Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Saad move should put wheels in motion for a bunch of other decisions. I honestly am not convinced the Club can make the best out of a situation where we let Dunks walk, my gut feeling is that the other mob have a tonne of work to do before we change our mind.

At this point, I'd hold onto him.
    We can always go down this road again next year if he still wants to go, asking price should still be high with a year to run.

I hope he's gone by the end of tomorrow personally.

Post Thanks / Like

One benefit of dealing with Dodo this year particularly is the lack of leverage he has.

Dunkley is contracted for one, but we also have access to the best kid in the draft and can work other deals to ensure we have coverage for a bid, so the attraction of a top 10 pick just isn't the same as other seasons.

Would be nice if Essendon had a fringe type that would suit our needs but their list is putrid.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

3. Likes Ghost Dog, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    One benefit of dealing with Dodo this year particularly is the lack of leverage he has.

Dunkley is contracted for one, but we also have access to the best kid in the draft and can work other deals to ensure we have coverage for a bid, so the attraction of a top 10 pick just isn't the same as other seasons.

Would be nice if Essendon had a fringe type that would suit our needs but their list is putrid.
    No love for McDonaldTW?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    No love for McDonaldTW?
    They have a few untouchables, if he's not one of them he'd be very close. I'm more talking the Butler or Howard types that Saints chiseled out last year.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

@Sammy__Edmund
    Western Bulldogs adamant they will not bend on Josh Dunkley trade unless Dons put 2 good first rounders on the table. Dogs want to keep him so insist market value is what they say it is. The club is aligned from the board down to keep Dunkley, who they know won't kick up a stink.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Club making a strong statement demanding 2 x good first rounders, or he stays.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Two good first rounders, that can only be this year as we don’t know what next years good first rounders are. Is this a signal we are trying to do what I’ve wanted, trading up?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Two good first rounders, that can only be this year as we don’t know what next years good first rounders are. Is this a signal we are trying to do what I’ve wanted, trading up?
    Does suggest that, though we could also be banking on Essendon continuing to stink it up next year making their first in 2021 another good pick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Does suggest that, though we could also be banking on Essendon continuing to stink it up next year making their first in 2021 another good pick.
    The club said trading JD would only be for a premium result. Pick 2 would be that. Otherwise having to trade out 8 & 14 this year doesn’t make much sense as a strategy. I think Power is trying to make a ballsy move right now. He must be reading my mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    The club said trading JD would only be for a premium result. Pick 2 would be that. Otherwise having to trade out 8 & 14 this year doesn’t make much sense as a strategy. I think Power is trying to make a ballsy move right now. He must be reading my mind.
    Where were you when the Goldstein trade was there to be made
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

12. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Where were you when the Goldstein trade was there to be made
    On the toilet. I came back and Stef Martin was as good as done. My bad.

14. Likes bulldogsthru&thru, bornadog, anfo27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Live shots of Dodo in the Essington war room ...

Tick tock MFer.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Good statement.

Large part of me would find it hard to cheer for Dunks next year though.

17. Likes Testekill, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Good statement.

Large part of me would find it hard to cheer for Dunks next year though.
    I won't have that problem at all if he stays.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I won't have that problem at all if he stays.
    Agree. Its just a pay packet to all of them nowadays. As long as he does his job I'll cheer him.

I'll always support the jumper, but the guys wearing it will just come and go(apart from a select few) and i wont get too attached.
    The curse is dead.