Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 46 of 263 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    With the pensioners row they're assembling can Geelong afford to let go off Clark?
    Surely they trade him out until he matures to fit their age profile.

Of course he will remember how great it is in Geelong and want to return when he is 30.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

2. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

''Hearing that Dunkley is staying and we can expect an announcement of a contract extension soon...
    Stay tuned''

^ A known insider at the Dogs posting on BigFooty -
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

4. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Likes The Underdog, bornadog, hujsh, cinder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    ''Hearing that Dunkley is staying and we can expect an announcement of a contract extension soon...
    Stay tuned''

Excellent if true.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Excellent if true.
    If true, hope it does not set an example where someone threaten's to break a contract to hold the Club to ransom. What would stop Smith, Naughton and others doing likewise?

7. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WBFC4FFC View Post
    If true, hope it does not set an example where someone threaten's to break a contract to hold the Club to ransom. What would stop Smith, Naughton and others doing likewise?

This is what pisses me off most, if the club is so scared to lose him just say NO, don't go and throw more money at him mid-contract.

9. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Stay tuned''

With all due respect I would place a "Known insider at the Dogs" from Bigfooty on about the same credibility rung as Ricky Nixon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    With all due respect I would place a "Known insider at the Dogs" from Bigfooty on about the same credibility rung as Ricky Nixon.
    I put them pretty much equal to the majority of AFL media at this time of year, aka, might know, might not, who knows.

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't agree with this more.

I'd be annoyed if we bent over backwards to retain Josh (who I like a lot but think we can "afford" to lose") only for others to take advantage of a set precedent.
    "It's over. It's all over."

13. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Particularly when he only recently signed his contract which he must have been happy with.

Post Thanks / Like

Likewise, what's stopping rivals lobbing ambit claims thinking; if we get him, great, if we don't, we just squeezed their payroll a little more.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

16. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It does sometimes feel like we’re the only club with a salary cap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    It does sometimes feel like we’re the only club with a salary cap.
    I reckon Collingwood might have one, GWS as well.

Post Thanks / Like

So if the speculation is correct, and I'm not sure that it is, that we've won Dunkley over because of a revised contract offer we might be creating some trouble for ourselves. Have we just handed a blueprint to other quality players and their managers on how we can be inspired to revise contracts?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

20. Likes EasternWest, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    So if the speculation is correct, and I'm not sure that it is, that we've won Dunkley over because of a revised contract offer we might be creating some trouble for ourselves. Have we just handed a blueprint to other quality players and their managers on how we can be inspired to revise contracts?
    I guess it depends on how we've structure things. Maybe if he's extended another 3 years we've some room to move.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Exactly. Why extend him? He's got 2 years left for goodness sake! I really hope this isn't true, like you said another player sees this who is under contract and says "What about me?" Hold him to his contract or trade him.