Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley? Not tonight Josephine.

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    100% going to the Bombres. The prospect of being Captain (a very real proposition), money and playing in front of huge crowds will be miles in front of staying at the club he won a Premiership with and where his best friend plays. Josh will put money and career before loyalty and friends easily.
    Dunkley doesn't exhibit a captains image or attitude from my perspective. Leadership yes, but not necessarily the captain.
    I hope we can keep him and add others to the list.

I also hope he doesn't have those selfish attributes you have detailed.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    If losing Dunks allows us to fill major holes with Lobb and Logue, when do we book Josh’s Uber to Tullamarine?
    I mean, I take your point but I think Dunkley is a considerably better player than those two. Would be a big blow to lose him, especially given the age profile of our mids probably needing a guy at his age to be a lead horse when Bont and Macrae are winding down.

But - if we can somehow get Dunkley to Essendon and leave with their pick 3, and get Logue and Lobb in, all for the same money? The lid is never getting put back on.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Libba can't go on forever. We need Dunks to stay. Will only get better too.

4. Likes Sedat, angelopetraglia, bornadog, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    That's an excellent point and one more injury would really start to test the depth.
    We all understand the need to give something good to get something good and address any gaps, but does that mean it would be Dunks.
    What would we get in return for him leaving? Would we get a first round compensation if a deal couldn't be struck or could we talk a team into a 1st and 2nd rounder?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    That's an excellent point and one more injury would really start to test the depth.
    We all understand the need to give something good to get something good and address any gaps, but does that mean it would be Dunks.
    What would we get in return for him leaving? Would we get a first round compensation if a deal couldn't be struck or could we talk a team into a 1st and 2nd rounder?
    Dunkley isn't a free agent.

7. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

100% going to the Bombres. The prospect of being Captain (a very real proposition), money and playing in front of huge crowds will be miles in front of staying at the club he won a Premiership with and where his best friend plays. Josh will put money and career before loyalty and friends easily.
    Dunkley doesn't exhibit a captains image or attitude from my perspective. Leadership yes, but not necessarily the captain.

I don't think putting your professional career and the chance of captaining a club is selfish. Especially if it can get that second house for you.

Dunkley might also argue that given Bont was always the logical captain any aspirations he may have had in that space were snuffed out before he even arrived at the club.

Sure he's difficult to like sometimes and seems like a bit of a square, but he'd probably be a pretty good captain.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

9. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I don't think putting your professional career and the chance of captaining a club is selfish. Especially if it can get that second house for you.

Dunkley might also argue that given Bont was always the logical captain any aspirations he may have had in that space were snuffed out before he even arrived at the club.

Sure he's difficult to like sometimes and seems like a bit of a square, but he'd probably be a pretty good captain.
    He kind of feels like a 2IC honestly. Just the vibe I get para-socially.

Post Thanks / Like

He's going to Essendon though, yeah? And besides, there was strong speculation the Captaincy was part of the last package. Maybe that's changed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Swans didn't want him and he wants to leave the team that did that he won a premiership with.

He's not sentimental thats for sure and his very strange relationship with Treloar won't be a factor in his decision.

It will be the cold hard.

I still think he will stay (he hasn't rucked once he wins) but no shock if he doesn't.

13. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunks will stay…he won’t leave Adz
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Dunks will stay…he won’t leave Adz
    His GF is interstate.

Post Thanks / Like

For me B Smith (if he can control his temper) is a potential captain in waiting and before him I’d say Naughty who loves the club and speaks well. Not sure either would want captaincy and who knows what goes on behind closed doors but both seem respected and loved and both seem to offer leadership on the field. Tim speaks well too & is clearly and intelligent fella, so if he stays on after 2 years when he is a free agent he is possibly another captain candidate. I think Dunks has done his dash regarding captaincy with the Bombre fiasco a few years ago.

Perhaps a new thread is warranted about potential future club leaders incl. Captain role?

Post Thanks / Like

He's going to Essendon though, yeah? And besides, there was strong speculation the Captaincy was part of the last package. Maybe that's changed.
    Is that still a strong rumor? Has any player of Dunkley's ability gone to a club as the captain?
    Mind you I never really rated Ward to be a potential captain and he has stood the test of time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    West is a ready-made replacement for the midfield role, given the similarities of his game to Libba and Dunks.

Good on West for being able to make the Seniors forward of the ball currently.

19. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WBFC4FFC View Post
    West is a ready-made replacement for the midfield role, given the similarities of his game to Libba and Dunks.

Good on West for being able to make the Seniors forward of the ball currently.
    West hasn’t re-signed past this year. Are we sure he’s going to be with us next year?