Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    To sum it up, Bont is an “ostrich” as he has his head in the sand and ignoring culture issues, Dunks was very unhappy with JJ and Bruce’s training ethic, and Andrew Dunkley hates Bevo.

about it really.
    I thought it was mentioned somewhere that Dunkley had been upset with culture/training standards since 2017. Does he believe Bruce inherited this in coming to us? It’s also extremely laughable that he would think Essendon don’t have these problems let alone set gold standards. They’d be worse. He’d know what Stringer is like.

So much BS floating around this. Maybe even from the Dunkleys themselves. I’m not going to sit here and deny we have any issues. Our performances would indicate there are some standards not being met. However it wouldn’t be cause to jump ship and thinking no other club has these problems. He wants money. Leaders don’t bail because of such issues.

Also, I know it flies in the face of trying to keep him, but Dunkley should be demoted from the leadership group. How could the playing group continue to follow the example set by someone who wanted to bail? He can set an example on the training track but otherwise he shouldn’t be there in all honesty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    If he requests a trade next year he'd attract a first round pick, and change. The value of a 2021 first rounder is very different to a 2020 first round to us. We're getting our pick in 2020 (JUH) regardless.

I feel like standing our ground with a contracted player was worth a lot more than just draft points too.

I do think we'd let him go next year for a first and second rounder, and it will be interesting to see which clubs approach Josh next year. Essendon may avoid him next year and there are only a couple of suitors who would have the cap space & midfield need for him - North to ask the question if Cunnington's back doesn't come good?
    Agree with this. It could have been any of our top players. No deal while you are contracted sends a good message.

Post Thanks / Like

Andrew seems a different dude and might be to controlling of his children , wasn’t David Cloke the same way ?
    Sometimes parents need to let the children go and make decisions themselves and just be supportive.

It’s strange that we have never heard a player , even Stringer say bad things about Bevo.
    And for Andrew to hate him is irrelevant he isn’t Josh.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Andrew seems a different dude and might be to controlling of his children , wasn’t David Cloke the same way ?
    Sometimes parents need to let the children go and make decisions themselves and just be supportive.

It’s strange that we have never heard a player , even Stringer say bad things about Bevo.
    And for Andrew to hate him is irrelevant he isn’t Josh.
    Do we know it was Andrew for certain? Like 100%. Or could it be a school kid even? I just don't trust BF and never go on it....even for a look.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Do we know it was Andrew for certain? Like 100%. Or could it be a school kid even? I just don't trust BF and never go on it....even for a look.
    I’ve never been on it or looked either im just going on previous posts , but one thing is sure he does get involved in things with his son eg not going to the swans.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I’ve never been on it or looked either im just going on previous posts , but one thing is sure he does get involved in things with his son eg not going to the swans.
    That Swans thing was weird. Any idea what happened? Definitely someone who can have a beef and hold it. Can't get why he doesn't like Bevo.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    That Swans thing was weird. Any idea what happened? Definitely someone who can have a beef and hold it. Can't get why he doesn't like Bevo.....
    I think he was upset because he didn't get a job as kicking coach or something when he retired.

Here's a bit of an insight:

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/afl-new...6-63ae5abccc28

Felt that he should have had a defencive coaching gig post retirement, moved back to Victoria and possibly became a little bitter.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

8. Likes soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think he was upset because he didn't get a job as kicking coach or something when he retired.

Here's a bit of an insight:

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/afl-new...6-63ae5abccc28

Felt that he should have had a defencive coaching gig post retirement, moved back to Victoria and possibly became a little bitter.
    Well there you go that makes complete sense. Like father like son. Wants something they perhaps aren’t quite deserving of yet and if they don’t get it they crack it and hold resentment. Now I agree Josh should never play ruck but if he wants to be "the man" for our midfield he still has some way to go despite being already decent.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what Andrew ended up doing post footy, though I could understand why his experience may lend to encouraging his kids taking what they can when they can when it comes to extracting value out of a footy career.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I don't know what Andrew ended up doing post footy, though I could understand why his experience may lend to encouraging his kids taking what they can when they can when it comes to extracting value out of a footy career.
    And I totally get that. I’m more disappointed I guess because I thought Josh wasn’t like that. Being a leader of the club and by all reports an upstanding citizen I thought he’d be the loyal type. My opinion has completely changed with him but I won’t hold ill will against him. I suppose I had better get used to zero loyalty.

Post Thanks / Like

The proposed 2nd trade period won't be going ahead, so Dunks is a confirmed Bulldog for 2021.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

13. Likes Bulldog4life, SquirrelGrip, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    No. In fact the opposite is true. I hardly ever check BF out these days. But when I heard about this I went and checked it out.
    There are some pretty average wanna be Sherlock Holmes on there, who think they've cracked the case based on a few very specious arguments.
    Some senior moderators have come out and categorically said the posts were not from the Dunkley's.
    I just don't think a fairly calculated man like Andrew Dunkley could be bothered engaging with a bunch of Big Footy numpties. AD comes across very much as a cards close to the chest kind of guy.

15. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    The proposed 2nd trade period won't be going ahead, so Dunks is a confirmed Bulldog for 2021.
    It was laughable really. Clubs working to a deadline, possibly taking unders to get a deal done that they wouldn't have if there was a second period. You can imagine they'd be pretty peeved if they turned around and said, ah well that was just the first deadline.... PSYCHE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    No. In fact the opposite is true. I hardly ever check BF out these days. But when I heard about this I went and checked it out.
    There are some pretty average wanna be Sherlock Holmes on there, who think they've cracked the case based on a few very specious arguments.
    Some senior moderators have come out and categorically said the posts were not from the Dunkley's.
    I just don't think a fairly calculated man like Andrew Dunkley could be bothered engaging with a bunch of Big Footy numpties. AD comes across very much as a cards close to the chest kind of guy.
    Thanks YHT.

Post Thanks / Like

I have it from people within the footy industry that Dunkley Senior is a troublemaker and a massive pain in the arse so sounds as though Josh may be getting some bad advice from within the family.

19. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes SonofScray, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post