Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 21 of 263 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

If the rumours of the amount of money being thrown at him are true, he simply has to take it. A football career is short, brutal and unforgiving.

Still sucks for us, and he would be burning his bridge, but I can’t be angry at him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I’m Not Bitter Anymore! View Post
    I’m still annoyed with Callan Ward going all those years ago and the opinion that this was modern football and he had to go because the money was irresistible
    Don’t bring that up again, our list manager at the time shit the bed big time with that deal.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I find this so condescending, I don't know why.
    Playing with someone’s career like a toy and a bit of emotional black mail thrown in for good measure. It’s dirty tricks for sure.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

4. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    They could offer deals like these to any clubs. Honestly I’m a little offended they’ve gone after us. Feels like they think they can pick on us small pickings
    He is good enough to play starting midfield. He currently doesn’t. Essendon recognised this and acted accordingly.
    I have no issue with Essendon coming after him.

I will be disappointed if he leaves but I won’t be offended.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I’m Not Bitter Anymore! View Post
    I’m still annoyed with Callan Ward going all those years ago and the opinion that this was modern football and he had to go because the money was irresistible
    At least he was out of contract though it broke my heart.

If contracts are so easy to break if there’s a change of heart, then let’s just pay year by year.

Is there no rule against approaching contracted players?
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

7. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Won't feel comfortable with this until Dunks himself or even best mate Bont come out and refute all the talk. We have apparently heard that the CEO says it is not happening but that may just be toeing the company line similar to what we did with Stringer.

Post Thanks / Like

I tend to avoid the trade talk type threads. I hope Dunks will be staying.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

10. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Dunkley stays and will be disappointed if he leaves but this is football these days. If the Bombers are offering him 800-900k a year then that should be reflected in whatever offer they put forward to make this deal happen if not, play out your 2 years Dunkley and watch Essendon burn to the ground from a distance hopefully with enough insight to be thankful you never went to the place.

12. Likes Grantysghost, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Why are we being critical of the club over speculation? The facts are that we signed a good player to a long term deal, he's been promoted to a VC and leadership role and one of his best mates is the captain of the club.
    I think we need to be thankful we have him locked away, that's good contract management. You can't control what other clubs do but we have our ducks in a row at least.

14. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just can't believe that a Tom Browne story has generated so much chat. He gets nothing right

Post Thanks / Like

*If* this has legs and inking Kyle is contingent solely upon Josh's signature that tells you all you need to know about Essington values.

As if we needed another reminder.

"Oh yeah, we've got your puppy too Josh. Give us what we want and he'll be fine mate"
    BORDERLINE FLYING

17. Thanks Funke disco thanked for this post
    Likes EasternWest, WBFC4FFC, bornadog, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You just know we'll cave.

19. Likes Happy Days, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    If the rumours of the amount of money being thrown at him are true, he simply has to take it. A football career is short, brutal and unforgiving.

Still sucks for us, and he would be burning his bridge, but I can’t be angry at him.
    Because he has two years remaining - he will only go if we get an offer we want otherwise it’s pretty easy to say no

Post Thanks / Like

If a players wants to leave you dont hang onto them. Just need to play hard ball and not get bent over.
    The curse is dead.

22. Likes Max469, azabob, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I really rate Dunks, and I do not want to lose him.
    However, I'm also confident that this is one of those scenario's where it only happens if a) Dunks wants it AND b) the offer is too good for us to turn back.
    This isn't Stringer time when we had very little leverage. We rate Dunks, he's got 2 years to go. He ain't going anywhere unless its a sweetheart deal for us and him. I suspect our position doesn't change, unless we could somehow leverage this trade to address some bigger structural needs.
    Dodo will have to uncharacteristically go against his 'winning trade week' mentality if this is to get done. He has ZERO leverage.

24. Likes ledge, EasternWest, bornadog liked this post