Page 7 of 263 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Maybe it should have been Trade Hunter
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

So clearly Comrade has been in touch with his media acolytes and Lachie is now on the table (the guy clearly must love Dunkely to go to this extent for us to keep him).

How do we leverage this dastardly situation to our benefit? Immediately we need to focus on Brisbane, because in lieu of Comrade's thorough lobbying he's going north.

So what are the actual trade scenarios we can envisage to get some pace into our midfield and support in defence, or, some pace and forward craft inside fifty?

Having lived O/S during Brisbane's rise last year, I've only started to watch them in lockdown number two so I'm not across who may be available and good for us. And also tradeable.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously McCluggage, Rayner and Hipwood are no goes, Berry is too established and has his bro there, and I wouldn't want a draft pick.

The three I'd be looking at in order would be:

Zac Bailey. Quick, good ball user and versatile and would really help the link between our forwardline and everything else. Really emerged this year so they'd be reluctant to part with him and he is a SA boy so hard to get but definitely worth trying for.

Noah Answerth is another I'd look at. Decent medium size defender who is good one on one which is a great point of difference to basically our entire side. Melbourne boy as well. Also would be a great addition to "Bulldogs players who constantly get their names misspelled" like Ryan Hargraves, Ryan Gardiner and Ryan Traitor (oh shit they're all Ryans).

Alex Witherden. Decent defender, probably not as quick as I'd like but a really good ball user and good rebounder. Would really help with our ball use across the ground and his stocks aren't too high atm as he is right on the fringe with them atm, Geelong boy fwiw.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

4. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Obviously McCluggage, Rayner and Hipwood are no goes, Berry is too established and has his bro there, and I wouldn't want a draft pick.

The three I'd be looking at in order would be:

Zac Bailey. Quick, good ball user and versatile and would really help the link between our forwardline and everything else. Really emerged this year so they'd be reluctant to part with him and he is a SA boy so hard to get but definitely worth trying for.

Noah Answerth is another I'd look at. Decent medium size defender who is good one on one which is a great point of difference to basically our entire side. Melbourne boy as well. Also would be a great addition to "Bulldogs players who constantly get their names misspelled" like Ryan Hargraves, Ryan Gardiner and Ryan Traitor (oh shit they're all Ryans).

Alex Witherden. Decent defender, probably not as quick as I'd like but a really good ball user and good rebounder. Would really help with our ball use across the ground and his stocks aren't too high atm as he is right on the fringe with them atm, Geelong boy fwiw.
    You forgot Caleb Daniels....but I get that it didn't fit with the rhythm of your post.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

6. Likes soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So apparently Tom Browne sez that Essendon are making enquiries about Dunkley.

As mich as their likely first offer of Laverde and a (future) second round pick is tempting, what could we reasonably expect them to drum up?

I don't think they have the assets to make this worth our time to even consider.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Draper or Ridley is all I would want from them and they're not giving up either.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

As mich as their likely first offer of Laverde and a (future) second round pick is tempting, what could we reasonably expect them to drum up?

I don't think they have the assets to make this worth our time to even consider.
    They may end up with some picks for Saad which may be of interest if that is what we want to do.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Trade our captains best friend who goes on pre-season training trips with him, a clubman who plays his heart out for the RW&B and one of our best guns on ground?

Hard pass, doubt it will even happen.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Would take some serious cahones to get rid of Bont's best mate. Some extra draft picks wouldn't be worth it IMO, would need to be players that fill holes in our best 22.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Trade our captains best friend who goes on pre-season training trips with him, a clubman who plays his heart out for the RW&B and one of our best guns on ground?

Yeah, I don't like it either.

Post Thanks / Like

It depends on if we now see him more as a forward and a relief ruckman than a genuine midfielder
    I definitely wouldn't trade him unless a ridiculously good offer was made and Vred makes some good points about him being close to the captain
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post

Hypothetically would you trade Dunkley for Josh Kelly?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Josh Dunkley or Jack Macrae?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

Tom Browne? Anything he says don't we take it with a tonne of salt?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps there’s some missing info here. Maybe this is essendons demands to someone we have enquired about? Who was a fringe player for them this year that didn’t get a game?