Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 50 of 263 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

How is it heating up if we haven't commented and Dunkley hasn't requested a trade. If anything it's cooled...……..
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    From Callum Twomey.

Essendon's pursuit of Josh Dunkley looks like heating up, while the Dockers eye off a speedy Cat and several quality players remain unsigned for 2021.
    THE STANDOFF between the Western Bulldogs and Essendon will head into the start of this week's Trade Period with star midfielder Josh Dunkley yet to request a trade.
    I quite like Cal but the narrative continues to be skewed and bemusing (note that he is a Bomber’s supporter). There’s no urgency for our Club to come to the party at all. It’s all up to Essendon to do the talking and make us an offer we can’t refuse. Dodo can be as stand-offish as he likes. The deal just won’t get done without Essendon generously opening up their wallets. Come on Bombers cough up big time and let’s see just just how committed you are to Josh given your poaching of a player with 2 years to run on his contract, or will you leave him high and dry?

Post Thanks / Like

If I was Sam Power I'd just print a life size cut out of Andrew O'Keefe, and have a button linked to an audio recording of him shouting "No Deal!" which I'd press every time Dodo walks in the room. Maybe his eyes could glow red or something but save that for version 2.0....

5. Likes Twodogs, DOG GOD, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    If I was Sam Power I'd just print a life size cut out of Andrew O'Keefe, and have a button linked to an audio recording of him shouting "No Deal!" which I'd press every time Dodo walks in the room. Maybe his eyes could glow red or something but save that for version 2.0....

Why not ask the actual Andrew O' Keefe to sit in Power's office (it's not like he has a lot on his plate outside of making the Chaser) to yell "no deal! when Dodo walks in. We could even hook him up to an electronic device that makes his eyes light up.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

7. Likes soupman, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Why not ask the actual Andrew O' Keefe to sit in Power's office (it's not like he has a lot on his plate outside of making the Chaser) to yell "no deal! when Dodo walks in. We could even hook him up to an electronic device that makes his eyes light up.
    Love it.

Does his salary come under the soft cap? Maybe we just load him up with Footscray Market vouchers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Love it.

Does his salary come under the soft cap? Maybe we just load him up with Footscray Market vouchers.
    I reckon he'd go for that. The marketeers on the other hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    If we can believe the reports as have been made I'd rather it not be played out leading into trade week and using the threat of moving to another club. If you think your being under valued and the club isn't receptive to a review then shop yourself around and follow through and leave if a better offer is found and a suitable trade can be made.
    You either want contracts to have some meaning or you accept the view of many of the players of looking for the better deals even if they have 2 years to play out and putting pressure on the clubs to keep paying more.
    Did we up Brian Lake's contract because he had signed for a longish term at a pretty low rate when he was starting out?

I seem to remember that happening.

Post Thanks / Like

So we just spent two seasons holding Trengove hostage, who's a plodding ruckman and defender, yet we've supposedly just asked about 31 year old McEvoy, who's a plodding ruckman and defender.

Aaaaalrighty then.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

12. Likes Dry Rot, DOG GOD, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    So we just spent two seasons holding Trengove hostage, who's a plodding ruckman and defender, yet we've supposedly just asked about 31 year old McEvoy, who's a plodding ruckman and defender.

Aaaaalrighty then.
    In your view who's a better ruck? Who's a better defender?

Reckon McEvoy is a better ruck and more influential as one around the ground, and it's possibly even in terms of marking the bigger forwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    In your view who's a better ruck? Who's a better defender?

Reckon McEvoy is a better ruck and more influential as on around the ground, and it's possibly even in terms of marking the bigger forwards.
    Sure, McEvoy's been a serviceable but extremely limited contributor in either role. He'll turn 32 next season too.

I wouldn't opine on Trengove because I've forgotten what he looks like but would suggest the extent to which the former represents an upgrade on the latter for season 2021 might be measured in bees dicks.

