Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley? Not tonight Josephine.

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Id want 7 and 15 this year for Dunkley. Bris don’t need them so it makes sense.

I’ll be disappointed with anything else.
    They do need points for Ashcroft and possibly Fletcher. Ashcroft alone could cost 2400 points if he is nominated as pick 1 by North and I think their total points for all picks to date are around that.

Check points here
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    Not tonight, Josephine. So begins the media's irritating but predictable underrating of our players at the trade table.

I haven't seen a lot of discussion on exactly how Brisbane are going to get the draft points they need while still offering us something suitable for Dunkley? So far as I can see pick swapping won't get them there and they need to let go of at least one quality player, has anyone seen any reporting on who that might be? We can't become the victim of their problems.
    Matt Rendall put up a very poor plan for Brisbane to get the points required for Ashcroft and Fletcher and to satisfy us for Dunkley but it largely hinged on Brisbane acquiring pick 7 from the Suns and that would be shipped to us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Thanks Scorlibo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Out of interest, what does Gold Coast actually want in return for Bowes and Pick 7? What would be considered a fair trade?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Out of interest, what does Gold Coast actually want in return for Bowes and Pick 7? What would be considered a fair trade?
    It's been suggested a 2nd rounder for next season would be sufficient.

7. Likes Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They're likely to go into a points deficit so their 2023 first rounder becomes less valuable to them.
    Their 2022 picks are likely to be traded down for a points surplus, depending on list spots available.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

9. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In that scenario, I think we would also have to give something back to them. We won't get full market value for Dunks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    In that scenario, I think we would also have to give something back to them. We won't get full market value for Dunks.
    No, ooc and wants to go you have to suck it up and take unders.

The best unders you can get but still unders.

Post Thanks / Like

Matt Rendall put up a very poor plan for Brisbane to get the points required for Ashcroft and Fletcher and to satisfy us for Dunkley but it largely hinged on Brisbane acquiring pick 7 from the Suns and that would be shipped to us.
    I suppose they'd be the leading suitor for Bowes, although given the nature of his exit the Suns might be inclined to take the best offer available, and not worry too much about his origins in QLD. Would certainly help our cause having pick 7 on the table.

Would we accept pick 7 alone? I think I'd take it with some steak knives. Depends on our recruiters' views on which pick gives us best value for nabbing our targets. Top ten picks generally net good players.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    I suppose they'd be the leading suitor for Bowes, although given the nature of his exit the Suns might be inclined to take the best offer available, and not worry too much about his origins in QLD. Would certainly help our cause having pick 7 on the table.

Would we accept pick 7 alone? I think I'd take it with some steak knives. Depends on our recruiters' views on which pick gives us best value for nabbing our targets. Top ten picks generally net good players.
    At minimum I would take pick 7 and next years 2nd round - emphasises is on minimum.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    At minimum I would take pick 7 and next years 2nd round - emphasises is on minimum.
    That is close to the mark of what it will be I think. With maybe picks going back to help with f/s.

Post Thanks / Like

The Age article claiming Brisbane will offer a future first for Dunkley - I guess they will start low.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The Age article claiming Brisbane will offer a future first for Dunkley - I guess they will start low.
    If picks 12 and 19 are going to secure Taranto then a future 1st for Dunks is well unders.

I won't be happy with this but I think we might get their pick 15 and a future 2nd from them.

Pick 7 would be a solid start if they can get that but I don't think they're that committed to it just yet.

Post Thanks / Like

There is plenty saying that next years draft is much stronger than this years. Wonder if Brissy will lean on this fact to drive a hard bargain.

I want a first this year and next. Confident Sammy P will be pushing for the same.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

18. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If picks 12 and 19 are going to secure Taranto then a future 1st for Dunks is well unders.

I won't be happy with this but I think we might get their pick 15 and a future 2nd from them.

Pick 7 would be a solid start if they can get that but I don't think they're that committed to it just yet.
    I think pick 15 and future second which could be in the 30's is well under G.

20. Likes Prince Imperial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I think pick 15 and future second which could be in the 30's is well under G.
    One of the problems of Bevo confirming that Brisbane need to "pony up" is that we now need to make sure they do.
    That might be harder given the commitments to father son picks. #15 and a future 2 nd round pick is a miss.