Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley? Not tonight Josephine.

Dunks won't leave

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    So at best he is a restricted free agent. We can match. Not going anywhere unless we get a decent deal.
    No he’s not a free agent but he’s out of contract so if he wants to leave we will have to trade him or lose him for nothing in the PSD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    No he’s not a free agent but he’s out of contract so if he wants to leave we will have to trade him or lose him for nothing in the PSD.
    Where did you find that information
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Where did you find that information
    I don't get it. I thought Free Agency only ever applied to out of Ct players. I thought that as a Restricted Free Agent if he is out of contract we have the right to match a bid and retain a player.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't get it. I thought Free Agency only ever applied to out of Ct players. I thought that as a Restricted Free Agent if he is out of contract we have the right to match a bid and retain a player.
    Free agency doesn't apply immediately. Eg if JHF wants to leave the Roos he'll have to be traded or re-drafted.

Post Thanks / Like

He hasn't been with us long enough to become a Restricted Free Agent.
    Would be 8th or 9th year and in the top 25 percent earners I believe.
    He would qualify next year (his 8th).
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 13-08-2022 at 11:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

We need to retain Dunkley who has become one of our regular good players in a disappointing year. Dunks together with Libba provide the real grunt in the midfield.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that Dunkley will sign the contract he has in that we put in front of him a month or so ago.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Torn on Dunkley. I'd like him to stay but he likes his money & the way it looks to me, if he stays he will be getting more than we hoped to signed him for. He is a fabric of the club type player but his decision making with ball in hand in the midfield can be a lot better.

If he leaves might be a great opportunity to use that money elsewhere while giving someone like West or Garcia more responsibility in the midfield. Both for mine are smarter with the ball & are neater by foot. Would love to see Westy given more responsibility.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    We need to retain Dunkley who has become one of our regular good players in a disappointing year. Dunks together with Libba provide the real grunt in the midfield.
    I agree 100% with that but you would have to think as soon as the season ends his decision will have to be made.
    I don't like the way this has played out and Dunkley is coming across as self centered.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Torn on Dunkley. I'd like him to stay but he likes his money & the way it looks to me, if he stays he will be getting more than we hoped to signed him for. He is a fabric of the club type player but his decision making with ball in hand in the midfield can be a lot better.

If he leaves might be a great opportunity to use that money elsewhere while giving someone like West or Garcia more responsibility in the midfield. Both for mine are smarter with the ball & are neater by foot. Would love to see Westy given more responsibility.
    Along with most footballers I would think. Setting themselves up for life when no idea when it will end.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a good point. If Dunkley goes it creates an opportunity for others on terms of both his position on the ground and leadership amongst the group

Like I say I think that he will sign the contract in front of him at the moment just after our season ends but it's not the end of the world of he doesn't.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Along with most footballers I would think. Setting themselves up for life when no idea when it will end.
    I just mean we should have a figure in mind that we don't cross. He seems to want to tease us over it to keep him. Got nothing against setting yourself up but there is a possible domino effect if we go over budget because we like him too much.

14. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just mean we should have a figure in mind that we don't cross. He seems to want to tease us over it to keep him. Got nothing against setting yourself up but there is a possible domino effect if we go over budget because we like him too much.
    Agree we mustn't over pay him but we pay him what we consider he is worth. The key to him signing in my opinion is Adz. Extremely close to him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Yeah, this'll be his biggest contract of his career so you can't really blame him for milking it.
    The curse is dead.