushing this every step of the way.
    I'm not sure that actually was AD, but it certainly seemed like someone close to Josh. Father/sons are a blessing but the flipside is the fathers sometimes get a little too involved or become critical of the club no doubt because they've 'been there and done that'.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Wait so Andrew Dunkley (right?) was on Bigfooty criticising his son's club and his son's best friend?

I'm not sure that actually was AD, but it certainly seemed like someone close to Josh. Father/sons are a blessing but the flipside is the fathers sometimes get a little too involved or become critical of the club no doubt because they've 'been there and done that'.
    Ah so not necessarily the dad. Still interesting

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Wait so Andrew Dunkley (right?) was on Bigfooty criticising his son's club and his son's best friend?
    Allegedly, yes.

Looking like we'll move Dunkley on next year, fair enough let's hope he contributes to a flag in 2021 and has a massive year in order to raise the stocks.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Are the Dunkleys trying to be the Australian equivalent of the Ball Brothers, with JKLD being the next Big Baller?!

Andrew Dunkley henceforth known as LeVar Dunkley.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

16. Likes bulldogtragic, bornadog, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    It's unconfirmed, but a post (now deleted) was made criticising Bevo and Bont. The poster's history suggests a connection to Dunks as they have only posted a few times and they've all been about JD (and all fairly critical of Bevo).

Post Thanks / Like

After speaking with a BF moderator who can check peoples accounts and the credentials they use to sign up, I'll say, there is a reason why they deleted the posts very quickly. They were certain it was him and to stop issues they banned and nuked his posts + anyone who replied or posted referencing him.

Post Thanks / Like

Well if that's true, and if his brains were gun powder he'd not be able to blow his own hat from off his head!

The arrogance to think a deal would just get done and none of the commentary would possibly have consequences is next level.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.