Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 10 of 263 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Possibly but adding some outside leg speed around the stoppages would be beneficial to us. Smith and Treloar on the outside seems a step up. Again, Dunks is a fabric player, like Libba. These players add so much more than filling a certain skill profile.
    Yeah, I just can't see a slight step up in outside pace as being a worthwhile trade off.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    I'd trade Dunkley for Todd Goldstine + a late 1st or early 2nd, that's about it really.
    No from me. Dunks stays. Not interested at all in giving him the flick. Irrespective of what we get for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    The idea of trading Dunkley is ludicrous, who came up with this garbage suggestion ?
    Yep and we would have to be very very cruel to send him to the Bummers.

5. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunks, as others have mentioned is a 'fabric' type player. Unless he were to express that he wants out, you don't voluntarily try to move on 'fabric' players

7. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, agree with others, not keen on trading Dunkley and he is certainly a 'fabric' type of player.

My mate who works for the club once said to me that he can't quite work out which one of Dale Morris or Josh Dunkley - is the best bloke he's ever met.

But on the footballing side - Dunks probably had another 10 years with us. Could be a captain of the club, and was in the All Australian squad last year.

9. Likes Doc26, WBFC4FFC, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Yep, agree with others, not keen on trading Dunkley and he is certainly a 'fabric' type of player.

My mate who works for the club once said to me that he can't quite work out which one of Dale Morris or Josh Dunkley - is the best bloke he's ever met.

But on the footballing side - Dunks probably had another 10 years with us. Could be a captain of the club, and was in the All Australian squad last year.
    And id throw in hasn't hit peak football maturity yet, the offer would want to be something special, and I don't think the bummers have anything to offer.

If we had an "untouchable" list of players, he is pretty close to being one of them.

If i were to pick a player on our list that's worth something on the trade table and we could potentially replace, it would be JJ.

11. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    And id throw in hasn't hit peak football maturity yet, the offer would want to be something special, and I don't think the bummers have anything to offer.

If we had an "untouchable" list of players, he is pretty close to being one of them.

If i were to pick a player on our list that's worth something on the trade table and we could potentially replace, it would be JJ.
    Also didn't play in his preferred position this season. Play him as a full-time mid and we'll see his true value. It's an interesting situation we have with him and Libba. Libba's excellent form has meant less midfield time for Dunks. How do we get him in there more often?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Also didn't play in his preferred position this season. Play him as a full-time mid and we'll see his true value. It's an interesting situation we have with him and Libba. Libba's excellent form has meant less midfield time for Dunks. How do we get him in there more often?
    If games go back to longer quarters, this should mean more rotation through the middle and our midfield depth (in theory) will be a more potent weapon.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

14. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    If games go back to longer quarters, this should mean more rotation through the middle and our midfield depth (in theory) will be a more potent weapon.
    No it'll simply mean more ruck time for Josh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    No it'll simply mean more ruck time for Josh.
    Well, in my scenario I'm choosing to believe that in 2021 we've come to our senses and brought in adequate ruck relief to partner with English.

Post Thanks / Like

I fail to see how Bevo has enough credits left in the bank to continue to be able to pull this ruck bullshit unencumbered. Surely someone senior steps in and forces the issue.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

18. Likes 1eyedog, westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    17 and 40 for Dunkley apparently. Or Hurley.

Is this what we look like to opposition supporters?
    Are they still trying to trade Mark Bolton to us for Scott West?

Fark off Essendon.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

20. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Well, in my scenario I'm choosing to believe that in 2021 we've come to our senses and brought in adequate ruck relief to partner with English.
    We can only hope. But it’ll depend on whether the coaching group actually believe severe problems exist. Time will tell. None of us want to see Dunks contend a single ruck contest for the rest of his career.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeemak has really worked this rumour, I'm now getting mates contacting me about losing Dunkley. Bloody Jeemak
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

23. Likes Doc26, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't like the title of this thread

Jeemak, if we lose Dunks to the Bombers I blame you for giving it legs.