Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 72 of 263 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 3937

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    So Essendon have been chatting to Dunks for months. We brought this on. Why didn’t the bombers go for an out of contract Jack Steele?
    I'm calling bulltish on that. The players and footy department were living on top of one another in a hub and we didn't notice one of our guys talking to a opposition club?

Yeah OK, sure. That's something that definitely happened.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Also if we end up with Hurley and/or Hooker I'm changing teams.
    There's but one of those tainted pricks I could stomach in our colours and it's McDonald-Tipungwuti.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    we’ll, why didn’t we use him in that role so we got maximum value ? His first ruck contest was in his first game and in 5 years he has never looked comfortable there. I hope he is going for the money, otherwise someone else should be going too.

(We have also seen Bont and Macrae in ruck contests, and they looked equally uncomfortable.)
    Because we have like 5 midfielders better than Shiel?

I think it's fair for him to be aggrieved that he had to do it by virtue of being the least shit at it, and probably fair for him to think he should have been a first choice centre bounce player ahead of Libba after his 2019.

Hindsight t20 or whatever but I wonder if Dunkley as the 30/70 forward and Libba as a full time mid is something we'll regret for the next 10 years.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still grappling with how bad this looks. How often does a 23 yr old guy who's won a flag, a Doug Hawkins medal and is a member of a sides leadership group, ask for a trade to a basket case like the Dons? Stepping back from this and looking back it's really hard to believe.
    Money must be a huge motivator, but I dare say there's a missing piece to this puzzle. Not sure what, could speculate its his team mates but there's no evidence of that.
    Even when Essendon juiced up half their team they stayed loyal!
    Sincerely,
    Confused from Footscray.

5. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I'm still grappling with how bad this looks. How often does a 23 yr old guy who's won a flag, a Doug Hawkins medal and is a member of a sides leadership group, ask for a trade to a basket case like the Dons? Stepping back from this and looking back it's really hard to believe.
    Money must be a huge motivator, but I dare say there's a missing piece to this puzzle. Not sure what, could speculate its his team mates but there's no evidence of that.
    Even when Essendon juiced up half their team they stayed loyal!
    Sincerely,
    Confused from Footscray.
    Other than money, it’s got to be the ruck role surely, and the fact he’s not getting the midfield time. Maybe he sees this as a major step back in his development. Maybe he’s had a fallout with Bevo over this.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's fair for him to be aggrieved that he had to do it by virtue of being the least shit at it, and probably fair for him to think he should have been a first choice centre bounce player ahead of Libba after his 2019.

Hindsight t20 or whatever but I wonder if Dunkley as the 30/70 forward and Libba as a full time mid is something we'll regret for the next 10 years.
    Dusty and Danger and a raft of others don't seem to have a problem playing forward? Ruck I get, but forward I don't buy as much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    So Dunkley views himself as at a minimum the third best and third most important midfielder at our club, but the club views him in his mind as the fourth.

He wants to go to a club where he is considered the best, and isn't having to be a role player.

Oh.....and there's the small matter of the money.

I'm actually OK with all of that. And I also think we hold firm for a massive massive over-payment from EFC or he stays and plays where and how we want him to.

This hasn't put any more pressure on us. The pressure on EFC to get the deal done now is astronomical.
    The last player to do that was Lachie Neale. I don't want Dunks to be the next Neale, because he is EXACTLY what that Bombers need and he absolutely has the capability to become their midfield go-to man.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

We were 0-2 and dead last after the first two rounds before Libba came back from injury.

Dunk's is versatile and Bevo used him in positions that best suited the side, as I suspect any half-decent coach at AFL level does.

All this does is provide an option to trade, if what the Club receives in return is deemed more of an improvement than keeping Dunks for a further two-years.

Dunks a professional. Hell, he got into the Leadership Group. There is no issues in keeping him and Dunks playing to his high standards.

Having said all that, all bets are off if he pulls a Costanza in trying to get sacked, dragging the 2016 trophy along the ground! Link Below:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yngq9NmOnFw

Post Thanks / Like

Digressing slightly, there's a simple of way of cutting through the magic pudding of excuses player agents trot out annually for their clients seeking a move.

Publicise player salaries, y'know, like literally every other professional sporting code in the world.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

11. Likes WBFC4FFC, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I'm calling bulltish on that. The players and footy department were living on top of one another in a hub and we didn't notice one of our guys talking to a opposition club?

Yeah OK, sure. That's something that definitely happened.
    I’d say it was with his manager who the talked it with Dunks. Stuff it. Dunkley. He has no nickname now.

13. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I can't see your reasoning on this?

This is a player being offered a huge contract, why does it have to be the clubs fault.?

It will be the clubs fault if we bend over on this and get screwed.

All I can say is F you Dunkley, because that is how I feel.
    He is 23yo, exceptionally talented, contracted for 2 years and on top of that a solid citizen and future leader. And he is not 'going home' a-la Tim Kelly (who was out of contract anyway). They don't grow on trees.

All these factors combined on a player wanting to depart the club is really a savage indictment on the direction of our club. There is no other conclusion to make.

I want to keep him because he hasn't reached his ceiling yet. I think we are under-selling his 2019 form as an inside beast mid.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

15. Likes Happy Days, WBFC4FFC, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WBFC4FFC View Post
    We were 0-2 and dead last after the first two rounds before Libba came back from injury.

Dunk's is versatile and Bevo used him in positions that best suited the side, as I suspect any half-decent coach at AFL level does.

All this does is provide an option to trade, if what the Club receives in return is deemed more of an improvement than keeping Dunks for a further two-years.

Dunks a professional. Hell, he got into the Leadership Group. There is no issues in keeping him and Dunks playing to his high standards.

Having said all that, all bets are off if he pulls a Costanza in trying to get sacked, dragging the 2016 trophy along the ground! Link Below:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yngq9NmOnFw
    I fear no reprisals...

17. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah Hunter for sure. Josh isn't even in our best half dozen players. Expect Dunks to demand a trade this week.
    When I said this week I didn't mean today!
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

19. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Disgusted. Completely and utterly disgusted.

Club better put Essendon over a barrel and turn this into A tier talent in the form of a ruck, forward and back man, if we turn this into *!*!*!*!ing draft picks and more kids I’ll be changing teams.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Disgusted. Completely and utterly disgusted.

Club better put Essendon over a barrel and turn this into A tier talent in the form of a ruck, forward and back man, if we turn this into *!*!*!*!ing draft picks and more kids I’ll be changing teams.
    To Essendon?