Have we just decided someone who can ruck and defend might be useful? Or is McEvoy *that* attractive a proposition?

Am jumping at shadows here because let's face it, that's what this time of year's all about, but I haven't seen a fringe player we've been linked to yet that doesn't make me groan with resignation.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

15. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, I get it. I do think that with his extra height and dedication to the craft over time that McEvoy is a better ruck than Trengove, and that's something that's been exacerbated by the fact Trengove hasn't had a chance to refine it at the top level.

What I haven't really seen from McEvoy though is any real mobility beyond what Trengove has offered, but again it's hard to tell as I didn't watch much of the Hawks this year and I definitely didn't watch much of Trengove aside from that one time when his mobility looked shot, so again, I revert to height advantage.

I really hate this time of year because we as supporters are damned if we think positive thoughts, or damned if we think negative thoughts about prospects and the in-between emotions match neither in dopamine output.

There's also the missing out element as well. The Saints went hell for leather last year and got a sugar hit, we recruited sensibly and stagnated (although I think we played poorly pound for pound and should have their measure) but it feels much worse than that and it's shaping up to again. However, I am getting closer and closer to thinking that if you're actually in the media at this time of year as the recipient of a supposed gold mine of boom recruits you're either a destination club (which we're not) or a club looking to distract basically everyone from how shit you've been or probably are (which again, we're not).

17. Likes azabob, soupman, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, I get it. I do think that with his extra height and dedication to the craft over time that McEvoy is a better ruck than Trengove, and that's something that's been exacerbated by the fact Trengove hasn't had a chance to refine it at the top level.

What I haven't really seen from McEvoy though is any real mobility beyond what Trengove has offered, but again it's hard to tell as I didn't watch much of the Hawks this year and I definitely didn't watch much of Trengove aside from that one time when his mobility looked shot, so again, I revert to height advantage.

I really hate this time of year because we as supporters are damned if we think positive thoughts, or damned if we think negative thoughts about prospects and the in-between emotions match neither in dopamine output.

There's also the missing out element as well. The Saints went hell for leather last year and got a sugar hit, we recruited sensibly and stagnated (although I think we played poorly pound for pound and should have their measure) but it feels much worse than that and it's shaping up to again. However, I am getting closer and closer to thinking that if you're actually in the media at this time of year as the recipient of a supposed gold mine of boom recruits you're either a destination club (which we're not) or a club looking to distract basically everyone from how shit you've been or probably are (which again, we're not).
    If true that we approached McEvoy then I would have thought it’s because he can still impact forward when not in the ruck. The reason Trengove struggles for a game as a ruckmen is that he can’t do that.

19. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

you're either a destination club (which we're not) or a club looking to distract basically everyone from how shit you've been or probably are (which again, we're not).
    This is the most important thing written on the forum recently. It sums up all that has been wrong with the Dogs for years.

Why not???

Even after winning a premiership quality players don’t see going to the Dogs as a career move. Why is that?

Could it be watching the premiership group disintegrate, so many discarded or going to play elsewhere?

Could it be seeing those who did come to the club treated poorly or have terrible seasons?

Could it be a failed game strategy where they perceive pressure to do things differently?

The club must address the way they are viewed in the wider football community, then they might see a genuine way forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I know I should stop sharing this sh*t, but there was another hilarious, pro-bomber article on fox sports. It went into our search for a ruck and how we enquired about McEvoy. Also mentioned we went after Preuss which I think is incorrect. Anyway it mentioned we could ask for a tall from Essendon in any Dunkley deal but then said "it’s unlikely Essendon have any talls the dogs would want"....

I can think of a couple but clearly this media do not want them suggested and/or think it would be fair. It’s just ridiculous this bias. And why?

Post Thanks / Like

It does indicate we're after ruck support, which is what Bevo mentioned after our losing final.
    I think the fact that there is nobody available is correct. Ruckmen are now a valuable commodity and for one reason or another Trengove is not seen as that ruck support option for next year.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers