Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 88 of 263 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 3937

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Can someone give me a quick summary? What are we likely to get for Dunkley?
    Leverde or Francis.

I hope Treloar somehow. I'm content on getting rid of Dunkley.

2. Thanks Ghost Dog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Checking out our lobsters and looking to buy land in QLD.
    Mate, I can get you a few crates worth of lobster that fell of the back of a plane in Pudong.
    But they might be a bit wiffy by now.

Mr Morrison has told us all to get out. Flights, up around 11-12K now, one way plus the 5K for two weeks quarrantine.
    Ouch. Trying to figure out what to do.

My Dad is a bombers supporter. Back in the day Essendon had zoning in our patch I think.
    But he hardly follows them anymore because of what they are now.
    and I am not sure if this is really what most other supporters want, do they?

I'm going to be asking a lot of dumb questions guys I missed the whole season.
    Hopefully MJP doesn't flame me too much....

Dad's taken to wearing my bulldogs scarf on skype, but he's rusted on in such things.
    That generation never change teams.

To a quiet working class man it is a burden!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Leverde or Francis.

I hope Treloar somehow. I'm content on getting rid of Dunkley.
    Ok I will google these guys. Treloar I take it most here do not want.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

You are right there GD, keeping Dunks is what I want (well his manager said he would be happy to play here if he didn't get to Essendon). If we are to swap midfielder for midfielder then Josh is by far our best option.

Its not only about keeping Dunks, its also about sticking it up those entitled Essendon lowlife, who still think "whatever it takes", and a large cheque book is the way to a premiership. And it would be nice to see the club stand up for itself, and not let it be cowered into submission by these bigger clubs.

Show some guts guys, be more Bulldog.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to be asking a lot of dumb questions guys I missed the whole season.
    Hopefully MJP doesn't flame me too much....
    Stuff next season - I'm going to start now!
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

7. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was joking mate. I do want Treloar though.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing that is very important to me is that Essendon have to pay big for Dunkley. I don't want them to get away with giving us a couple of picks in 20s because we can use them for points. I want us to wring them dry - if they are going to take a chase a valuable asset, they need to pay for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    One thing that is very important to me is that Essendon have to pay big for Dunkley. I don't want them to get away with giving us a couple of picks in 20s because we can use them for points. I want us to wring them dry - if they are going to take a chase a valuable asset, they need to pay for him.
    Absolutely. It concerns me that journos (a term used very loosely on Browne) are happy to wrap him up as an easy deal for pick 8 or Treloar. I know we don't listen to journos but the narrative should be around whether or not we have to give back a third rounder when they give us two first rounders.

I mean the most comparable trades involving a young, ball winning midfielder with considerable senior experience but mostly as the 2nd-4th string mid are:
    -Dylan Shiel + Future 2nd (#42) for 9 and future 1st (#14)
    -Lachie Neale + 30 for 6, 19 and 44.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

It's the sycophantism within the narrative that irks me. I have absolutely no doubt that HQ would have been suggesting at all costs for all media partners to ensure EFC gets positive coverage since the suspensions of the playing group, and because during the season they turn out to be average it's amplified in the post/ trading season.

FWIW I think Dunkley is worth a pick between six and ten, and an established player due to the conditions in which he is being sought out from our list. What we choose to do with the draft pick is up to us, of course, but that's where it is for mine.

Given clubs only have until Thursday to get things done I expect something substantial either tomorrow or Tuesday. Though realistically, I think this is going to be a situation where EFC let a player they are chasing down and scramble to ensure everyone within the media puts shit on the club that owns the contracted player instead of EFC (remember Scott West?).
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Stuff next season - I'm going to start now!
    Save your energy. I mean you no harm sir

Well, Daniher was a bad precedent to set at the start. Bombers won that one. Hope they don't think it will be that easy with Bevo and co.

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like Essendon run out of time. They can't even get the Fantasia deal done and Saad has hit a snag.
    Dunkley is probably a bulldog next year. That makes the Treloar situation fascinating as well.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    It looks like Essendon run out of time. They can't even get the Fantasia deal done and Saad has hit a snag.
    Dunkley is probably a bulldog next year. That makes the Treloar situation fascinating as well.
    They also need to find a decent pick for Caldwell. Fantasia has bitten off more than he can chew it seems, and will only get the Dunkley deal done if we cave and take less than overs.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Things can snowball very quickly.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    They also need to find a decent pick for Caldwell. Fantasia has bitten off more than he can chew it seems, and will only get the Dunkley deal done if we cave and take less than overs.
    I doubt we cave. The preference would be to keep him, especially if Libba's knees show any signs of not holding up to another full season (this time with longer quarters).

If Treloar was on a three year contract I might hold a different option, but 5 years at $900k (the last two years at ages 31 & 32) is a massive risk. Burst players past age 30 are a real gamble.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I doubt we cave. The preference would be to keep him, especially if Libba's knees show any signs of not holding up to another full season (this time with longer quarters).

If Treloar was on a three year contract I might hold a different option, but 5 years at $900k (the last two years at ages 31 & 32) is a massive risk. Burst players past age 30 are a real gamble.
    Excuse my ignorance, but why does his current contract have to continue? His contact is with Collingwood, not us. Why can’t we sign him for a two year contract? The first where Collingwood pay part of the salary, and the second where we are responsible. If he is still worth the coin after two years we re-negotiate.
    WOOF Member 422