Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 67 of 263 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 3937

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Dunks gonski has officially requested a trade to Essendon.

Essendon has been speaking to Dunks for months.

Has been a long-term plan to get him.

Pickers thinks the trade will get done.

Has informed Bevo and Ameet he wants out.

Bevo wants to keep him.

Up to Adrian and Sam to get a deal done.

Pickers acknowledges Bulldogs have the whip hand and Essendon will have to pay for him because he's a quality player.

It's a 5 year deal and a LOT of money.

Other clubs have inquired but he wants to go to Essendon.

If he doesn't get to Essendon he'll stay at the Bulldogs and be happy to see out his contract.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Ok, speaking with Pickering...

1) Dunks has asked to be traded to the Bombers
    2) dogs are saying no, he’s required
    3) dunks is very keen to get to Essendon.
    4) wants to play as a mid, not a 2nd ruck. Can adapt to a role, but more opportunity to play as a mid at Essendon
    5) nothing happened at the hub to warrant a trade.
    6) the move is “purely on field”
    Same as the Swans last year with Papley. No. Stay strong Sammy Power. Would be a B & F at the Bummers.

Post Thanks / Like

Draper and 7 or we riot.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Makes it hard for Dunks to save face and stick with the Bulldogs when the manager goes public like that.

Hopefully it backs Essendon into a corner and they bend over.
    He just confirmed Dunkley was comfortable with him going public.

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I hate the way Bevo has used Dunks on field because it's just stupid and doesn't make sense from a football perspective, Pickering is just rationalising a decision that is 100% money based to try and make his client look better.

But I also hope it makes Bevo sit back and have a think, because his shenanigans opened the door for this sort of BS.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

6. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Draper and 7 or we riot.
    But 7 would be eaten up with Jamarra.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    If I'm reading the room correctly whatever pick we get will end up being Treloar.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

We would have to turn 7 into something else - a player or future pick for example.

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I hate the way Bevo has used Dunks on field because it's just stupid and doesn't make sense from a football perspective, Pickering is just rationalising a decision that is 100% money based to try and make his client look better.

But I also hope it makes Bevo sit back and have a think, because his shenanigans opened the door for this sort of BS.
    He’s basically saying it’s because he wants to play more midfield time. But no other issues with the club.

Post Thanks / Like

On trade it for something else (player or first rounder next year).
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    He’s basically saying it’s because he wants to play more midfield time. But no other issues with the club.
    Yeah, good one Dunks. It's nothing to do with the huge increase in pay you're being offered.

As if playing as a full time mid for a bunch of scrubs like Essendon is the only drawcard. Pickering thinks we're idiots if he honestly believes we'll cop that.

13. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree 100%
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Makes it hard for Dunks to save face and stick with the Bulldogs when the manager goes public like that.

Hopefully it backs Essendon into a corner and they bend over.
    What a terrible look for our club to be supposedly young and in contention for the next few years to have one of our best U23 players wanting out with 2 years still to run on his contract, let alone a player of impeccable character and a future leader. Not to mention him choosing to go to a cesspit that has been useless and non-competitive in finals for most of this century.

Simply embarrassing for the club from the top down. Irrespective of whether or not he stays, today has been a dark day for the club. Clock is ticking on Naughts and Bailey Smith mega offers from other clubs now. We now don't have a single player on our list (Bont included) who is untouchable, and we will passively fall down to being competition also-rans before too long.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Treloars contract.
    “The real issue here is that this is almost like one of those balloon mortgages where his deal is back-ended and back-ended and back-ended. He has done that so the club could secure the likes of Dayne Beams and Daniel Wells and be in the premiership window. Now they’re saying to him ‘we want to get rid of you’.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope we keep pushing the required player line publicly while doing all we can to squeeze Essendon. The list DOES need a shake up and this is an opportunity to get some assets that may do that.

It is a risk, but if we nail it, it could help us climb out of the 7-10 middle of nowhere position we're currently stuck in.

18. Likes Dry Rot liked this post