Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 74 of 263 FirstFirst ... 24646566676869707172737475767778798081828384124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 3937

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Tippa AND 2 top 10 picks. On we trade for Stephenson. ( not treloar). One we take to next years draft. I would do
    Id consider that for sure.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

I’m a Naughton/Bont/Smith wanting to leave away from completely abandoning the AFEL. I won’t support a premier league like competition.

Essendon will NEVER overpay. We’re gonna have to keep Dunkley. If we cave for unders or near value then I’ll be absolutely fed up.

3. Likes Doggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why don't we simply not trade him.

We've got Stef Martin now you'll never have to ruck again Dunks please don't leave.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Why don't we simply not trade him.

We've got Stef Martin now you'll never have to ruck again Dunks please don't leave.
    reading the club statement I feel we might not let him go unless the perfect trade is reached
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

6. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    reading the club statement I feel we might not let him go unless the perfect trade is reached
    We will let him go, we always do. This club does not have the guts to play hardball, it just has no self respect when the muck hits the mistral.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm not going to bag Dunkley in the slightest and I get the angst of our supporters

The positives from my perspective are:
    We know we have done the right thing here. We committed to the player with a long contract, recognised his potential and promoted him to the leadership group and even the VC role.
    He's won a flag, played finals football and and is well respected and loved

The negatives are:
    We have stuffed him around a bit and moved him away from the midfield but this can be resolved by the end of the trade period
    A godfather offer from a rival club has pricked his ears and an 'all about the money' player manager hasn't helped our cause

Positives part two:
    We hold the Aces and we would be very confident that his professionalism will overcome things if he is still with us next year. I can't see the players giving him any grief and Bevo will do what he can to bring him back into the fold
    Pickering comments clearly put the acid test on Essendon to make compelling trade offers
    If we fold, we are effectively putting an open for business sign on Naughton and Smith and we won't want to do that

Negatives part two:
    Having to deal with Essendon and Dodoro

Option 1:
    I want 2 x second round picks this year (at least 1,500 points) and a first round pick next year

Option 2:
    I want a first round pick this year and next.

The pendulum shifts a bit more Essendon's way but we aren't out of the running here because we can use the Tom Papley model
    Whats your strategy around the draft pics? I personally want a serious player to come in but seems unlikely to happen this year with such little notice. I understand the value of next year which may also enable us to make a serious play for someone but time is now at the Bulldogs, we cant afford to waste another year around the periphery.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Disgusted. Completely and utterly disgusted.

Club better put Essendon over a barrel and turn this into A tier talent in the form of a ruck, forward and back man, if we turn this into *!*!*!*!ing draft picks and more kids I’ll be changing teams.
    I’m predicting pick 7 which we will ontrade.
    The minimum we should be getting is pick 7, their future 1st and Tippa.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

This is legitimately a deal with the devil.

Peptide Satan: "Can we get them to sell their soul?"
    "Will it be enough for their culture to implode?"
    "Can we pinch JUH?"
    "Will we get a discount if we book Dunks and JUH in at the same time to get their 'Mark of the Beast' (aka Fat Jake's tattoo).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Whats your strategy around the draft pics? I personally want a serious player to come in but seems unlikely to happen this year with such little notice. I understand the value of next year which may also enable us to make a serious play for someone but time is now at the Bulldogs, we cant afford to waste another year around the periphery.
    You can still do that plus accumulate the points to cover Ugle-Hagan

Lets say Essendon get us 2 x 2nd round picks this year and a 1st rounder next year for Dunks
    We could then go to to the likes of Collingwood for Treloar, Richmond for Higgins or even GWS for Caldwell or O'Halloran (although this is a longer shot) with our pick 14 and probably get something coming back to us this year. A senior player to cover the loss of Dunks, more points to cover JUH and an extra pick in the first round for next season
    None of this overly appeals to me but I think it' highlights there are options
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

12. Thanks kruder thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We're playing a very straight PR bat here but it already feels like posturing to make Dodo try harder, and more crucially, sooner.

