Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 73 of 263 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 3937

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

A new club statement has been released.

It appears Dunkley is gone....

“ The Club has been in frequent dialogue with Josh and his management over the past few weeks, and reiterated its intention for him to remain a Western Bulldogs player.

Accordingly, the Bulldogs remain committed to improving our playing list through the Trade Period and the National Draft, to build on back-to-back seasons of playing in the AFL Finals.”
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    He is 23yo, exceptionally talented, contracted for 2 years and on top of that a solid citizen and future leader. And he is not 'going home' a-la Tim Kelly (who was out of contract anyway). They don't grow on trees.

All these factors combined on a player wanting to depart the club is really a savage indictment on the direction of our club. There is no other conclusion to make.

I want to keep him because he hasn't reached his ceiling yet. I think we are under-selling his 2019 form as an inside beast mid.
    I agree. Essendon's players/draft picks hold no interest in my view. And not sure on Treloar.
    Stand firm.
    And if he stays i would back him to play the way next year in the same manner he always has.

Post Thanks / Like

And why does the whole trade period, unrestricted, restricted, academy, etc, have to be so b_____ long??

It should be just a single evening like a speed dating night.

Not that i've been to one; although some of my dates were in a hurry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

“ The Club has been in frequent dialogue with Josh and his management over the past few weeks, and reiterated its intention for him to remain a Western Bulldogs player.

Accordingly, the Bulldogs remain committed to improving our playing list through the Trade Period and the National Draft, to build on back-to-back seasons of playing in the AFL Finals.”
    Alternatively Dunkley is gone...if we can improve our list in the process

5. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not going to bag Dunkley in the slightest and I get the angst of our supporters

The positives from my perspective are:
    We know we have done the right thing here. We committed to the player with a long contract, recognised his potential and promoted him to the leadership group and even the VC role.
    He's won a flag, played finals football and and is well respected and loved

The negatives are:
    We have stuffed him around a bit and moved him away from the midfield but this can be resolved by the end of the trade period
    A godfather offer from a rival club has pricked his ears and an 'all about the money' player manager hasn't helped our cause

Positives part two:
    We hold the Aces and we would be very confident that his professionalism will overcome things if he is still with us next year. I can't see the players giving him any grief and Bevo will do what he can to bring him back into the fold
    Pickering comments clearly put the acid test on Essendon to make compelling trade offers
    If we fold, we are effectively putting an open for business sign on Naughton and Smith and we won't want to do that

Negatives part two:
    Having to deal with Essendon and Dodoro

Option 1:
    I want 2 x second round picks this year (at least 1,500 points) and a first round pick next year

Option 2:
    I want a first round pick this year and next.

The pendulum shifts a bit more Essendon's way but we aren't out of the running here because we can use the Tom Papley model
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Really? I'd be rapt if we got Treloar for Dunkley, he's exactly what we need.

Dunkley said a lot by saying nothing the other day, I knew he wanted to go and like I said the other day good riddance. We need to make the most out of this and get some much needed polish into this team and not just settle for a pick.
    Yeah that was my worry then as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Also if we end up with Hurley and/or Hooker I'm changing teams.
    Both are cooked - I am with you

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    So Essendon have been chatting to Dunks for months. We brought this on. Why didn’t the bombers go for an out of contract Jack Steele?
    We were in the same hub as Essendon. They have undermined the whole setup and been in his ear. Jack was in a Hub at Noosa.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Lets get the best deal and move on. What an opportunity for West and Lippa to step up.
    Hopefully Sam can pull up a deal that gets us some good players.

Great Opportunity for West as well as Garcia and yes Lippa
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Get Draper. He’s perfect for us.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Accordingly, the Bulldogs remain committed to improving our playing list through the Trade Period and the National Draft, to build on back-to-back seasons of playing in the AFL Finals.
    Is that the best spin we can muster because it may as well read "to build on back-to-back seasons of getting immediately turfed out of the AFL Finals."
    BORDERLINE FLYING

10. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I see it as bend over or we keep him.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Tippa. And One of their first round picks this year which we flip for a player. With a top ten pick we can go hard for someone. And next years first rounder. That’s what we should demand. Or NO DEAL!

14. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Tippa. And One of their first round picks this year which we flip for a player. With a top ten pick we can go hard for someone. And next years first rounder. That’s what we should demand. Or NO DEAL!
    Please no not Tippa, I rate him so incredibly poorly
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

16. Likes Dry Rot, divvydan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    For sure, I can't imagine how we'd find room for a skilled, speedy small forward who lives to chase blokes down.

We've got those types up the wazoo.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    For sure, I can't imagine how we'd find room for a skilled, speedy small forward who lives to chase blokes down.

We've got those types up the wazoo.
    Would be nice along side JUH
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes kruder, DOG GOD, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Tippa AND 2 top 10 picks. On we trade for Stephenson. ( not treloar). One we take to next years draft. I would do