Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Agree. Its just a pay packet to all of them nowadays. As long as he does his job I'll cheer him.

I'll always support the jumper, but the guys wearing it will just come and go(apart from a select few) and i wont get too attached.
    Same here Chef
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Agree. Its just a pay packet to all of them nowadays. As long as he does his job I'll cheer him.

I'll always support the jumper, but the guys wearing it will just come and go(apart from a select few) and i wont get too attached.
    I agree, but the thing I don't want is for our better players to be leaving whilst we constantly bring in draft picks. I don't want us to simply become a feeder club.

4. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cooney and Goddard have to be being paid by Essendon to do their bidding for them.

Their persistent, and belligerent, messaging on Trade Radio that Essendon should not, and will not, give up 2 first rounders for Dunkley is so obviously scripted, even when being challenged by the likes of Riley Beveridge and Sam Edmund as to their position given the situation.

I appreciate that Scraggers has had good experience with Cooney but I'm not a fan.

6. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I won't have that problem at all if he stays.
    I wont have a problem either

I hope he does stay - its not always the worst thing to go through a process like this - and he will just put on his hard hat and go to work

8. Likes WBFC4FFC, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Cooney and Goddard have to be being paid by Essendon to do their bidding for them.

Their persistent, and belligerent, messaging on Trade Radio that Essendon should not, and will not, give up 2 first rounders for Dunkley is so obviously scripted, even when being challenged by the likes of Riley Beveridge and Sam Edmund as to their position given the situation.

I appreciate that Scraggers has had good experience with Cooney but I'm not a fan.
    Cooney suggesting we're taking a risk by keeping Dunkley as he may throw the toys out the cot. Thankfully, not all players are as unprofessional as Coons.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

10. Likes bornadog, Bulldog4life, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post

This^^^

Almost unlistenable.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Cooney suggesting we're taking a risk by keeping Dunkley as he may throw the toys out the cot. Thankfully, not all players are as unprofessional as Coons.
    I'm dirty on Dunks because of the Essendon link, but you are 100% that he isn't the same sort of character as Cooney. Dunks has probably played his cards in terms of being a professional in every sense, its just a job for him. Won't be able to love him quite as we do others, but certainly can respect him as a person more than Cooney who is a genuine sook.

Post Thanks / Like

Dodo has seriously underestimated Power.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

AFL Trade Whisperer just tweeted that he reckons the deal is happening. No details.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Bevo wants him out.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    AFL Trade Whisperer just tweeted that he reckons the deal is happening. No details.
    Pick eight and a future second I can just sense it. Please Sam stay true to your name! We have the Power....!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Pick eight and a future second I can just sense it. Please Sam stay true to your name! We have the Power....!

That doesn't cut it for me.

19. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    That doesn't cut it for me.
    Agree BAD, just thinking we are after two x first, they are offering one...it usually lands somewhere in the middle.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree BAD, just thinking we are after two x first, they are offering one...it usually lands somewhere in the middle.
    That might be Dunkley's true value, but given he's contracted for 2 years I'll be livid if we fold for that.

22. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a for a fair trade where a player is coming out of contract.

Given Dunks has two years to go on his contract, it is two first rounders and definitely the Bummers first-pick in the First-Round (pick 6).

On this issue, there can be no debate.