Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley? Not tonight Josephine.

Gave up watching Dees vs lions - looks like lions are in need of a good mid to support Neale.

I know most hope we keep Dunkley but just spitballing: Would lions be interested in one of our mids eg Dunkley (who if he was open to move would at least be moving to a contender & possibly a leadership role too) and if so what could we expect in return? Given their likely too 4 finish you’d think it would involve a player exchange.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Gave up watching Dees vs lions - looks like lions are a good mid to support Neale.

I know most hope we keep Dunkley but just spitballing: Would lions be interested in one of our mids eg Dunkley (who if he was open to move would at least be moving to a contender & possibly a leadership role too) and if so what could we expect in return? Given their likely too 4 finish you’d think it would involve a player exchange.
    Charlie Cameron!

Post Thanks / Like

Coach killer stuff from the Lions.

Clarkson up there you might have a shot.

Jackson's value just doubled.

Post Thanks / Like

Soooo.......what do we want to do when the inevitable happens?

The original post of the thread, which I think gets lost on some was this (and to me remains the same today):

I hate it as a concept because he's a premiership hero but we need to change up our mix in the midfield, as having three see ball get ball midfielders who are all of similar pace and size is leading to us being exposed. Aside from Smith there's a distinct lack of zip in the midfield mix and that needs to change.

To me Jacko and Bont are untouchable, so that unfortunately leaves us with one major card to play to change things up and that's putting Dunkley on the market and seeing whether we can bring in a quick established midfielder (not a world beater, but with defencive cred) and a reasonably high draft pick (early to mid second) to secure another.

The reason that this is necessary to me is that we don't have anyone good enough to replace him in the side and nobody coming through who can materially change the way our midfield operates due to its sameness in personnel.

What does everyone think? What is he worth to us?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Soooo.......what do we want to do when the inevitable happens?

The original post of the thread, which I think gets lost on some was this (and to me remains the same today):

I hate it as a concept because he's a premiership hero but we need to change up our mix in the midfield, as having three see ball get ball midfielders who are all of similar pace and size is leading to us being exposed. Aside from Smith there's a distinct lack of zip in the midfield mix and that needs to change.

To me Jacko and Bont are untouchable, so that unfortunately leaves us with one major card to play to change things up and that's putting Dunkley on the market and seeing whether we can bring in a quick established midfielder (not a world beater, but with defencive cred) and a reasonably high draft pick (early to mid second) to secure another.

The reason that this is necessary to me is that we don't have anyone good enough to replace him in the side and nobody coming through who can materially change the way our midfield operates due to its sameness in personnel.

What does everyone think? What is he worth to us?
    25 and on form our best mid.

I’d be disappointed with less than a 10 to 15 range pick.

Post Thanks / Like

1%er king. We need him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    1%er king. We need him.
    That's not really the point of this iteration of the thread.

From all reports it's likely he's gone, so what do we do if that's the case? How do we leverage a shit situation where we want to keep him to make our list better?

We can't over pay him.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Inside Trading: Third club joins chase for Josh Dunkley, gun Swan Jake Lloyd in talks, McDonald-Tipungwuti's call

www.afl.com.au

Every Thursday AFL.com.au presents Inside Trading, with breaking news and the best analysis of the Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period covering contracts, re-signings, free agents, the NAB AFL Draft and industry insights.

ANOTHER CLUB IN DUNKLEY CHASE

BRISBANE is among the clubs with interest in out-of-contract Western Bulldogs midfielder Josh Dunkley, who is deciding on his future.

A call from Dunkley isn't expected before the end of the Dogs' season, as the Lions, Port Adelaide and Essendon show interest in the ball-getting premiership player.

Inside Trading revealed the Power's interest in the 25-year-old last month, while the Bombers have continued to track Dunkley closely since his attempted trade to Tullamarine at the end of 2020.

The Lions are also understood to be in the mix, with Dunkley having a link in the state where his sister Lara plays netball for the Queensland Firebirds.

The Bulldogs are keen to retain the 2016 flag winner, with AFL.com.au reporting in July of the Dogs' long-term contract offer in front of Dunkley. They have been keen to sign Dunkley for some time, with his signature the remaining piece in a year of important re-signings for the club.

Dunkley has played 20 games for the Dogs this season and averaged 25 disposals and booted 17 goals in a strong campaign. He is a year away from being a free agent, so would need to be traded if he decided to leave the Bulldogs. – Callum Twomey
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 11-08-2022 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Removing non related material

Post Thanks / Like

If Dunkley is going the more clubs into him the better.

10. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

'Fremantle now entering the race for Dunkley, with Dunkley known to have a 3rd cousin who performs interpretive dance in the city every 3rd Tuesday.'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    'Fremantle now entering the race for Dunkley, with Dunkley known to have a 3rd cousin who performs interpretive dance in the city every 3rd Tuesday.'
    You get a Dunkley, you get a Dunkley, everyone gets a Dunkley
    #promotional

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    You get a Dunkley, you get a Dunkley, everyone gets a Dunkley
    #promotional
    Well there are three Dunkleys so in your scenerio this actually could happen.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

14. Likes Grantysghost, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Choosing to move to the state where your sister is playing netball over the one where your girlfriend is playing netball isn’t weird at all.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

16. Likes Grantysghost, jeemak, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    If Dunkley is going the more clubs into him the better.
    Exactly. We need the Saints or Hawks to show some interest.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

What does it matter how many clubs are into him? He’ll just nominate whatever one he wants and we’ll have to deal with them exclusively because clubs are cowards and that’s how it works.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

19. Likes Bulldog4life, hujsh liked this post