Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 42 of 263 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Just saw a clip of someone asking the Bont about Dunkley and he said he isn’t going anywhere.
    Bring back the biff

2. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Just saw a clip of someone asking the Bont about Dunkley and he said he isn’t going anywhere.
    that clip is a good week old
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like I'm starting to change my tune.

I like Dunkley but do you know what else I like? Winning. I'll reserve judgement until we trade him, IF we trade him. We shouldn't lose from this, we either keep an AA mid or we improve our list by other means.

5. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

I like Dunkley but do you know what else I like? Winning. I'll reserve judgement until we trade him, IF we trade him. We shouldn't lose from this, we either keep an AA mid or we improve our list by other means.
    Well the point of the original post (which I deeply regret of course given the current situation where Chef is applying to enter the metropolitan region for "work purposes" but really just to track me down and bash me) was to kind of get out in the open that if you want to make a material change to your list quickly you need to do something pretty drastic......particularly if you're not known as a destination club, like we're not.

Now that you're seeing it the way your are TBB, what would you do if in charge and the decision was made to move him on?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

7. Likes EasternWest, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Well the point of the original post (which I deeply regret of course given the current situation where Chef is applying to enter the metropolitan region for "work purposes" but really just to track me down and bash me) was to kind of get out in the open that if you want to make a material change to your list quickly you need to do something pretty drastic......particularly if you're not known as a destination club, like we're not.

Now that you're seeing it the way your are TBB, what would you do if in charge and the decision was made to move him on?
    At the moment there's a lot of what ifs so it's difficult to answer but we need to know what we need in order to be prepared to let him go. The draft pick situation is complicated by their ban and JUH, plus I don't think we need any more early draft picks if we can help it.

We also need to play the game because there are intangible factors at play too. I'm weary that just letting Dunkley go potentially paves the way for other quality young players on our list to do the same when other clubs come knocking, so there's that.

Ultimately we should tell Dunkley that we really value what he brings, can understand why he's attracted to a large offer from Essendon, but can't afford to let him go unless we're heavily compensated.

It's then up to us to identify what players can fill the void/address our list weaknesses, convince them to come to our club, and for Essendon to help facilitate a trade. That's a lot to ask and the more you think about it the less likely it seems this will happen.

We're playing our cards close to our chest currently which gives me optimism that the club is basically doing something similar to above.

9. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes Grantysghost, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

I'm starting to feel the same. Maybe it's one of the stages of grief ? However at his age, to be held in such high regard by the footy club it's really dissapointing he's had his head turned by another side with two years remaining on a recently inked deal.

It's not like he played as first ruck every week and was competing against Sandilands' mid section in some horrible dystopian version of Gulliver's travels... it was a rare event..this story has grown so many legs it's insane. He did have injuries and was pushed down the order by Libba, that's ok he's 23. By the end of this contract you would think he'd be the inside king at the kennel.

I agree with previous comments this is a smokescreen and he's off for the cash. No issues with that, it's a job but let's call a spade a spade.

Seriously Essendon? I'm querying this boys judgement!

11. Likes jeemak, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The only possible way losing Dunks is a palatable scenario is if we replace him with Treloar, with the filth paying a portion of his salary and with a minimal cost in terms of draft picks. Whilst they are different players, they have comparable talent levels, and frankly our midfield depth cannot afford to lose Dunks if we don't replace him with a ready-made talent.

So Dunks for Treloar, and a MUCH stronger draft hand, is palatable if Dunks is adamant he wants to leave.

I would still much rather we retain one of our best U23 players and future leader.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

13. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Not sure who said it, one of the trade radio nuffies, but read it on a tweet -

They think Dunks has said if you can get me a trade that suits then go for it, if you can't I am happy to stay. That is the reason he is not announcing anything, because the likelihood of a good trade is unknown and then he can save face and say, I was never going.
    Wouldn't be surprised at all if we said to Dunks if someone wants to pay big for you we are ok wIth you going but you need to know we'll need to be suitably compensated.

We can cover Dunks we were playing him as our ruck atm! We are giving up something really good to get something really good.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Age article 6:45pm by Gleeson and Maclure entitled “Daniher could be at the Den by Friday”
    https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...69hl.html?btis

Part about Dunks says “Essendon are very keen on trading for the contracted Bulldogs midfielder, but as yet, Dunkley has not contacted the Dogs asking to be traded and the Bulldogs have insisted he is a required player on a long-term deal and he is going nowhere.”

16. Thanks bornadog, hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    The only possible way losing Dunks is a palatable scenario is if we replace him with Treloar, with the filth paying a portion of his salary and with a minimal cost in terms of draft picks. Whilst they are different players, they have comparable talent levels, and frankly our midfield depth cannot afford to lose Dunks if we don't replace him with a ready-made talent.

So Dunks for Treloar, and a MUCH stronger draft hand, is palatable if Dunks is adamant he wants to leave.

I would still much rather we retain one of our best U23 players and future leader.
    This ^^
    I prefer not to lose Dunks, however if it happens, we can gain an outside mid which we are lacking.

I am confident West can fill some of the inside mid work in the future.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

I'll stand up for you Jee. They'll have to come through me first.

Or second. Maybe.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

19. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Age article 6:45pm by Gleeson and Maclure entitled “Daniher could be at the Den by Friday”
    https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...69hl.html?btis

Part about Dunks says “Essendon are very keen on trading for the contracted Bulldogs midfielder, but as yet, Dunkley has not contacted the Dogs asking to be traded and the Bulldogs have insisted he is a required player on a long-term deal and he is going nowhere.”
    This just shows the BS from the media. Wasn’t there another article or radio program which stated that Dunks had contacted Bevo, Gordon, Bains et al informing them of his desire to play with Essendon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I'll stand up for you Jee. They'll have to come through me first.

Or second. Maybe.
    You're light enough for me to pick up and use as a human shield, so thank you mate!

22. Likes 1eyedog, bornadog, chef, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    This just shows the BS from the media. Wasn’t there another article or radio program which stated that Dunks had contacted Bevo, Gordon, Bains et al informing them of his desire to play with Essendon.
    I think there were reports of him having met with them, but also reports he was in Noosa on holidays. It could be that they did so via video conference.

Post Thanks / Like

I truly hate this time of year. with all its trade implications and bull tish..

Forty two pages of Dunks..... and we haven't yet established whether there is any substance to the story.

Does anybody know ? More and more it seems players come and go, but supporters are forever.

PS: Please don't go Josh, you are way above the toxic dump that is he Bombers..
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

25. Likes Grantysghost, GVGjr, Topdog liked this post