Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley? Not tonight Josephine.

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Yeah, this'll be his biggest contract of his career so you can't really blame him for milking it.
    Yes and no without knowing all the details. Sure he and his manager should look at all options but at some point he just needs to say I'm committed to staying or that he is going and I think he's milked that point.

I'm convinced it's more of a game for the managers than it is for the player. Pickering should know if he genuinely wants to stay at the Dogs or if it's just more about getting the maximum contract from a couple off other suitable teams and just let Sam Power know where it's at.

It's just dragged on too long from my perspective.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Likes chef, Nuggety Back Pocket, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Yeah, this'll be his biggest contract of his career so you can't really blame him for milking it.
    That kind of thinking will get you lynched round here.
    "It's over. It's all over."

4. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If Dunks doesn't sign then i'd like to see the "bull" Rhylee West get a crack in the mid field. His awareness and attack on the ball is elite. He will only get better.

6. Likes josie, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    If Dunks doesn't sign then i'd like to see the "bull" Rhylee West get a crack in the mid field. His awareness and attack on the ball is elite. He will only get better.
    I agree but he hasn't signed yet either!!!!! I wonder if he is waiting to see what Dunkley does before putting pen to paper with us?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    I agree but he hasn't signed yet either!!!!! I wonder if he is waiting to see what Dunkley does before putting pen to paper with us?
    I hope you're wrong Mitcha because even if Dunkley stays I still want West in the red, white and blue. He's taken a big step forward this year and I'd hate to see him take another step forward next year somewhere else. His time in the midfield will come.

I quite like JJ but if push came to shove I'd rather keep West than JJ.

9. Likes SonofScray, Mofra, WBFC4FFC, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I hope you're wrong Mitcha because even if Dunkley stays I still want West in the red, white and blue. He's taken a big step forward this year and I'd hate to see him take another step forward next year somewhere else. His time in the midfield will come.

I quite like JJ but if push came to shove I'd rather keep West than JJ.
    Absolutely.

West over JJ 10 times out of 10 at this point and truthfully, from around the time Westy posted about it on FB too. Kid just needed a decent run at it.

11. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Absolutely.

West over JJ 10 times out of 10 at this point and truthfully, from around the time Westy posted about it on FB too. Kid just needed a decent run at it.
    He's grasped his chances this and made an impact. You can't ask for much more.
    This time last year there was a question mark about his future but he has won us over this year and has really slotted into a very young and emerging forward line that is choc full of talent. We should be looking to add to the building blocks of a Western Bulldogs forward line consisting of of Marra, Weightman, Naughton and West.

West needs to be a part of that.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be interested to hear which clubs you think might be in the running for Dunkley's signature?
    Port seems to have flagged their interest. Essendon have a father son pick they need to consider and have indicated they want to use pick 4 for a youngster so it's going to make things hard for them.

What other clubs might be able to get a deal done?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'd be interested to hear which clubs you think might be in the running for Dunkley's signature?
    Port seems to have flagged their interest. Essendon have a father son pick they need to consider and have indicated they want to use pick 4 for a youngster so it's going to make things hard for them.

What other clubs might be able to get a deal done?
    Geel, Rich and Coll have been linked with everyone so I could see one of them maybe, if Port aren’t interested.

Taranto and Hopper are in the gun so to speak but if one of them failed, maybe Dunkley would become a target.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Geel, Rich and Coll have been linked with everyone so I could see one of them maybe, if Port aren’t interested.

Taranto and Hopper are in the gun so to speak but if one of them failed, maybe Dunkley would become a target.
    I think the clubs most likely to be interested in Dunkley are Essendon, Port, Brisbane and maybe Aza is onto something with the Swans.
    Adelaide committing to Rankine probably rules them out and who knows if the Hawks or Saints might be working behind the scenes and they do have some salary cap space.

The most likely are:
    Port have made their intentions known and have an early pick that would probably satisfy us.
    Essendon have significant salary capacity to bring him in but they do appear to be committed to keeping their pick 4 and they will have a couple of father son considerations they will need to manage.
    Brisbane also appear to be interested but they already have a number of midfielders. They also have a couple of father son picks they will need to manage.
    Sydney always appear to keep their targeted players out of the media spotlight and catch everyone off guard. A bigger market might appeal to Dunks.

Post Thanks / Like

Have seen Dunkley a few times stay in Sydney for a holiday, so he likes it here (often with Crozier)
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

On Triple M they said Dunkley is wanting a 5 year deal and Port are willing to offer it. I assume we would as well but perhaps on less $$$.

Is there still bad blood between the Dunkleys and the Swans? If Buddy stays I can't see the Swans being able to bring in any big names anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    On Triple M they said Dunkley is wanting a 5 year deal and Port are willing to offer it. I assume we would as well but perhaps on less $$$.

Is there still bad blood between the Dunkleys and the Swans? If Buddy stays I can't see the Swans being able to bring in any big names anyway.
    If we’re willing to give 5year deals in the past and present to the likes of JJ, Hunter, Macrae, Daniel, Treloar, etc then we should have no issue doing the same with Dunkley.

He is ultra professional and unlike a few on that list has his best footy in front of him.

19. Likes Sedat, azabob, bornadog, chef, Mofra, 1eyedog, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    If we’re willing to give 5year deals in the past and present to the likes of JJ, Hunter, Macrae, Daniel, Treloar, etc then we should have no issue doing the same with Dunkley.

He is ultra professional and unlike a few on that list has his best footy in front of him.
    5 years? Shit I wouldn't even blink.
    "It's over. It's all over."

21. Likes bornadog, Mofra, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sam Edmund now worried that Dunkley is going. Feels the process is taking too long.

He thinks the most likely place if he left is Brisbane. His sister lives up there and they are a good fit.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.