Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley? Not tonight Josephine.

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Wow a few years of Charlie would be awesome.
    Didn’t do Keith Richards any harm.

2. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Didn’t do Keith Richards any harm.
    Just remember, every cigarette you have takes 30 minutes off your life and gives it to Keith Richards.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

4. Likes EasternWest, DOG GOD, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Just remember, every cigarette you have takes 30 minutes off your life and gives it to Keith Richards.
    Yeah our kids really need to start thinking about the world we're gonna be leaving to Keith Richards.

6. Likes Sedat, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to see Keith Richards play, a proud family tradition that stretches back 5 generations
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

8. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Exactly. I hope some good Brisbane players refuse to stay there and look to our club culture. This trade could have been blown wide open.
    Hopefully Bevo is not implicated in any of this Hawks stuff with the alleged treatment of Indiginous players. He was a line coach in his time over there.

I see the CEO of the MCC who was CEO of the Hawks during that time remains in his role as he has not been implicated. Let’s hope the same for Bevo.

Post Thanks / Like

It is AFEL makey upey, but...

Motlop, 4 years, $500,000 a season - End of First Round compo, Pick 19

McStay, 5 years, $600,000 a season - TBA

Come on Gil, do us a solid on the way out, at least Pick 19.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

11. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is AFEL makey upey, but...

Motlop, 4 years, $500,000 a season - End of First Round compo, Pick 19

McStay, 5 years, $600,000 a season - TBA

Come on Gil, do us a solid on the way out, at least Pick 19.
    He's not a free agent BT, Brisbane will need to trade with us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He's not a free agent BT, Brisbane will need to trade with us.
    Yes, but if Brisbane have picks 15, 19 (McStay compo), 33 , 44 and a future first rounder - they've got enough draft capital to secure their father/sons and forced to pay through the nose for Dunkley.

The McStay compo makes the likelyhood of a better Dunkley trade much better in my humble.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

14. Likes chef, jeemak, GVGjr, DOG GOD, hujsh, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A quick comparison of what I think is the nearest recent trade on value:

Josh Dunkley 2022 averages on 23 games: 25.4 Disposals, 6.2 Marks, 6.1 Tackles, 4.4 Clearances .6 Goal Assists - Total 13 Goals, 11 Behinds

Dylan Shiel 2018 averages on 23 games: 26 Disposals, 3 Marks, 3.1 Tackles, 4.1 clearances, 2 Goal Assists - Total 6 Goals, 14 Behinds

Shiel Trade: Pick 9, Future Pick 11 to GWS - Shiel and Pick 31 (natural selection before bidding, compo etc)

Dogs demand: Has to be Pick 15 and Future 1st - Dunkley, Pick 65 (if they want it) and ....

... swaps maybe?

- Pick 29 & 37 from us to Brisbane - for - incoming Pick 33 & 44 (slight downgrade in 2nd and 3rd; which 'if' being traded makes no real difference to us as i don't see a Lobb or Collins type trade falling over by a few picks). It's what we did with the Akermanis trade. We promised a second rounder for the trade, but then did a seperate trade for MacDougall which downgraded our second rounder which we sent to Brisbane. If we are promising second and third rounders for player trades, this pick swap allows us to honour our word while bring in two first round picks. Giving Sam Power FOUR first round selections to make a decison on in 2022/2023.

Brisbane net an extra 150 Draft Points equal to Pick 58.

So Dunkley & Pick 58 in points (& 65 if wanted - if so, the points are then equal to Pick 51) - For two firsts
    - So Dunkley & Pick 51 in points - For two firsts
    - Vs Shiel & Pick 31 - For two earlier firsts, being Picks 9 and 11, here circa Picks 15 and 15.

Seems like a fair trade.