The one bit of legit leverage the conniving turd has is - assuming we have now multiple marbles in play, be they Treloar, Stephenson or anyone else - how do we achieve certainty with other targets when we're not sure if and when Dodo makes an offer worth our time, and the nuisance stalling that ensues.

His trump card is basically I can and will f**k you around. Take my ambit claim now and get on with your life, or wait and hope I take things seriously enough with a real offer, if it's not too late. *insert troll grin*

If he's still yanking our chain inside the last couple of days I hope we draw an internal line, resolve to hold Dunkley and leave time to conclude other business.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

14. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The fact he wants to go to Essendon really irks me most of all. Its the biggest insult a player can lay at our feet as fans.
    I think we should keep him and force him to hold his value by giving us two years of All Australian football in his preferred role. Win another flag and then go. Can then have the money and the honour of being the most unpopular dual premiership Bulldog in history.

16. Likes Sedat, westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    He is 23yo, exceptionally talented, contracted for 2 years and on top of that a solid citizen and future leader. And he is not 'going home' a-la Tim Kelly (who was out of contract anyway). They don't grow on trees.

All these factors combined on a player wanting to depart the club is really a savage indictment on the direction of our club. There is no other conclusion to make.

I want to keep him because he hasn't reached his ceiling yet. I think we are under-selling his 2019 form as an inside beast mid.
    I do understand why it kind of looks bad, but I probably couldn't be as vehement about it as you are. However, I think you're missing another significant conclusion that could be made and that's that he's moving for the money.

We extended him and gave him a bump last year and for all intents and purposes he was happy with it. So we've done the right thing, and now he wants more which is fair enough if that's what he wants.

What I guess I'm asking is what is the justification for this being a "savage indictment" on the club. Yes I understand you've listed his attributes as a player, but that's not really the same thing as a justification of such a strong stance. I'm genuinely not trying to be a smartarse with this either, I just don't get the why this is all pinned on the club.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

18. Likes bornadog, 1eyedog, Funke disco liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I do understand why it kind of looks bad, but I probably couldn't be as vehement about it as you are. However, I think you're missing another significant conclusion that could be made and that's that he's moving for the money.

We extended him and gave him a bump last year and for all intents and purposes he was happy with it. So we've done the right thing, and now he wants more which is fair enough if that's what he wants.

What I guess I'm asking is what is the justification for this being a "savage indictment" on the club. Yes I understand you've listed his attributes as a player, but that's not really the same thing as a justification of such a strong stance. I'm genuinely not trying to be a smartarse with this either, I just don't get the why this is all pinned on the club.
    Of course money is a factor but he would know he is going to get a handsome contract at his current club that would be not far short of his Essendon offer, if at all.

To even consider leaving at his age with 2 years to go on his contract, not to mention being elevated to the leadership group - it says to the outside world that the club is not a harmonious place. The best clubs have core playing groups that all stick together and take collective pay cuts in the pursuit of team success. Dunkley is a central core play for us, and he wants to leave for the unsuccessful shithole near Melbourne Airport.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

20. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogsthru&thru, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Of course money is a factor but he would know he is going to get a handsome contract at his current club that would be not far short of his Essendon offer, if at all.

To even consider leaving at his age with 2 years to go on his contract, not to mention being elevated to the leadership group - it says to the outside world that the club is not a harmonious place. The best clubs have core playing groups that all stick together and take collective pay cuts in the pursuit of team success. Dunkley is a central core play for us, and he wants to leave for the unsuccessful shithole near Melbourne Airport.
    I don't know what money he is on now, but it would most likely be around $400k, or even $500k? If he is being offered from what is reported around $700k, do you think we should match that? From his perspective, that is a huge increase.

It is very hard to turn down at age 23.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I don't know what money he is on now, but it would most likely be around $400k, or even $500k? If he is being offered from what is reported around $700k, do you think we should match that? From his perspective, that is a huge increase.

It is very hard to turn down at age 23.
    If he plays like he did in 2019 it is money well spent. Essendon know what he is capable of.

This has Lachie Neale written all over it.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"