Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 89 of 263 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293949596979899139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 3937

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    If Treloar was on a three year contract I might hold a different option, but 5 years at $900k (the last two years at ages 31 & 32) is a massive risk. Burst players past age 30 are a real gamble.
    Why the hell did Collingwood do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but why does his current contract have to continue? His contact is with Collingwood, not us. Why can’t we sign him for a two year contract? The first where Collingwood pay part of the salary, and the second where we are responsible. If he is still worth the coin after two years we re-negotiate.
    If you had his contract would you walk away and renegotiate those sort of dollars.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Excuse my ignorance, but why does his current contract have to continue? His contact is with Collingwood, not us. Why can’t we sign him for a two year contract? The first where Collingwood pay part of the salary, and the second where we are responsible. If he is still worth the coin after two years we re-negotiate.
    That is Treloar's choice, but I doubt there's a player in the competition that would give up a 5 x $900k contract so his current club can push him out the door.
    The senior players at Collingwood are apparently unhappy at his treatment and he's a likeable guy by all accounts, if he goes back the wedge will be between players and management.

Ideally we keep Dunkley for at least 12 months and don't get Treloar. It helps us and seriously hurts both Essendon and Collingwood. What's not to love?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

3. Likes hujsh, 1eyedog, Twodogs, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess the player would need to be comfortable with that, or he can stick with the Pies and the current contract. I doubt he’d go from his current contract to a 2 year one. Players sign long term deals for certainty... particularly in the post 30 years period of their career.

Post Thanks / Like

He's indicated that he won't renegotiate the value of his contract
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Nor should he. From the outside looking in Treloar has done nothing wrong except act in good faith when Collingwood approached him to help them out with their salary cap issue.

Now he is being stooged.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

7. Likes EasternWest, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Yeah he would be stupid to do so. We are on here saying we can understand Dunks wanting to jump ship for an extra 200k a season and then in the same thread asking if Treloar will give up > $1m

9. Likes EasternWest, Mofra, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sam Edmund reckons Treloar to us is unlikely

Tom Browne reckons we’re interested

Rational me hates that I care and wants someone to wake me up when it’s Friday
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

11. Likes azabob, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Browne is trying to will the Dunkley trade into existence and thinks that us getting Treloar means no one gets their feelings hurt.

But, it should be acknowledged that Edmund isn’t exactly not full of shit either.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Browne is trying to will the Dunkley trade into existence and thinks that us getting Treloar means no one gets their feelings hurt.

But, it should be acknowledged that Edmund isn’t exactly not full of shit either.
    Yep - footy media is exhausting
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Just like trade radio saying Saad is worth pick 8 and a sweetener but Dunkley is worth only pick 8. Sometimes the media make me never want to have anything to do with footy.

15. Likes The Pie Man liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Saad's heaps good. Way better than JJ.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Nor should he. From the outside looking in Treloar has done nothing wrong except act in good faith when Collingwood approached him to help them out with their salary cap issue.

Now he is being stooged.
    But that is the reason clubs aren't lining up for him. There would be at least 4 Melbourne based clubs wanting to bring him in if he had 5 years at 650K they needed to accommodate.

Collingwood offer players a bundle, 12 months later ask them to back end the contract and then in this instance it becomes an inhibiting factor for trades. Players and managers should tread carefully with them going forward
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

If you forgive my assumptions and bias. I thought I'd try to tie in all the possible trades into a mega fantasy league type trade. There's an infinite amount of paths the trade period could go, so I've been mucking around with this theory of a path trying to balance it out for all clubs to walk away feeling good about it. It's split up to follow it a bit more easily. So it might look a little imbalance in individual points, but the summary is where it's at.

