Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 33 of 263 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I am not happy that he hasn't come out and said he is staying. I want this to happen within the next few days - either way.
    On one hand, yes.

On the other he's not obligated to speak against every rumour associated with him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    So how confident is everyone now about Dunkley staying?

I rate Dunks but the reported 900K was way too high
    I'm not sure why we instantly believe the lowered figure granted it does seem more reasonable. Usually the truth lies somewhere in between, so I wouldn't be surprised if the offer was 750-850. I'm not sure; there's something to it however I'm still 70-30 he stays. The brother thing seems too bizarre to be true. Considering he has two years to run, it would have to be an amazing deal for us to consider letting him leave. My guess he says he's interested to the club and is there any chance they would deal, they say no and it dies from there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    On one hand, yes.

On the other he's not obligated to speak against every rumour associated with him.
    Surely Stevo could give him a bell and get the scoop
    The curse is dead.

4. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly. Besides, we've posited our response circa the CEO anyway which roughly translates as nice try dickheads, now run along and resume tending to your steaming pile of a list.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

It's taken a while since 2016 to rebuild a strong leadership group, and Dunkley seems to have been at the forefront of the new wave. For this reason alone, I would be incredibly disappointed to see him go.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

On one hand, yes.

I agree but this has been a fairly heavy and persistent rumour. I thought, 900k, ok any sane person would have to consider an opportunity to double ones income. But it's not that. So I'm a bit concerned he hasn't put it to bed. I would have thought if he was 100% staying this would have happened by now. The silence, to me, means he's at least considering things.

8. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I agree but this has been a fairly heavy and persistent rumour. I thought, 900k, ok any sane person would have to consider an opportunity to double ones income. But it's not that. So I'm a bit concerned he hasn't put it to bed. I would have thought if he was 100% staying this would have happened by now. The silence, to me, means he's at least considering things.
    The silence is the issue here. Essendon have a truckload to be able to front end the contract for the next 2 years as part of a 5 year deal.

Post Thanks / Like

He is most likely enjoying a holiday up North and not even thinking about it at this stage.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

AFL Trade Radio
    @traderadio
    ·
    Oct 26
    Shortly
    @Sammy__Edmund
    and
    @Adamcooney17
    will pull apart the Josh Dunkley situation and what might unfold with the Bulldogs premiership player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    AFL Trade Radio
    @traderadio
    ·
    Oct 26
    Shortly
    @Sammy__Edmund
    and
    @Adamcooney17
    will pull apart the Josh Dunkley situation and what might unfold with the Bulldogs premiership player.
    Really keen to hear Adam Cooney's completely neutral take on a Bulldogs player moving over to Essendon.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Really keen to hear Adam Cooney's completely neutral take on a Bulldogs player moving over to Essendon.
    It's not just the floors, even the coffee's better in Tullamarine!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

14. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, bornadog, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very interested to hear the thoughts of someone who left the Bulldogs for Essendon only to watch the Dogs win the flag. Should be good.

16. Likes 1eyedog, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If that article is correct, surely Dunks isn't on such a low ball deal with us that he'd leave for 650-700k a year?
    There's a financial tipping point he couldn't say no to, and 650-700 ain't it.

On another note that just occurred to me: it's amazing how we can discuss such massive dollars in such a blase fashion.
    "It's over. It's all over."

18. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    There's a financial tipping point he couldn't say no to, and 650-700 ain't it.

On another note that just occurred to me: it's amazing how we can discuss such massive dollars in such a blase fashion.
    Yeah like those sh*t players on peanuts of 200k

20. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah like those sh*t players on peanuts of 200k
    Peasants!
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.