Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 36 of 263 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

The first sentence of that article broke my brain.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

2. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Far out these pro-Essendon media outlets are sickening. There is nothing in this article other than pure speculation.

"If he did officially ask for a trade, the Dogs would need to consider the ramifications of holding him against his contract and what it did for player morale."

I mean come on. I bet they were congratulating the bummers’ hard stance with Daniher last year.

4. Likes bornadog, WBFC4FFC, GetDimmaBack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    The first sentence of that article broke my brain.
    How about when they mention Josh's brother, also named Josh?

Post Thanks / Like

Well, you know, there was some groundbreaking information shared that hadn't already been shared endlessly these past few days. Josh is in Noosa!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Might be overly optimistic, but it has occurred to me that this is all 4D chess by Dunks to get his brother (Josh) onto a list again.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

8. Likes soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if we were happy to let Josh go (which we clearly are not), it's going to be very tough for Essendon to get both the Caldwell and Dunkley deals done with the restrictions on trading their first round picks this year and next.

Daniher deal won't help Dons' Caldwell snag

An end-of-first round compensation pick for free agent Joe Daniher would not count as one of the two first-round picks Essendon must use over a rolling four-year period at the NAB AFL Draft.

The AFL sent a memo to clubs on Monday reiterating rules on trading future picks, with the Bombers and Hawks the only clubs ineligible to offload their first picks although they can apply for an exception.

The rule exists to stop clubs from trading themselves into long-term list pain by continually moving out top picks.

It means the Bombers, who will be one of the busiest clubs in the trade period, will not be allowed to trade their first pick (No.6 overall) this year or next year's future pick until they get another one in, likely meaning that a deal for Giant Jye Caldwell will have to wait. They are also pursuing contracted Bulldogs midfielder Josh Dunkley.

Post Thanks / Like

Dodo really will be bringing a tooth pick to a knife fight this trade season.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Down at the Herald Sun

12. Likes bornadog, WBFC4FFC, soupman, hujsh, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    AFL trade news: Josh Dunkley is considering a long-term offer from Essendon after his midfield role diminished at the Dogs this year

Over the entire season Dunkley played 14 per cent on the wing, 43 per cent in the midfield and 43 per cent as a small-forward.

But in the final he played 70 per cent forward and attended only five centre-bounces in a 13-possession, one-goal performance.
    And how much time did Dustin Martin or Patrick Dangerfield play forward/midfield during the finals? Players should always play where best for the team, not where the player wants to play.

On a separate note, what are the Bummers proposing to pay Kyle? Maybe he is being offered $750K too (to be shared by the family)?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

14. Likes bornadog, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How about when they mention Josh's brother, also named Josh?
    Josh be elder and Josh the younger. I wonder what happened to Kyle though?

Actually maybe Essington got Kyle to change his name by deedpoll so they can tell their dickhead supporters that they recruited Josh Dunkley? "Hey, we never at any stage said which Josh Dunkley we wanted. Everyone just assumed it was the Bulldogs' Josh Dunkley"

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    And how much time did Dustin Martin or Patrick Dangerfield play forward/midfield during the finals? Players should always play where best for the team, not where the player wants to play.
    Exactly. Coaches coach, players play.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

16. Thanks SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there any actual statements from either club about this, seems to be just reporters making up things .
    Bring back the biff

18. Likes GetDimmaBack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Josh be elder and Josh the younger. I wonder what happened to Kyle though?

Actually maybe Essington got Kyle to change his name by deedpoll so they can tell their dickhead supporters that they recruited Josh Dunkley? "Hey, we never at any stage said which Josh Dunkley we wanted. Everyone just assumed it was the Bulldogs' Josh Dunkley"
    Dodo: "I told you we'd win trade week. Hashtag whatever it takes".
    "It's over. It's all over."

20. Likes WBFC4FFC, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if we were happy to let Josh go (which we clearly are not), it's going to be very tough for Essendon to get both the Caldwell and Dunkley deals done with the restrictions on trading their first round picks this year and next.

Daniher deal won't help Dons' Caldwell snag

An end-of-first round compensation pick for free agent Joe Daniher would not count as one of the two first-round picks Essendon must use over a rolling four-year period at the NAB AFL Draft.

The AFL sent a memo to clubs on Monday reiterating rules on trading future picks, with the Bombers and Hawks the only clubs ineligible to offload their first picks although they can apply for an exception.

The rule exists to stop clubs from trading themselves into long-term list pain by continually moving out top picks.

It means the Bombers, who will be one of the busiest clubs in the trade period, will not be allowed to trade their first pick (No.6 overall) this year or next year's future pick until they get another one in, likely meaning that a deal for Giant Jye Caldwell will have to wait. They are also pursuing contracted Bulldogs midfielder Josh Dunkley.
    So what exactly will the Bummers be offering for Josh? The Daniher compo pick? Methinks that they have played a very good game of destabiliing the player, which will force us to either blink and fold or hold firm and probably up the ante with Josh. as good as Josh is, I don't think he is elite. Awkward kick, which means his primary disposal will always be his hands. If you compare him to "elite" mid/forwards - Dusty, Neale, Bont, Kelly, Coniglio, Dangerfield, Ablett.......they all hurt by foot and by covering the ground with pace/accelleration. He doesn't.

He is an important piece in our team and our leadership group. He is versatile. If he leaves, he makes room for Lippa, Westy, who will both move into Libba's shoes in a couple of years time. personally, I like Dunks and want him to stay, but I think we can cover him.

22. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to be sacreligeous here. Please don't burn me at the stake.

This story is starting to stink pretty bad. Look up in the sky and the vultures are circling. The jackals are hovering.

I don't like it but I'm slowly starting to think this deal is creeping closer and closer to actually happening.

But....... Is it something we can turn in to a positive. I love Dunks. I also loved Leon Cameron. I loved Ryenne Griffhorn. I loved Jake Stringer. I loved Adam Cooney.

But if we have to lose one person from our midfield who do you choose. Bont? Macrae? B.Smith? Libba? Hunter? West? (speculative)

If Dunks chooses to go.........and believe me, I hope he doesn't. But if he does........we have to turn it into a positive. Dunks is heart and soul. An inside mid beast. If we can turn that into outside skill and pace. That could be a silver lining?

And also it's HIS decision not like the Treloar scenario where he's being shunted out which has REALLY pissed off Collingwood supporters.

I will surmise by saying I hope Dunkley stays. But if he pulls that trigger. We need to turn it into a positive and I Think we can.

Inside muscle and dodgy kicking for outside pace and great foot skills is something I would welcome.

24. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    So what exactly will the Bummers be offering for Josh? The Daniher compo pick? Methinks that they have played a very good game of destabiliing the player, which will force us to either blink and fold or hold firm and probably up the ante with Josh. as good as Josh is, I don't think he is elite. Awkward kick, which means his primary disposal will always be his hands. If you compare him to "elite" mid/forwards - Dusty, Neale, Bont, Kelly, Coniglio, Dangerfield, Ablett.......they all hurt by foot and by covering the ground with pace/accelleration. He doesn't.

He is an important piece in our team and our leadership group. He is versatile. If he leaves, he makes room for Lippa, Westy, who will both move into Libba's shoes in a couple of years time. personally, I like Dunks and want him to stay, but I think we can cover him.
    See what the Bummers are doing again, like they did with Stringer? The pick we want won't be available. Destabilising the player and then saying this is all we have to offer. Surely Dunks can see through this?!?!