Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Was listening to Pickering being interviewed SEN a little earlier.

Mentioned how he caught up with Dunkley for lunch. Reckons Dunks is pretty flat after the trade fell through. Actually he mentioned that a couple of times. Pickering thought that Essendon’s offer was fair but mentioned that it was the Dogs prerogative to hold firm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post

Mentioned how he caught up with Dunkley for lunch. Reckons Dunks is pretty flat after the trade fell through. Actually he mentioned that a couple of times. Pickering thought that Essendon’s offer was fair but mentioned that it was the Dogs prerogative to hold firm.
    Looking forward to hearing what Dunks has to say. No doubt there will be disappointment the trade did not go ahead but think he is professional enough to put this behind him and make the most of his opportunities.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Looking forward to hearing what Dunks has to say. No doubt there will be disappointment the trade did not go ahead but think he is professional enough to put this behind him and make the most of his opportunities.
    Pickering did indicate as much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post

Would be nice to hear from Dunkley soon with a firm recommitment to the club that gave him his early opportunities & a flag in his first season, and the mates he was prepared to leave.

Not really interested in hearing he’s “flat.”

Though the moment Dunkley runs out with us again he’ll of course have my wholehearted support, I can’t quite forget at the moment that he was prepared to ditch our club while contracted so any ‘woe is me’ narrative from his agent is hitting the wrong tone altogether.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

5. Likes WBFC4FFC, jeemak, westbulldog, hujsh, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post

Though the moment Dunkley runs out with us again he’ll of course have my wholehearted support, I can’t quite forget at the moment that he was prepared to ditch our club while contracted so any ‘woe is me’ narrative from his agent is hitting the wrong tone altogether.
    Yes Dunkley is hardly the victim here (not saying he is trying to be).
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

There are guys that have wanted to move. Then have stayed and are happy. Papley the most recent that comes to mind. Treloar's words and honesty about collingwood were loyal. I believe he loved the club. I reckon he will be bulldog for life now.

Post Thanks / Like

Ryan O'Keefe was jilted during trade week and 12 months later he was a premiership player and Norm Smith medallist
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

My apologies to the club for saying earlier in the post that we would get raped by dunkley deal. Alot of respect to the club and ill fall on my sword there.

10. Likes hujsh, DOG GOD, bornadog, Topdog, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Little Pissy Pants Tom Brown says Dunkley is absolutely Shattered he wasn’t traded.

12. Likes Funke disco liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
    Little Pissy Pants Tom Brown says Dunkley is absolutely Shattered he wasn’t traded.
    Yeah I saw that on C7 news along with the graphic of the deal up on screen.

What part of "two first round picks" is he failing to get through his massive, thick, punchable head? This is not our mess and the narrative that we are somehow the bad guys because we stood up to Essendon is not going to fly.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

14. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How did he manage to say that with our collective balls in his mouth?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

16. Likes Doggy, EasternWest, Sedat, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Yeah I saw that on C7 news along with the graphic of the deal up on screen.

What part of "two first round picks" is he failing to get through his massive, thick, punchable head? This is not our mess and the narrative that we are somehow the bad guys because we stood up to Essendon is not going to fly.
    Yep, I’m waiting for him to to post it on Twitter and will then hammer him until he blocks me!

18. Likes Twodogs, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I’m waiting for him to to post it on Twitter and will then hammer him until he blocks me!
    Sounds like a plan.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    How did he manage to say that with our collective balls in his mouth?
    *Audible gasp*
    "It's over. It's all over."

21. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Ryan O'Keefe was jilted during trade week and 12 months later he was a premiership player and Norm Smith medallist
    Beat me to the punch. Pelchan did the exact same thing to ROK that Dodoro did to Dunkley. ROK made Pelchan regret his lies about doing what it took to get him there in every training session and every game in every season afterwards. Nothing stopping Dunkley from doing the same. Pelchan looked as dumb as Dodoro actually looks.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023