Essendon: Pick 6 & 7 to Dogs - for - Dunkley & 14 (Essendon add more as per below)
    Essendon: Pick 14 & 73 - for - Caldwell & Pick 52 (GWS would take it I think)
    Dogs: Picks 6, 7, 54, Future 2nd & Young - for - Pick 2 & 28 (Hannan through the Ben Brown trade) (North fast track their rebuild)
    Essendon: Pick 29 & Future 3rd - for - Fantasia & Future 2nd (Seems fair. Dodoro wants more, and the 2021 swap is minor but surely enough)
    Essendon: Future 2nd - for Wright (GCS will take this)
    Carlton: Saad & Pick 48 - for - Pick 8 (With the pick swaps below, it's better again)
    Dogs: Treloar (plus salary) & Future 4th - for - Future First (Good for Collingwood & Treloar)
    Carlton: Pick 48 & 51 - for - Dogs Pick 41 (136 Draft Point Gain) (as above)
    Dogs: Pick 28 & Future 4th - for - Crows Picks 33, 56 & 66 (160 Draft Point Gain)
    Dogs: Pick 33 - for - Pick 41 traded above to Carlton to make Saad trade happen (151 point reduction)
    Essendon: Pick 52 (246 points to replace the 151 point reduction directly above = net 95 up) - added to - Dogs
    Brisbane: (if The Age is correct) Martin - for - Pick 90 or DFA

Wash Up:

Carlton: Saad & Pick 33 (Pick 8 - A 25 pick downgrade) (Surely that a fair outcome)

GWS: First Rounder (Caldwell) (They want a top 10, but Pick 14 is fair)

Essendon: Dunkley, Caldwell, Wright, Picks 8 - 2021: First & Second Rounders in tact. Players swapped are Saad, Daniher, Fantasia. The players brought in are what they need, and because of the injuries of Daniher & Fantasia, they are bringing in more reliable talent and taking a top 10 pick to the draft. Winners...

North: Picks 6, 7, 54, Future 2nd, La Young (Picks 2 & 28) - North going into the draft with 6, 7, 11, 26, 54, banking our Future Second & will be getting good picks for Higgins etc.

Adelaide: Pick 28 & Future 4th - for - Picks 33, 56, 66 (to Dogs) - Moving up the order at the expense of risky later picks this year with 1, 9, 22, 23, 28, 40 and other trades to come.

Dogs: Pick 2, Treloar, Hannan, Martin, Future 4th X 1 (Collingwood) (for 2 X First Rounders, Future Second & Fourth and Dunkley & La Young) - Picks 41, 48, 51, 52, 56 & 66 draft points (1,313) traded to cover the draft points needs of JUH (circa 1,300 - 1,600 points after discount or so needed). We'd need 10 spots (7 picks and 3 trades). We'd have 6 with Dunkley & La Young out. So four more players delisted and/or traded (delistees who could be re-drafted if so desired). Another trade for a mid to mid-to-late Second Round Pick would have us almost certainly avoid a deficit. Names on here have been Dale, Schache or Richards. I could live with an aggressive year this year and a slower paced year next year.

I know I'm crazy, but does everyone now end up with a positive outcome?

Dogs:

Gain: Treloar, Hannan, Martin (if The Age is correct), Pick 2 (ie Hollands), JUH, MacPherson & Raak if wanted, No Deficit
    Cost: Dunkley, La Young, Potentially Another Player, 2020 & 2021 First Rounders and 2021 Second Rounder
    Draft: Next year would be relatively bare. Perhaps a couple of trades over this and next year could bring in some picks, especially if the U/18 pups Darcy, West & West look like we might want them as Father/Sons next year. A 3rd and a couple of 4ths provide some insurance though.

Practically speaking, main changes:

Dunkley - Treloar
    Hannan - La Young
    Martin - JT (if The Age is correct about Martin)
    Pick 2 - Pick 14 & Pick 14-18 (circa next year)
    JUH with no deficit - another trade player and our draft hand plus a future Second Rounder
    MacPherson if wanted
    Raak if wanted
    Three draftees and/or re-drafted delisted players

It won't happen. We seem to be looking to down the order in a more traditional approach, not the GWS approach, which is fine. But we could be the key to release a lot of bigger trades in this theory of the case.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

19. Thanks Happy Days, bornadog, cinder, Topdog, 1eyedog, ratsmac thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If Treloar is too complex and there isn't another serious player to be had then Dunkley has to stay. Pick 8 even if it's turned into a first-round next year not interested. Be strong Sammy.

21. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You are unbelievable BT
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.