Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 61 of 263 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

*!*!*!*! off then Dunkley!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    *!*!*!*! off then Dunkley!
    While we didn't get the emphatic endorsement we were hoping for it's early days as far as I'm concerned. For what it's worth I don't think we should shut the door on him yet
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Browne is such a weasel. I reserve weasel for particularly special cases, and that's exactly what he is.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I think he is having a bit each way.

If Dogs let him go, awesome $$ and security.

If not, he hasn't burnt too many bridges.
    Yep that is how i see it too. Nothing wrong with that interview, surprised how doom and gloom it all is in here from that interview

5. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Also Brad Crouch is someone that wants to leave his club. That's how a player talks when they really don't want to stay

Post Thanks / Like

2 year contract, we can keep him easily and if he still wants out next year trade him. He is a professional guy and will still give his best

8. Likes HOSE B ROMERO, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Tom Browne is such a weasel. I reserve weasel for particularly special cases, and that's exactly what he is.
    As a commercial guru of the world where do you see this ending?

At the start I thought we’d extend & renegotiate his contract and give him a small pay bump.

I still hope this is the case but I’m not so sure.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Money talks.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    While we didn't get the emphatic endorsement we were hoping for it's early days as far as I'm concerned. For what it's worth I don't think we should shut the door on him yet
    He's gone. He'd have known everything that had been said and could have just squashed it right there. Especially the stuff about culture issues. Instead we get we'll see how it works out? Want more money and play for Essendon? Good riddance! I hope we don't cave to demands and pay him more and if the deal isn't right then hold him to what he signed and piss him off next season

Post Thanks / Like

Well that removes a bit of the fog at least.

We're not having this consternation if Dodo doesn't put the bait on the plate. Presented with a treasure chest compared to what he's on suddenly there's "a bit to work through" from Josh's camp with the litany of drip fed reasoning and mind games that ensue. Onya Pickers.

He doesn't want 'out' so much as to capitalise on this opportunity. If that means we buckle and renegotiate terms to his liking Josh hangs around with no issue.

But the club's likely thinking, we want you mate, but if you're going to pull this shit and they're willing to give us what we want, well see-ya, go have fun. But Dodo being Dodo means it's tooth and nail, the prick.

Culture my arse. This is plainly about $$$, pure and simple, and Dodo's found a willing dance partner.

Part of me wants to let Dunks go and rot with Jakey and the crew at Windy Hill, but an even bigger part hopes Power has other irons in the fire and recognises we have the whip hand here.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

13. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Just watched. Hard to say when half the questions have been cut. I’m not convinced he’s leaving.
    I'm not convinced he's leaving but I'm 100% convinced he is seriously considering it. And that is a terrible look for the club.

Unless we get an outstanding result in the trade, I'd much rather we hold him and get a fantastic season out of him next year. He won't regress on his 2020 output so will be worth just as much if not more in a trade next year. Alternatively he will tear it up in 2021 and dedicate himself to the Dogs long term like Papley, O'Keefe and numerous others have done in the past.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

15. Likes kruder, Go_Dogs, WBFC4FFC, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    As a commercial guru of the world where do you see this ending?

At the start I thought we’d extend & renegotiate his contract and give him a small pay bump.

I still hope this is the case but I’m not so sure.
    Bahahahahaha!

I honestly don't know, it's really difficult to tell what EFC can offer us.

I'm probably with you on your original assessment, with the pay bump possibly a bit bigger than you're suggesting.

From the interview I got the impression he's well and truly up to his armpits in both sides, not one or the other.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

17. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I'm not convinced he's leaving but I'm 100% convinced he is seriously considering it. And that is a terrible look for the club.

Unless we get an outstanding result in the trade, I'd much rather we hold him and get a fantastic season out of him next year. He won't regress on his 2020 output so will be worth just as much if not more in a trade next year. Alternatively he will tear it up in 2021 and dedicate himself to the Dogs long term like Papley, O'Keefe and numerous others have done in the past.
    Can’t argue with any of that. Pragmatic position and we’re a pragmatic club. We give ourselves a really good chance to tie him down for the long term now (let’s renegotiate) or at least, another year to prove why he should do that post season 2021. We can’t really lose from this position.

Post Thanks / Like

Still a simple equation for us - only trade him for rich compensation otherwise he stays.

What's compensation? Two first round picks, one of which we flip for Treloar and the other a 2021 first round? First round pick and a player?

20. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What we have here is an opportunity. An opportunity to royally troll Essendon for all of trade week. Then say no.

I think we have to be resolute in putting Dunkley off-limits this year. If we are going to entertain it, we do it next year.

No matter the haul we get offered, the narrative will be that the Bombers got their man and that they have won the trade. We come out as the loser and however untrue it will be claimed that the calls around our culture were correct. It also invites other clubs to come gunning for our contracted players. We have to show them that we will not accept this. Don't let them sense cracks in our foundation.

I think there is a huge risk of potential damage to our brand. What's worse than a club that is already not a destination club?

Next year we can also be more open to draft picks without the likelihood of them being swallowed up. Next year we will have West, Garcia, Lipinski a year further down their development paths.

I say no deal.
    Last edited by The Adelaide Connection; 04-11-2020 at 12:13 AM.

22. Likes jeemak, Twodogs, hujsh liked this post