Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I’ve always hated the title of this thread.

Dunkley had definitely gone up a level in the matches so far. I think i had him pegged as extremely tough but with limitations.. a poor kick, and slow. I noticed he only got above 20 possessions three times last year, and Friday night confirmed for me that he adds something really unique in our midfield. He makes the others look so much better - it was interesting that Bont, Macrae and Treloar were not at their best. I wonder how many smothers we had on Friday night without him?

As a person he went down in my estimation for the way he went about things but you’d have to say his attitude on returning to us couldn’t have been better. It would leave a nasty taste for me if having missed most of ‘21 with injury (recognise not from any fault of his own) and after all the ostentatious Treloar bromance declarations he renewed his request for a trade, but I hope we are able to sign him up before the end of season and preempt the speculation.
    I wasn’t here when this thread was started. Who would be so incredibly horrible to create this thread? I have my cyber rotten fruit ready to throw.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I agree, per my post. But if Dunks asks again and Dodoro offers Pick 4 - which is a pick quality we won’t see for a long time - is it a straight ‘no’ or if a high quality player hits the market worth about Pick 4, would we think about it? While I’m not in favour of trading him, Pick 4 wouldn’t be chump change.
    If Dunks asks again it probably changes the mindset and we would have to consider offers.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    If Dunks asks again it probably changes the mindset and we would have to consider offers.
    Sure we will consider offers. Two first rounders, same as last year, or stop wasting our time. Don't think our mind set will change.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

4. Likes bornadog, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I wasn’t here when this thread was started. Who would be so incredibly horrible to create this thread? I have my cyber rotten fruit ready to throw.
    I've already been cyber bashed over this thread, it'd have to be rotten cyber durian to make an impact at this stage of the game!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

6. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Would I trade Dunkley for Darcy Moore or one of Melbournes two 'twin tower' defenders? Yes.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

8. Likes DOG GOD, 1eyedog, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Josh Dunkley On His Future At The Kennel

Injured midfielder Josh Dunkley spoke with the Sunday afternoon team before his club's contest against Carlton, discussing his future and reasoning for wanting to stay with the Bulldogs.

After requesting a trade to Essendon in the off-season, Dunkley explains that he is pleased to remain with the club who have helped him through a difficult period after undergoing shoulder surgery.

"I feel like my future is settled ... I haven't even thought about anything later on in the year yet." Dunkley confirmed on the Sunday Rub.

Post Thanks / Like

It's weird, he's indispensable just based on how the midfield has come apart since he went out but he's also the player who I'd part with if it would let us secure a big fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Josh Dunkley On His Future At The Kennel

Injured midfielder Josh Dunkley spoke with the Sunday afternoon team before his club's contest against Carlton, discussing his future and reasoning for wanting to stay with the Bulldogs.

After requesting a trade to Essendon in the off-season, Dunkley explains that he is pleased to remain with the club who have helped him through a difficult period after undergoing shoulder surgery.

"I feel like my future is settled ... I haven't even thought about anything later on in the year yet." Dunkley confirmed on the Sunday Rub.
    Yet? Sounds like a bit of spin to me.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Or now Parish has come good Essendon have gone cold. When did I get so cynical.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    100%. It's all business for Dunks. Can't blame him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    It's weird, he's indispensable just based on how the midfield has come apart since he went out but he's also the player who I'd part with if it would let us secure a big fish.
    Honestly, he's still in the "try really really hard to keep" category for me.

Trading is hard. A lot of trades don't work out. If you add "trade someone out to get someone in" the chances of both trades working in your favour drop dramatically.

If someone walks out or is a fringe player moving for more opportunity that's fine, but a best 22 player who is an example on and off the field... there really aren't many of them at every footy club.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I've already been cyber bashed over this thread, it'd have to be rotten cyber durian to make an impact at this stage of the game!
    You've been in cyber purgatory for a hypothetical question long enough I reckon.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley? Not tonight Josephine.

Yet.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

17. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley? Not tonight Josephine.

Dunks has about as much credibility as Scotty from Marketing.

19. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    He is a big fish and still only 24 years old.

PS: Why did Jeemak change the title of this thread
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.