Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 38 of 263 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Essendon's first pick and Tippa would be the minimum I'd accept for Dunks if we decide to cave and let him go.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes Rocket Science, Happy Days, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How about

Essendon give pick 7 to Collingwood
    Collingwood give Treloar and Mihocek to dogs
    Dogs give Dunkley to Essendon.

Collingwood WANT treloar out, so getting in essence pick 7 for treloar and mihocek is fair in my books.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    If dunks wanted to stay he would’ve stomped on this story last week. He didn’t, so has obviously given this a lot of thought. If we are losing someone like dunks, then surely something stinks within the club.
    Why does something stink within the club? If someone is offering a significant (and I mean significant) pay increase then this would be a tempting proposition. It is very hard to turn down especially given the short timespan of a football career. I tend to feel we look at things way too deeply when really the reason is simple. Money talks.

5. Likes Bulldog4life, bornadog, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If its true he wants out. I really think the club has to think strategically on this.
    We categorically stick hard with him staying and completing his contract UNLESS the offer is unreservedly too good to knock back, and leaves us strategically in a better place.
    Otherwise, I'd like to hope Dunks as a professional is able to complete his obligations to us without any grievance.

7. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Why does something stink within the club? If someone is offering a significant (and I mean significant) pay increase then this would be a tempting proposition. It is very hard to turn down especially given the short timespan of a football career. I tend to feel we look at things way too deeply when really the reason is simple. Money talks.
    That might be the case, but dunks is absolutely loved at the club isn’t he? He always looked like he would’ve been a 250 gamer. He looked happy on the field and he’s got some great mates there. I think there’s got to be something within the club. I hope I’m wrong, but yeah even though money talks, I’m not sure why you would essentially leave a good “home” to go to Essendon with all their offfield issues over the last 3-4 years in particular.

Post Thanks / Like

Until I see an official statement from Dunks, the Dogs or Pickering I'm still chalking this one upto Essendon feeding their mouth pieces to blab as much crap as possible to cause an upset. Dunkley IS on holiday at the moment, hopefully that's why he hasn't come out and squashed this.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

10. Likes ledge liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    If its true he wants out. I really think the club has to think strategically on this.
    We categorically stick hard with him staying and completing his contract UNLESS the offer is unreservedly too good to knock back, and leaves us strategically in a better place.
    Otherwise, I'd like to hope Dunks as a professional is able to complete his obligations to us without any grievance.
    Yeah, surely that's the only way it plays out if we're being smart. Dunks isn't going to sit out for 2 years because we won't faciliate a trade.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

There’s no way we don’t cave. We should accept nothing less than the 2021 first and AMT or Draper. If they can get Cooney’s supertrade to work except with Ladhams instead of that other guy then that would work too.

We will end up with one first round pick mark it down.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

No matter how you look at it, it's concerning that Dunks wants to leave. We're now not only unable to attract star talent, but we're also losing it. And losing it to a team that doesn't have a bright future.

14. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Stephen Silvagni said on SEN this morning that Dunkley has met with Bevo, Granty and Peter Gordon and told them he wants to go.
    It must be a good offer he's getting. I can't quite get my head around this one on the face of it. He appeared happy and was highly regarded with us....

Considering we are quite conservative with our list this may have a silver lining in that it brings in some high calibre players of need, but there's part of me that's quite concerned with the way this is playing out and the potential precedent it sets.

I have faith our guys can get us an appropriate deal, failing that we have two years to change Josh's mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    There’s no way we don’t cave. We should accept nothing less than the 2021 first and AMT or Draper. If they can get Cooney’s supertrade to work except with Ladhams instead of that other guy then that would work too.

And the trade will go through in the last 30 mins of trade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Stephen Silvagni said on SEN this morning that Dunkley has met with Bevo, Granty and Peter Gordon and told them he wants to go.
    So did they all meet at the Noosa Surf Club over Coronas and a bucket of prawns or is Josh back in Melbourne?

18. Likes Bulldog4life, azabob, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    It must be a good offer he's getting. I can't quite get my head around this one on the face of it. He appeared happy and was highly regarded with us....

Considering we are quite conservative with our list this may have a silver lining in that it brings in some high calibre players of need, but there's part of me that's quite concerned with the way this is playing out and the potential precedent it sets.

I have faith our guys can get us an appropriate deal, failing that we have two years to change Josh's mind.
    Not sure who said it, one of the trade radio nuffies, but read it on a tweet -

They think Dunks has said if you can get me a trade that suits then go for it, if you can't I am happy to stay. That is the reason he is not announcing anything, because the likelihood of a good trade is unknown and then he can save face and say, I was never going.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

20. Thanks Grantysghost, Mofra thanked for this post
    Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

Sheils and Treloar both were 2 first round picks. That should be our minimum. I can see Dunks being The Bummer's captain in the not too distant future....if he goes there. We have a huge whip hand. The 2 year contract. So whether we trade him this season or next season we still hold the upper hand. If Essendon wants him they have to pay huge overs or he stays.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Not sure who said it, one of the trade radio nuffies, but read it on a tweet -

They think Dunks has said if you can get me a trade that suits then go for it, if you can't I am happy to stay. That is the reason he is not announcing anything, because the likelihood of a good trade is unknown and then he can save face and say, I was never going.
    Got a feeling it was Goddard.