Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 85 of 263 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 3937

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Hi Vred, curious to know your reasons for not wanting Cox?

I think I read somewhere Stephenson my have a lowish tank/vo2 which may explain why he fades during games. If that’s true (might be nonsense) do you know if that can be improved? He is exciting when on song from little I have seen of him and love his goal sense.
    Cox has bursts of play where his AFL level, and then for the rest of the match his nowhere to be seen, maybe that's because of Collingwoods midfield issues but I don't think Cox brings anything to us.

Stephenson has had his off field troubles but by all accounts is very much loved by the Collingwood playing group, and Treloar is highly rated by alot of people, both players are straight up walk in 22's for us, and bring some things we lack (pace, aggression and some mungral), IF Dunkley happens, and we land them, I'd look at it as a win.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    It's from Dunkleys blog on his bizarre family business page, link here

The entire blog is a treasure trove of stuff that is destined to be printed out and stuck all over the club rooms and ridiculed. He could not make himself sound less cool if he tried.

I honestly think this paragraph is the most mundane thing ever put to text:

I am convinced that Dunkley has made a terrible decision to go to Essendon. Any respect he commands will be completely undermined by having Kyle by his side on a make a wish contract and Josh being the kind of guy that thinks telling people everything he does with absolutely zero personality in extended blog form adds value. I'm sure he is nice enough but if he isn't being laughed about behind his back (possibly by someone like Hunter who he is rumoured to not particularly like) about being such a sponsors pet that he shamelessly writes paragraphs like the following I'll be amazed.
    Dunkley's psychobabble is pretty much what I've heard every weekend for twenty odd years.......

Complete BS.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Vred, curious to know your reasons for not wanting Cox?

I think I read somewhere Stephenson my have a lowish tank/vo2 which may explain why he fades during games. If that’s true (might be nonsense) do you know if that can be improved? He is exciting when on song from little I have seen of him and love his goal sense.
    He has a genetic heart condition requiring multiple daily medications to manage arrythmia. How much impact this has on his endurance, I don't know.

I would want Dunkley, Treloar, Cox, Stephenson in that order.

Post Thanks / Like

Soup, make a wish contract had me rolling on the floor.
    "It's over. It's all over."

5. Likes soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Soupaman. Agree-I think he will regret it too however he can try and soothe himself with the extra moula and some peanut butter cups. Can absolutely picture what your saying.

To parody Tom Jones “It’s most unusual” or, if I was to be downright rude, it’s kinda anally retentive.
    Not only regret it I'd question whether he can even recapture that end of 19 form without being surrounded by really strong leaders and blue chip mids.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Cox is like Neon Leon, plays one good game a season and the rest of the time is a non-event, thanks but no thanks! I don't think Stephenson would be of useful to us, Treloar maybe depending on how much he costs. Stef Martin however would be valuable imo.

Post Thanks / Like

And there’s the added irony that Treloar’s wife and Dunkley’s sister both play for the Firebirds.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

9. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes azabob, WBFC4FFC, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On Stephenson, as some will remember doctors found that he had a heart condition before his draft and word was he could slip into the 20's from a top 10 pick. A completely reliable source told me that we were one of the clubs that did the medical due diligence and would not have drafted him under any circumstances. Obviously JS is managing the condition without apparent issue. I assume our medical team would need to change their minds about his condition from his draft year to now to make a trade offer.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

11. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    On Stephenson, as some will remember doctors found that he had a heart condition before his draft and word was he could slip into the 20's from a top 10 pick. A completely reliable source told me that we were one of the clubs that did the medical due diligence and would not have drafted him under any circumstances. Obviously JS is managing the condition without apparent issue. I assume our medical team would need to change their minds about his condition from his draft year to now to make a trade offer.
    He must have ticked all the boxes
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

13. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I read somewhere that he had glandular fever recently and that effected his 2020 season?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I read somewhere that he had glandular fever recently and that effected his 2020 season?
    Yep - believe he lost 10kgs because of it.

JS body language late in the season was alarming and interesting. Sounds like there's more to it. On ability, he's one to consider but I do have some concerns that he's very similar to Dale with more polish.

17. Thanks josie, bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    He has a genetic heart condition requiring multiple daily medications to manage arrythmia. How much impact this has on his endurance, I don't know.

I would want Dunkley, Treloar, Cox, Stephenson in that order.
    Thanks for clarifying

Post Thanks / Like

On the flip side are Power and Co thinking this is the perfect storm to improve our list.

In Sam Powers interview yesterday he advised we haven't offered him a revised contract. I would've thought this would've been one of the first things we would've done?

If Dunkley true reason for leaving is to be an inside midfielder (rather than a Tom Boyd sized deal) why isn't he backing himself in to have a huge pre-season and take Liberatores spot or take Bailey Smiths spot? Dunkely's 2019 form late was as good as if not better than Liberatore and Smith in 2020. Perhaps the scuttlebutt of Hunter also being trialed as an inside mid for 2021 may also be leading to further frustrations.

If he isn't happy with a few blokes off field behaviour I think he is extremely naive to think every club doesn't have a few players who do things differently to him.

If we do trade him, I hope we don't stuff up and blink like we did when we traded Brian Lake.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

20. Likes jeemak, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    If we do trade him, I hope we don't stuff up and blink like we did when we traded Brian Lake.
    Tbh, the closer it gets to the trade deadline, and a deal hasn’t been made, the more likelihood this WILL happen.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

And Stringer.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.