Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 68 of 263 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 3937

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

This is Papley all over again. Bulldogs won’t let him go without a godfather offer. We hold all the cards.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    This is Papley all over again. Bulldogs won’t let him go without a godfather offer. We hold all the cards.
    Papley was more about coming back to family if a deal could be done where as I think Dunkley effectively calling into question publicly the decision making of the head coach makes it difficult for him to walk back into the club.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    What a terrible look for our club to be supposedly young and in contention for the next few years to have one of our best U23 players wanting out with 2 years still to run on his contract, let alone a player of impeccable character and a future leader. Not to mention him choosing to go to a cesspit that has been useless and non-competitive in finals for most of this century.

Simply embarrassing for the club from the top down. Irrespective of whether or not he stays, today has been a dark day for the club. Clock is ticking on Naughts and Bailey Smith mega offers from other clubs now. We now don't have a single player on our list (Bont included) who is untouchable, and we will passively fall down to being competition also-rans before too long.
    Let's see how we respond.

FWIW I think getting offered that sort of coin and the opportunity to be numero uno inside mid is a no-brainer even if it is Essendon. We have an opportunity to turn Dunkley who was a pick in the mid-20s into some serious collateral.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

4. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Papley was more about coming back to family if a deal could be done where as I think Dunkley effectively calling into question publicly the decision making of the head coach makes it difficult for him to walk back into the club.
    Was it really though? He wants more midfield time who does Bevo chop out in there to run Dunks through it more?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that's a step towards the bridge lighting ceremony. Getting your manager to question the coaches direction, whether you agree or not, in order to force or justify a trade is for all intents and purposes stepping away from the group. It's different to Papley in this sense as it appears he's maybe mentally a Bomber already. This doesn't augre well. He's the captain's bff!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Let's see how we respond.

FWIW I think getting offered that sort of coin and the opportunity to be numero uno inside mid is a no-brainer even if it is Essendon. We have an opportunity to turn Dunkley who was a pick in the mid-20s into some serious collateral.
    Yes Josh wants to go for the bananas and to also be the big banana, but he’ll not burn any bridges by staying. Everyone understands the temptation he’s given to set himself up.

There are 2 scenarios I see:

1. He goes and we get over-compensated (we won’t trade otherwise)
    2. He stays and within months has a contract extension and pay rise

Either way the club is doing the right thing.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

8. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling dodo will win this one over power. I’m thinking pick 7 will do it. We will fold under the pressure. And it will be done so late in the friggin trade period, that we will be stuck with pick 7 and it will be sucked up with Jamarra. Yep I know this is worse case scenario, but this IS the dogs I’m talking about.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Was it really though? He wants more midfield time who does Bevo chop out in there to run Dunks through it more?
    Someone mentioned above that Pickering said Dunkley doesn't like rucking. I think it's a BS excuse and a cover for what is a financial decision, but he's questioning the coach publicly. Can't imagine Bevo would be happy.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

11. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    I have a feeling dodo will win this one over power. I’m thinking pick 7 will do it. We will fold under the pressure.
    President Pete won’t let the negotiations end with that result.

13. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We also have Riley Garcia coming through after his leg injury just before the draft last year. From all reports, his engine is huge. Does Dunks see the writing on the wall?
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Someone mentioned above that Pickering said Dunkley doesn't like rucking. I think it's a BS excuse and a cover for what is a financial decision, but he's questioning the coach publicly. Can't imagine Bevo would be happy.
    Pickering didn’t say that. He said Josh is happy to play a role for the team but his preference is to be the big kahuna in the midfield.

Post Thanks / Like

We know he holds a decent grudge.

Post Thanks / Like

Well if the club thinks trading Dunkley is best for the club they should decide where he goes. Let's open up the discussion with all clubs. It is not just up to Dunks to decide where he goes....he is under contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Dunkley for Treloar I don't really like. Dunkley for Stephenson? I like a little more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    I have a feeling dodo will win this one over power. I’m thinking pick 7 will do it. We will fold under the pressure. And it will be done so late in the friggin trade period, that we will be stuck with pick 7 and it will be sucked up with Jamarra. Yep I know this is worse case scenario, but this IS the dogs I’m talking about.
    In that case he will stay.