Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 41 of 263 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    And yet one of our influential young leaders wants to go there apparently?
    Harking back to your earlier question about how this would reflect on Beveridge and his game plan. This would be a tipping point for me. Not for him to go, but for a very strong internal discussion about whether we need to reconsider our club's strategic direction.
    I'm concerned that if Dunkley goes, it puts a very big bullseye on players like Baz Smith, Naughton & English who will all have big money thrown at them. We can't compete on $$$ and must compete on the story and direction we're selling.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, josie, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Given our struggles to attract anyone under the age of 27+, I doubt it.
    I agree, I just can’t think of anyone that would wanna come to us, or a player that their team would trade anyway.
    Howard was the one we had to get. Not to be unfortunately.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    If we lose Dunks and it's as much about reduced midfield minutes and being used in the ruck than it is about the financial offer does this now get addressed with Bevo or do we accept that his views should be supported?
    He needs to be hauled in and put over the coals even if Dunks stays. It's inexcusable that his ridiculous game plan was supported through out this season and who ever was behind the decisions to go the Tim English or bust route need to be hauled in with him.

5. Likes DOG GOD, Max469, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I'm concerned that if Dunkley goes, it puts a very big bullseye on players like Baz Smith, Naughton & English who will all have big money thrown at them. We can't compete on $$$ and must compete on the story and direction we're selling.
    We should be able to compete on $$$. We can't land big fish because we are reluctant to part with $$$ because we want to keep our young players happy. Yet here we are facing a young player wanting to leave for $$$.

Post Thanks / Like

Dunks will get close to $650,000 next contract at the dogs. Next season you will find Dunks plays a higher percentage on ball time plus won't be rucking as he will be fully fit. That is virtually what he wants. He will be a doggie for life and a 2nd premiership player...that is what I would like to see.

8. Likes bornadog, Doggy, WBFC4FFC, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Dunks will get close to $650,000 next contract at the dogs. Next season you will find Dunks plays a higher percentage on ball time plus won't be rucking as he will be fully fit. That is virtually what he wants. He will be a doggie for life and a 2nd premiership player...that is what I would like to see.
    We can always extend his contract thus putting more pressure on the bombers to piss off
    Bring back the biff

10. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stevo was asked on RSN what jumper will Dunkley be in next year. Answer: Bulldogs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Stevo was asked on RSN what jumper will Dunkley be in next year. Answer: Bulldogs.
    ..remember he is a Bulldogs fan.

That wouldn't cloud his judgement like all the flag waving Essington fans in media jobs.. would it??
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

If we lose Dunks and it's as much about reduced midfield minutes and being used in the ruck than it is about the financial offer does this now get addressed with Bevo or do we accept that his views should be supported?
    I'm hoping it's the straw that breaks the camels back at the kennel. I love what Bevo has done and really want him to coach us going forward but Dunkley rucking over multiple years is absolutely ridiculous. I'm hoping that its a close shave and he stays and Bevo can have a good hard think about his flexibility mantra which has gone too far.

I'm not saying we should cave to every player wanting to play midfield, we need players to play their role where it best suits the team but we seem to spend the first half of the season flicking players all over the joint and not knowing what our best 22 is. Clearly, Dunkley playing ruck is not the best thing for him and the team, just like playing Crozier forward in the Final after he spent 3 years in defence just to accommodate Easton Wood who was completely out of form.

We need to get the balance right, I can easily seem this team pushing into top 4 contention with a few tweaks, but I can also see a scenario where clubs come for our elite talent and we continue to swim against the tide.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post

That wouldn't cloud his judgement like all the flag waving Essington fans in media jobs.. would it??
    Hope not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    And yet one of our influential young leaders wants to go there apparently?
    Harking back to your earlier question about how this would reflect on Beveridge and his game plan. This would be a tipping point for me. Not for him to go, but for a very strong internal discussion about whether we need to reconsider our club's strategic direction.
    I like Bevo to have strong views but we have called this out as an issue for too long and he seems very invested in it.
    Sometimes the boss just needs to say sorry mate we are going in an another direction. Bevo will suck it up and accept it if this is one of the main contributing factors to Dunkley exploring his options elsewhere
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post

I have heard of this phenomena where apparently some peoples views are clouded because they support a side, I can't say I've witnessed this here on WOOF but it's possible that some in the media express their views with a tilt to support their club
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

17. Likes WBFC4FFC, Topdog, 1eyedog, AshMac, Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Bevo to have strong views but we have called this out as an issue for too long and he seems very invested in it.
    Sometimes the boss just needs to say sorry mate we are going in an another direction. Bevo will suck it up and accept it if this is one of the main contributing factors to Dunkley exploring his options elsewhere
    If this is true, then he can go. It is a team sport and you play where your coach asks you to play. Whether we think it is right or wrong.

What I know of Dunkley, this would not be the reason.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gee maybe I'm very naive but i still just can't see Dunkley going

21. Thanks Funke disco thanked for this post
    Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not like a player would look for a convenient narrative to you know, take the focus away from leaving for money and getting his brother a game or anything...……

I don't like Dunkley playing ruck by the way, I just don't see it as the reason or barely a contributing factor for him going. It's just money.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.