Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 37 of 263 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    So what exactly will the Bummers be offering for Josh? The Daniher compo pick? Methinks that they have played a very good game of destabiliing the player, which will force us to either blink and fold or hold firm and probably up the ante with Josh. as good as Josh is, I don't think he is elite. Awkward kick, which means his primary disposal will always be his hands. If you compare him to "elite" mid/forwards - Dusty, Neale, Bont, Kelly, Coniglio, Dangerfield, Ablett.......they all hurt by foot and by covering the ground with pace/accelleration. He doesn't.

He is an important piece in our team and our leadership group. He is versatile. If he leaves, he makes room for Lippa, Westy, who will both move into Libba's shoes in a couple of years time. personally, I like Dunks and want him to stay, but I think we can cover him.
    I disagree we will have to or even that we will blink. Essendon are evidently the ones who have made the running with Josh and it's them who have set of a sense of expectation among their supporter base. It's on them to make a trade happen and frankly I don't see what they have to offer that facilitates it. We just have to say "sorry butJosh has a two year contract to play football with us and we intend on enforcing it." and it's them who ends up looking a bit silly and with the enraged supporter base. And we know how entitled their supporters are. As far as they are concerned they have been promised Josh Dunkley and they will throw the toys out of the pram if they don't get him. That's not our problem.

We hold a flush, they have a pair of threes. Bottom line is Josh is contracted to us for two years. He's not going to sit out of the game for that long.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WBFC4FFC View Post
    See what the Bummers are doing again, like they did with Stringer? The pick we want won't be available. Destabilising the player and then saying this is all we have to offer. Surely Dunks can see through this?!?!
    The difference is that we wanted Stringer out and EFC were the only buyers and everyone knew it (and for the record I don't think Bevo's comments had anything to do with his overall trade value - if we all knew it, you can be sure the Bummers did).
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

3. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Dunks is a keeper for mine. His season has been ravaged by injury and he was awesome as a power inside mid beast last year. I still see improvement in Dunks.
    We have problems but they are not in the midfield, that's for sure.
    Yes, I am not dead. From China with love.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    We have problems but they are not in the midfield, that's for sure.
    Yes, I am not dead. From China with love.
    Great to here from you GD, how is life abroad during these troubled times?
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

6. Thanks Ghost Dog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Great to here from you GD, how is life abroad during these troubled times?
    Hey KT, how you doing? Been in survival mode to be honest.
    Well, being OS is a mixed bag, but I'm glad I was out of the country if it meant I didn't have to put up with those filthy Richmond supporters. Dunks is a great player and Bevo can find a slot for him. Why on earth trade him? Bevo is the man who made a defensive animal out of see- ball-get ball Matty Boyd. I feel we have a great team just needs a tweak. Trading Dunks seems overkill.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

8. Likes KT31, Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back GD!

I like to think that the release from lockdown is being timed appropriately for the gloss to have been taken off Richmond's night premiership victory just a little bit!

10. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Welcome back GD!

I like to think that the release from lockdown is being timed appropriately for the gloss to have been taken off Richmond's night premiership victory just a little bit!
    G'day Jeemak, hope you are well. A perfectly timed lockdown! Keep your yellow and black indoors please gah. I can't stand them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    G'day Jeemak, hope you are well. A perfectly timed lockdown! Keep your yellow and black indoors please gah. I can't stand them.
    Yeah likewise dude.

Post Thanks / Like

So apparently Sam Edmund is reporting that Dunkley has told some team mates of his intention to go to Essendon.

Is there a way we can turn Dunkley into Merrett AND Treloar? If so, get it done.

Post Thanks / Like

Do we want Treloar? He isn't really a winger, and we couldn't fit Dunkley into our midfield properly, so who goes out for Treloar?

We'd be better off using the Dunkley trade capital on something we are shit at, like tall defenders, a winger, ruckmen, competent forwards and anyone with pace. Merrett I will concede fills the wing need.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    So apparently Sam Edmund is reporting that Dunkley has told some team mates of his intention to go to Essendon.

Is there a way we can turn Dunkley into Merrett AND Treloar? If so, get it done.
    Very disappointing if true
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

If and a big if Dunks wants to go we should open discussion with EVERY other club and see what offers come in. They must be over offers as Dunks is on a 2 year contract. We don't have to negotiate with The Bummers exclusively. Myself I don't want to see Dunks leave as with a full bill of health I can see him spending a lot of time in the middle next year for the doggies. He still has a lot of improvement in him too

17. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stephen Silvagni said on SEN this morning that Dunkley has met with Bevo, Granty and Peter Gordon and told them he wants to go.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Do we want Treloar? He isn't really a winger, and we couldn't fit Dunkley into our midfield properly, so who goes out for Treloar?

We'd be better off using the Dunkley trade capital on something we are shit at, like tall defenders, a winger, ruckmen, competent forwards and anyone with pace. Merrett I will concede fills the wing need.
    I think Bailey Smith is arguably better suited to a wing / resting half forward role at this stage. In any case, with lengthened games there's enough time to shift them all around. One of the issues with Dunkley is that he seemingly wants to be a starting mid and arguably he should be, but we probably cannot guarantee it with our current set-up.

Having Smith and Treloar as two burst mids would be exciting and both win ball on the inside and outside.

If we got both, perhaps Hunter can also play minutes on a HFF or HBF. But you're right, might be one too many. If I had a choice it's Treloar over Merrett.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Stephen Silvagni said on SEN this morning that Dunkley has met with Bevo, Granty and Peter Gordon and told them he wants to go.
    If dunks wanted to stay he would’ve stomped on this story last week. He didn’t, so has obviously given this a lot of thought. If we are losing someone like dunks, then surely something stinks within the club.
    I will never see #16 the same!!