Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 100 of 263 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 3937

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    This is what Essendon currently hold

6, 7, 48, 67, 73, 78, 85
    I look at this and given where the Bombers are (and that they'll probably be getting pick 8), they are nuts not to do what Port Adelaide do and get three top young players for the future. When you have the opportunity to get those low picks, it's crucial you take them - think Macrae, Bontempelli and even Stringer at the time set us up for the tilt.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

2. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I mean, we don't even want picks unless we can offload them for players. If you come after a contracted player you need to be prepared to give up a lot. The arrogance of that place is off the charts. Lloyd also said the bombers won't be trading two picks as they would prefer not to give up the next Rozee and Baily Smith. Good. Draft then you idiots and don't go after contracted players.

As you can see I'm at the end of my tether with that club and it's media representatives. How there was a way to detest that club even more, well Josh you have done it.
    Spot on. We just need to hold them to the deal they did for Shiel. 2 1st rounders is the minimum.

4. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    So apparently Carlton have pulled out of the Saad deal. We must do the same. I'd advise GWS to follow suit as well.

Was just coming here to report this as well. Carlton walking away from Saad basically leaves Essendon with literally *nothing* they can give us for Dunkley, considering their trading first/future first situation at the moment.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

6. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Was just coming here to report this as well. Carlton walking away from Saad basically leaves Essendon with literally *nothing* they can give us for Dunkley, considering their trading first/future first situation at the moment.
    Maybe we can bring Saad into the conversation for Dunkley. Say pick 6 and Saad as a starting point for conversation??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Maybe we can bring Saad into the conversation for Dunkley. Say pick 6 and Saad as a starting point for conversation??
    I like Saad and ordinarily I'd be all over it, but we need another HBFer like we need another Adrian Dodoro.

Post Thanks / Like

Do we need a Saad?

Essendon supporters turning on Dodo, they are not happy with him.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

If Essendon can't get Saad done, then Dunkley better put his big boy pants on and get ready for work at the Whitten Oval in a couple of weeks when pre-season commences.

11. Likes GVGjr, Grantysghost, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I like Saad and ordinarily I'd be all over it, but we need another HBFer like we need another Adrian Dodoro.
    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Do we need a Saad?

Essendon supporters turning on Dodo, they are not happy with him.
    Possibly not but for mine sits similar to Treloar, that is, do we really need another midfielder. Both Saad and Treloar would add line breaking pace, but take your point that another HBFer is not a need. It's how we can shuffle our line-up to maximise both.

The other 'midfielder' of ours that only adds to the complexity, that has gone missing in conversation is Toby. Prior to going down with his knee he really started to add something in-tight and around the stoppages.

13. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Possibly not but for mine sits similar to Treloar, that is, do we really need another midfielder. Both Saad and Treloar would add line breaking pace, but take your point that another HBFer is not a need. It's how we can shuffle our line-up to maximise both.

The other 'midfielder' of ours that only adds to the complexity, that has gone missing in conversation is Toby. Prior to going down with his knee he really started to add something in-tight and around the stoppages.
    I have said this for awhile, we do need another outside pacy mid. Too many of our guys are similar.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Saad is not worth a first round pick, and definitely not worth 5 years at $700k (or even half of either). Salute to Carlton for finally waking up from their fever dream this morning.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton should go after Treloar.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

17. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a chance, Saad brings us nothing, is a club hopper, and we are stacked for his position.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Not a chance, Saad brings us nothing, is a club hopper, and we are stacked for his position.
    Spot on, he's a good player but he doesn't help us where we need it
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Spot on, he's a good player but he doesn't help us where we need it
    Does this development actually give us some room to speak with Adelaide about Caldwell? 2 days to go and Essendon don't yet have an offer in sight for securing Caldwell. Given we're already investigating pick swaps with them.. is there anything else we could do that would see Caldwell involved?
    I would really love to see Essendon just get smashed because of Dodoro's intransigence.

Post Thanks / Like

Saad deal done