Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley? Not tonight Josephine.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    What does it matter how many clubs are into him? He’ll just nominate whatever one he wants and we’ll have to deal with them exclusively because clubs are cowards and that’s how it works.
    That's the way it works.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    What does it matter how many clubs are into him? He’ll just nominate whatever one he wants and we’ll have to deal with them exclusively because clubs are cowards and that’s how it works.
    More clubs wanting him means he commands a bigger contract which feeds into his trade worth in a secondary way.
    It's not perfect but it has some effect
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Realistically were one of the easier clubs to trade with, which makes him an easier target for other clubs.

I think we need to turn him into a KPD. (doesn't have to be direct, but through draft pick swaps, middlemen etc)

What about Shepherd or Barrass from WCE? they should be in utter full rebuild mode, so def get-able.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    Realistically were one of the easier clubs to trade with, which makes him an easier target for other clubs.

I think we need to turn him into a KPD. (doesn't have to be direct, but through draft pick swaps, middlemen etc)

What about Shepherd or Barrass from WCE? they should be in utter full rebuild mode, so def get-able.
    Sheppard retired last year after multiple concussions so probably not him.

Some rumours we are into Barrass.

Post Thanks / Like

Sheppard is retired my man. Barrass would be nice but he’s an actual contracted asset so doubt he comes with any fire sale discount.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Do you think we are pushovers? Sheppard isn't a KP defender and Barrass has got some admirers on here and we would need to offer a fair bit in terms of a trade and probably in salary to bring him over. Quality player though. We probably wouldn't get much back from our 1st round pick and whatever we get for Dunkley.

I think our negotiations with Collingwood for Treloar and with Essendon and Dunkley show we are firm and are prepared to walk away from potential deals if we can't get the outcome we are after.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

7. Likes WBFC4FFC, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Barrass signed a big money contract extension last year.
    Rumours (only) that we're into him but it would cost more than a first rounder.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Barrass signed a big money contract extension last year.
    Rumours (only) that we're into him but it would cost more than a first rounder.
    I suspect it would basically need to be 2 x 1st rounders.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we need to turn him into a KPD
    . (doesn't have to be direct, but through draft pick swaps, middlemen etc)

Thought this mean we need to make him play as KPD at first.

11. Likes boydogs, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What is a fair trade for Dunkley in a general sense?

And in particular, given their assets eg draft picks and/or fringe players, what is a fair trade for Dunkley with say Port, or the Bombers or the Tigers?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I suspect it would basically need to be 2 x 1st rounders.
    Barass is good but not worth that.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post

And in particular, given their assets eg draft picks and/or fringe players, what is a fair trade for Dunkley with say Port, or the Bombers or the Tigers?
    Aliir, Andrews, or Vlaustin ��

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post

A 1st and 3rd round pick is a reasonable starting point.

16. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    A 1st and 3rd round pick is a reasonable starting point.
    I’ll say 2,000 draft points. So pick 4, or picks 8 & 37 to put it in 1st & 3rd round terms
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

18. Thanks The Underdog thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Inside Trading: Third club joins chase for Josh Dunkley, gun Swan Jake Lloyd in talks, McDonald-Tipungwuti's call

www.afl.com.au

Every Thursday AFL.com.au presents Inside Trading, with breaking news and the best analysis of the Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period covering contracts, re-signings, free agents, the NAB AFL Draft and industry insights.

ANOTHER CLUB IN DUNKLEY CHASE

BRISBANE is among the clubs with interest in out-of-contract Western Bulldogs midfielder Josh Dunkley, who is deciding on his future.

A call from Dunkley isn't expected before the end of the Dogs' season, as the Lions, Port Adelaide and Essendon show interest in the ball-getting premiership player.

Inside Trading revealed the Power's interest in the 25-year-old last month, while the Bombers have continued to track Dunkley closely since his attempted trade to Tullamarine at the end of 2020.

The Lions are also understood to be in the mix, with Dunkley having a link in the state where his sister Lara plays netball for the Queensland Firebirds.

The Bulldogs are keen to retain the 2016 flag winner, with AFL.com.au reporting in July of the Dogs' long-term contract offer in front of Dunkley. They have been keen to sign Dunkley for some time, with his signature the remaining piece in a year of important re-signings for the club.

Dunkley has played 20 games for the Dogs this season and averaged 25 disposals and booted 17 goals in a strong campaign. He is a year away from being a free agent, so would need to be traded if he decided to leave the Bulldogs. – Callum Twomey
    So at best he is a restricted free agent. We can match. Not going anywhere unless we get a decent deal.