(Playing at home, for the record:

Dogs picks 29 & 59 for McDougall & Pick 34
    Pick 34 for Akermanis

History rhyming a little bit maybe)

Post Thanks / Like

A quick comparison of what I think is the nearest recent trade on value:

Josh Dunkley 2022 averages on 23 games: 25.4 Disposals, 6.2 Marks, 6.1 Tackles, 4.4 Clearances .6 Goal Assists - Total 13 Goals, 11 Behinds

Dylan Shiel 2018 averages on 23 games: 26 Disposals, 3 Marks, 3.1 Tackles, 4.1 clearances, 2 Goal Assists - Total 6 Goals, 14 Behinds

Shiel Trade: Pick 9, Future Pick 11 to GWS - Shiel and Pick 31 (natural selection before bidding, compo etc)

Dogs demand: Has to be Pick 15 and Future 1st - Dunkley, Pick 65 (if they want it) and ....

... swaps maybe?

- Pick 29 & 37 from us to Brisbane - for - incoming Pick 33 & 44 (slight downgrade in 2nd and 3rd; which is being traded makes no real difference to us as i don't see a Lobb or Collins type trade falling over by a few picks). It's what we did with the Akermanis trade. We promised a second rounder for the trade, but then did a seperate trade for MacDougall which downgraded our second rounder which we sent to Brisbane. If we are promising second and third rounders for player trades, this pick swap allows us to honour our word while bring in two first round picks.
    This is a fair summation - I suspect any haggling will be over the later picks to even the trade up.
    I'd love to get two picks in the teens and find a way to take a pick in the 20s to draft as well.

I note the players we've been linked to are either salary dumps or not worth too much draft capital so I suspect (and hope) Power plans to hit the draft this year.
    Take a small crumbing forward with a later pick (I've noted the WA kids on West Coast & Freo lists taken late) and rookie a ruck and we'll be fairly well set up.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

LIONS HUNT FOR MORE PICKS

BRISBANE is on the hunt for more draft picks as the Lions face a busy trade period luring Josh Dunkley to the Gabba as well as father-son pair Will Ashcroft and Jaspa Fletcher.

The Lions have had discussions with multiple clubs around attaining more draft swaps, including Gold Coast, which looms as a possible pick swap partner given its suite of selections.

The Suns are prepared to put pick No.7 on the trade table for the club that takes on Jack Bowes and his heavily backended contract, but also have a stack of other selections that the Lions could eye in the second and third rounds – No.25, 31, 34, 43, 52 (worth 2528 draft points).

Brisbane currently has picks No.15, 33, 44 and 69 (worth 2086 points) in the first four rounds of the draft, but faces matching a bid on gun youngster Ashcroft at the No.1 pick and potentially Fletcher as well within the first round.

The club can go into a points deficit for next year, but will still need to satisfy the Western Bulldogs on a trade for Dunkley.

The Dogs are pushing for two first-round picks in return for Dunkley, who is out of contract but not a free agent. – Callum Twomey

18. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    LIONS HUNT FOR MORE PICKS

BRISBANE is on the hunt for more draft picks as the Lions face a busy trade period luring Josh Dunkley to the Gabba as well as father-son pair Will Ashcroft and Jaspa Fletcher.

The Lions have had discussions with multiple clubs around attaining more draft swaps, including Gold Coast, which looms as a possible pick swap partner given its suite of selections.

The Suns are prepared to put pick No.7 on the trade table for the club that takes on Jack Bowes and his heavily backended contract, but also have a stack of other selections that the Lions could eye in the second and third rounds – No.25, 31, 34, 43, 52 (worth 2528 draft points).

Brisbane currently has picks No.15, 33, 44 and 69 (worth 2086 points) in the first four rounds of the draft, but faces matching a bid on gun youngster Ashcroft at the No.1 pick and potentially Fletcher as well within the first round.

The club can go into a points deficit for next year, but will still need to satisfy the Western Bulldogs on a trade for Dunkley.

The Dogs are pushing for two first-round picks in return for Dunkley, who is out of contract but not a free agent. – Callum Twomey
    Axeman can you please explain the points deficit scenario so I don't have to look it up and explain it to EW?

20. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pick 7 and 15 perfect
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Axeman can you please explain the points deficit scenario so I don't have to look it up and explain it to EW?
    No please do then I can dumb it down to azabob level.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    No please do then I can dumb it down to azabob level.
    Perfect
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

24. Likes EasternWest liked this post