Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 23 of 263 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    We’ve earned the rep G.
    Which examples are you referring to?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Which examples are you referring to?
    Brian Lake to kick it off.

Post Thanks / Like

Understand if Dunks wants to leave for staggering $. Would not begrudge him.

What would club accept? We have upper hand. Could be a club defining moment - a bit like us gaining TBoyd in 2015. We need leg speed & class in the middle & forward half, a good mobile ruck to help Tim and a decent full back. Not so sure we need a small forward - hopefully Cavarra or Weightman fills that role.

Post Thanks / Like

Dunks can’t leave for more dough just because. If we refuse to move him, what’s he going to do? Sit out for 2 years?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I don't blame him if that is what they're offering him. Pack ya bag Dunks and good luck. All that said it's about time the AFL did something about clubs talking players out of contracts. If this shit continues then clubs should have the power to pull the trigger on trades without players consent.
    That should be part of the rules. Especially with the option of free agency etc available to the players.

6. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Macca wanted him out.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If Essendon are offering the coin being mentioned, then their offer to us simply must be going to be amazing. I mean 900k a year... that's top echelon coin, so can hardly wait for Dodo's offer...

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I would begrudge him.

He is 23 and by all accounts a great kid, but why should he be able to break a contract... one based on a calculated decision, made jointly by the clUb, and with which he obviously felt comfortable at the time, as to his value and whatever else was on the table.

Can any of the rest of us back out of a contract we no longer like so easily? Hasn’t the balance in favour of player power gone too far? If Dunkley slips on a banana peel during his current holiday time in Noosa tomorrow and does his knee, he’ll get fully paid for the next 12 months. He could do his knee again a week into 2022 and we will continue to pay him. Clubs aren’t able to say, we’d like to break your contract as we’re not getting value for money.

Many families have made sacrifices, in tough times, to keep up their memberships this year. Players who benefit from our unqualified and unconditional support are living in a bubble in more ways than one. I hope this story is complete crap, but if it’s not and we lose Dunkley in this fashion, I will be totally disillusioned.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    If Essendon are offering the coin being mentioned, then their offer to us simply must be going to be amazing. I mean 900k a year... that's top echelon coin, so can hardly wait for Dodo's offer...
    Pick 6 and Tippa a good start.

Post Thanks / Like

Lake wasn't 23 yo, he wasn't part of the leadership group but he wanted to go to a contending team to chase a flag or 2 not to a team who hasn't won a final for years and years.
    Dunks is well paid with his best football still in front of him, he's won a flag with us already and has not one but two years to go on his contract.

All we have to do is address the nonsense of using him in the ruck and he will remain a Bulldog for many years to come

13. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Lake wasn't 23 yo, he wasn't part of the leadership group but he wanted to go to a contending team to chase a flag or 2 not to a team who hasn't won a final for years and years.
    Dunks is well paid with his best football still in front of him, he's won a flag with us already and has not one but two years to go on his contract.

All we have to do is address the nonsense of using him in the ruck and he will remain a Bulldog for many years to come
    I can't see those ruck antics changing any time soon.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't stomach bad mouthing of the club as if people's half baked opinions are more important than the club.
    Even the notion of lets trade Dunkley is repulsive.
    I thought we were supporters not just people who think they know better than the club. If you think you know better than the club why advertise it? Who are you supporting, the club or yourself?
    To show you are smarter than other posters?
    To me it just shows
    people putting their ego before their loyalty.
    Support the cub do not bag it.
    This site has been precious to me because I love the club and its supporters. I get information from those close to the club.
    The opinions that predominate, indeed any that is alternative for the club I could not care less for except two or three, certainly not the big egos of the site, which are just like that in same old committees with egos dominating.

16. Likes GVGjr, bornadog, Twodogs, dadsgirl16, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Pick 6 and Tippa a good start.
    Keep going....
    We should ask for the picks they get for Saad and Daniher too. I mean, if they really want him that badly, they shouldn’t mind.

18. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That big experienced Tigers ruckman was handy in the finals.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    I can't see those ruck antics changing any time soon.
    While I agree with you, if there is any truth to the speculation it's because of being used in the ruck it will force a quick rethink

Our forward set-up doesn't quite allow for another options to help out in the ruck