Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 69 of 263 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 3937

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Well if the club thinks trading Dunkley is best for the club they should decide where he goes. Let's open up the discussion with all clubs. It is not just up to Dunks to decide where he goes....he is under contract.
    The club needs to ensure that it gets the best possible return. Otherwise he doesn’t go.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

2. Likes 1eyedog, FrediKanoute liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Pickering didn’t say that. He said Josh is happy to play a role for the team but his preference is to be the big kahuna in the midfield.
    Must be jealous of the Bont. Not a true mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    What a terrible look for our club to be supposedly young and in contention for the next few years to have one of our best U23 players wanting out with 2 years still to run on his contract, let alone a player of impeccable character and a future leader. Not to mention him choosing to go to a cesspit that has been useless and non-competitive in finals for most of this century.

Simply embarrassing for the club from the top down. Irrespective of whether or not he stays, today has been a dark day for the club. Clock is ticking on Naughts and Bailey Smith mega offers from other clubs now. We now don't have a single player on our list (Bont included) who is untouchable, and we will passively fall down to being competition also-rans before too long.
    I can't see your reasoning on this?

This is a player being offered a huge contract, why does it have to be the clubs fault.?

It will be the clubs fault if we bend over on this and get screwed.

All I can say is F you Dunkley, because that is how I feel.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes cinder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Surely there's more to this. I expect that they've met in person since he returned, and I also expect the club being very aware of the situation have tried to satisfy Josh's demands but it just hasnt happened; his camp has now made this decision to move it closer by going public.
    Suggests talks with Dogs either didn't satiate his demands or he has already made the decision to leave and there's no changing his mind.
    It's pretty sad all around have to say.

Post Thanks / Like

So Dunkley views himself as at a minimum the third best and third most important midfielder at our club, but the club views him in his mind as the fourth.

He wants to go to a club where he is considered the best, and isn't having to be a role player.

Oh.....and there's the small matter of the money.

I'm actually OK with all of that. And I also think we hold firm for a massive massive over-payment from EFC or he stays and plays where and how we want him to.

This hasn't put any more pressure on us. The pressure on EFC to get the deal done now is astronomical.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

At the end of the day the doggies have the whip hand. Good position to be in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    So Dunkley views himself as at a minimum the third best and third most important midfielder at our club, but the club views him in his mind as the fourth.

He wants to go to a club where he is considered the best, and isn't having to be a role player.

I'm actually OK with all of that. And I also think we hold firm for a massive massive over-payment from EFC or he stays and plays where and how we want him to.

This hasn't put any more pressure on us. The pressure on EFC to get the deal done now is astronomical.
    I didn't think of that, you're dead right. Sam....You can do it!

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much.

Let’s take the $$ out of the equation. When does Bevo take a hard look in the mirror and admit to at least 30% of the Dunkley decision to leave? Playing him as a spare parts mid/fwd/2nd ruck surely has had an impact on Dunks.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Someone mentioned above that Pickering said Dunkley doesn't like rucking. I think it's a BS excuse and a cover for what is a financial decision, but he's questioning the coach publicly. Can't imagine Bevo would be happy.
    Won't disagree with the 'cover' angle but even if Dunkley's not being slung into the ruck occasionally he's still what, 4th in line within our current midfield group?

We love what Dunks brings but I'm less sold than Dodo on whether he's up to being the big banana and between he and Shiel, not sure I'd characterise the entries the Bombres' forwards are likely to receive as silver service either.

Let the lad have his squillions, just royally bend them over in the process.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

12. Likes bornadog, 1eyedog, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The pressure on EFC to get the deal done now is astronomical.
    Yep, that I do agree with.

No doubt Pickering and Dodo have been in conversation throughout and Dodo knew the request was going public today so I hope he's prepared to deal.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn’t look forward to playing against us I would imagine.
    It’s got to be money , I can’t see any other reason.
    They are a basket case team wise.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Let’s turn this into a massive win. Quoting Alice Cooper “We got the Power!!”.

Great opp for Lippy and Westy to show us what they are made of as inside midfielders.

Could be the makings of premiership number 3 if we can turn this into ready to go player or two plus a 2021 high draft pick which I understand is supposed to be a cracker draft.

Need to re-sign Bont and Smith to long term deals soon.

And note to el supremo Mr Beveridge: - please address our ruck problem pronto.

16. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We should pick his brother up if he leaves.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I know this is about money but Pickering also said other clubs inquired. Bevo has brought this on with his stupid idea of playing Dunks in the ruck. This is a bad bad day for our club. A thorough review is desperately needed.

19. Likes DOG GOD, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you consider potential career trajectory and earning potential for Dunkley you can understand the lure of the deal he has been given. The clubs just gotta do everything right and hold him to his deal unless it’s of major benefit.

In regards to the midfield time unfortunately for Josh it’s a team sport and coaches need to weigh these calls all the time. For all the talk of versatility we are not especially versatile and Josh is arguably the best forward of our mids and one of the ones we can partially cover. No great mystery to it despite the ill informed comments about it.

As a coach in these situations you can obviously recalibrate and sell a change of role to Josh. I’m sure we have done that up to a point but once you are seeing the guaranteed progression (max mid time) plus the money it’s going to be hard to sway him back.

My thoughts are we hold him as tightly as we can and tinker with the role (where possible) next season.